With semi-final and runners-up finishes in their last two major competitions, England are strong contenders for World Cup 2022 glory. If you are looking to bet on England to win World Cup 2022, the article below is essential reading.
England National Football Team World Cup Betting
18+ begambleaware.org; New bettors get 100% of deposit up to £50; Once per household; Min deposit £15 (no Skrill/Neteller); Wager a total of 8 times deposit + bonus, with max qualifying bet stake equal to your initial bonus amount; Bonus expires after 60 days; Min odds of 4/5 on singles, or 2/5 per leg for acca; Some bet types excluded; Free spins validity: 7 days; Free spins max. winnings = £100; See full terms; Terms apply; 18+
New customers only aged 21+. Minimum deposit £10. Qualifying bet must be placed at odds of evens (2.0) or greater. Free bet is matched up to £30, credited within 24 hours and expires after 7 days. Additional T&Cs apply. Please bet responsibly.
New Players Only. Free bet - one-time stake of £10, min odds 1.5, stake not returned. 1X wager the winnings. Wager from real balance first. Wager calculated on bonus bets only. Max conversion: £200. Valid for 7 Days from issue. Withdrawal requests voids all active/pending bonuses. Excluded Skrill deposits.
18+ BeGambleAware.org. New customers only. Opt in required. Qualifying bet must be £10 or more and placed at odds of 1.5 or higher. Free bet must be used in-play. Free bet is non-withdrawable, expires after 7 days and is not returned with winnings. Full T&C’s apply.
18+ BeGambleAware.org, T&Cs apply. New customers on mobile only. 7 days to claim and stake £10 minimum bet at odds of 1.5 or greater to qualify. Free, void, cashed out or partially cashed out bets do not qualify. Max 3x £10 free bets credited on bet settlement. Free bets must be used on 4 or more selections with selection odds of 1.3 or greater. Free bets are non-withdrawable and stake not returned with winnings. 7 day expiry.
Min deposit £/€/$10 • A qualifying bet is a ‘real money’ stake of at least £/€/$10 • Min odds 1/2 (1.50) • Free Bets credited upon qualifying bet settlement and expire after 7 days • Free Bet stakes not included in returns • Casino Bonus must be claimed within 7 days • To withdraw bonus/related wins, wager the bonus amount 40 times within 14 days • Casino Bonus expires after 60 days • Withdrawal restrictions, payment methods, country & Full T&C’s apply.
England national football team’s squad
As most of England’s team consists of players from the world’s biggest domestic competition, the Premier League, you’ll most likely be aware of the names. Here is some further information on their key men for those looking to bet on England to win World Cup 2022:
- Gareth Southgate, Manager: The former England Under-21 manager has shaken off the ghost of a notorious Euro ‘96 penalty miss to become a national treasure. He has led England to a semi-final finish in the 2018 World Cup, a place in the Euro 2020 final, and boasts an impressive 66% win rate as the men's national team’s manager.
- Harry Kane, Captain: The Tottenham striker won the Golden Boot in the 2018 World Cup, and was the pre-tournament favourite to reclaim this title in Qatar 2022. Kane netted 12 goals in the World Cup qualification stage, which works out at a goal every 49 minutes - prolific.
- Declan Rice, Midfielder/Defender: The tenacious West Ham stalwart has enjoyed a stellar domestic campaign, earning a place in many expert’s Premier League teams of the season. His ability to play in multiple positions across defence and midfield gives the England squad some crucial flexibility in what will be a gruelling tournament.
- Raheem Sterling, Forward: Still only 27 years of age, but has amassed well over 70 caps for his country. The Man City maestro recently scored his 100th Premier League goal, and has a wealth of big game experience to draw upon.
- Jordan Pickford, Goalkeeper: England’s number one knows how to step up to the big stage, having earned a place in the 2018 World Cup’s team of the tournament. The Everton stopper has 40 caps to his name, with his calm and assured distribution giving England a stable base to build from.
Harry Kane (C)
The England national football team has endured mixed fortunes at the World Cup. Before you bet on England to win World Cup 2022, take a look at some of their notable results:
- 1950: Competed for the first time.
- 1966: Winners. Only occasion so far.
- 1978: Failed to qualify for the second tournament in a row.
- 1982: Returned to the World Cup after a twelve-year absence.
- 1990: Reached the semi-finals.
- 2014: Failed to qualify from the group stage.
- 2018: Reached the semi-finals.
Can England win the World Cup?
Top-quality betting sites such as Bwin and 10bet, priced England at between 11/2 and 7/1 before a ball was kicked. This means England’s percentage chance of victory at the World Cup 2022, according to bookmakers, was 12.5%-15%. That might seem a little low, but pre-tournament favourites Brazil were given around an 18% chance of victory, and you could find teams such as New Zealand available at 1,000/1!
England’s recent form in international competitions has defied expectations. A semi-final finish in the last World Cup, along with reaching the final of Euro 2020, suggests that this team has big-game pedigree. Those looking to bet on England to win World Cup 2022 will be encouraged by their recent performances, and that many of their key players including Kane, Sterling, and Pickford, are all in the prime of their careers.
England have a favourable group stage draw. Betting sites such as 10Bet had them as short as 1/3 to emerge as the victors of Group B. The Three Lions’ opening game is against rank outsiders Iran, so this is a great way to ease into the competition and shake off any nerves.
A problem for the England national football team may be the timing of the tournament. The World Cup 2022 comes in the thick of the Premier League season, so this may sap the energy of key players ahead of the tournament. However, England are ranked the 4th best team in the world, and have a deep squad to cover any injury concerns.
How to bet on England:
The World Cup is an enormous global event, and there are countless opportunities to bet on England to win World Cup 2022. Betting sites typically have a dedicated ‘World Cup’ section; either accessible directly through the homepage, or under the ‘football’ tab.
Take a look at some of the ways you can get in on the betting action with the Three Lions:
- Outright Winner: This is a standard market across all betting sites. If England’s form isn’t convincing, you can always change your position through the betting site’s cashout tool.
- Betting in-play: Get in on the real-time action and take odds that are updated as the action unfolds. You can bet on England on the go with quality mobile apps you’ll find at sites such as 10Bet, Leo Vegas UK, and SportNation.
- Group stage winner: Sometimes it’s hard to predict how the tournament will unfold; meaning you don’t know who will play who. Fixtures in the Group Stage winner market have already been scheduled, and England are firm favourites to progress from Group B.
- Promotions: It’s always essential to get the most value you can from your betting experience. Promotions come and go, but it’s highly likely that football friendly betting sites, such as 10bet and Bwin, will run World Cup deals - even England specials. Always check the ‘promotions’ section of the website before you place a bet on England to win World Cup 2022.