Before I began my Betzone review, I had high expectations. This is a site which operates under the wider Megabet brand. If that name doesn’t ring a bell, they used to run Stan James – one of the UK biggest bookmakers at the time, and dating back to 1973. With that in mind, I launched into my Betzone review hoping to find a top online betting site which could compete with both old and new betting sites. Here’s what I found.
Betzone UK Review 2024
Betzone Sport Types
- Horse Racing
- Cool selection of promos
- In-play betting available
- Downloadable mobile app
- Colourful, fresh design
- Betting Variety4.8
- Banking Options4.8
- Mobile Experience4.8
- Betting Experience4.8
- Customer Support4.8
|Year founded: 1973
|License & regulation: UK Gambling Commission
|Contact information: No.1 Poultry, London EC2R 8EJ
|Sponsorship deals: N/A
|Address/Headquarters: No.1 Poultry, London EC2R 8EJ
|Customer support: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
|Features: In-play betting, promotions
|Payment methods: Visa, MasterCard, Maestro
|Apps devices: Android and iOS
Betzone Strengths and Weaknesses
Betzone has a strong set up, but no site is without its flaws. I studied the site and tested it firsthand to produce a list of the key strengths and weaknesses.
✔️ Betzone strengths
- Promotions: If you like to get extra value on your deposits and pick up the odd free bet, you’ll definitely enjoy the bonuses available at Betzone. Review the latest options on the homepage.
- Markets: The bread and butter of any top betting site. It’s vital that any site you consider covers a large number of sports and has a cool selection of markets, so you’re not just left with the same old options to review. Bet Zone has loads of sports and plenty of interesting markets.
- Sweet app: If you prefer betting apps to placing wagers through your mobile browser, you’ll be pleased to know that Betzone has a classy app. It’s easy to use and looks great, making it one of the better aspects of our Betzone review.
❌ Betzone weaknesses
- Lack of live chat: When I began my Betzone review I somewhat expected live chat to be an option, as it’s very common at the leading online betting sites these days. It isn’t, which is a shame – although the email support team are fast to respond to queries.
- No live streaming: There’s currently no option to watch live sports while you bet on them, which is something that you can do at many other betting sites. However, if you don’t tend to live stream at gambling sites, this won’t affect your experience.
Over the course of my Betzone review I did find some issues which will be a problem for certain players. But if you’re not too fussed about live streaming, there will be plenty about the site which will appeal to you.
Betzone Welcome Offer
Bet Zone Betting OffersMore Promotions
Betzone Full Review
At the time of my Betzone review, it had a pretty cool welcome bonus which allowed me to claim £60 in free bets. In fact, there are plenty of tasty promotions. They don’t have the usual ‘Promotions’ tab, but instead the bonuses are permanently plastered down the right-hand side of the homepage. This shows just how much importance Betzone reviews its special offers with.
You’ll find around 30 sports to bet on and a plethora of markets within each one. That includes in-play betting, and the odds are competitive even when compared to the best betting sites in the UK.
📢 "Betzone's odds compare favourably with the UK's top betting sites."
Banking is an area which needs improvement, as options are severely limited. Luckily, debit cards are covered, which accounts for a large proportion of you. When I made a few deposits and withdrawals as part of my Betzone review, I must say I found the process to be smooth and speedy, so it’s not all bad on the banking front.
As mentioned earlier in my Betzone UK review, there’s not a live chat feature at the moment. But there are social media channels including Facebook and Twitter. And of course, there’s more traditional email support. In theory, you’ll receive a response within 72 hours. But in my experience, response times are way quicker than this; sometimes just a few hours.
If you’re a mobile player, you’ll definitely want to check out the Betzone betting app. You can download it for free on iOS or Android. It’s well reviewed, and has a modern feel to it – plus all the markets you could ask for.
Bet Zone Score
Bonuses & Offers ⭐⭐⭐⭐
The welcome bonus is solid and has respectable wagering requirements. There were also plenty of boosted offers at the time of my Betzone review.
Betting Variety ⭐⭐⭐⭐
You can review Betzone’s full list of sports on the left-hand side of the home screen, and your options are numerous.
Banking Options ⭐⭐
Although there are no issues when making a withdrawal at Betzone, for a UK site there simply aren’t enough payment methods.
Mobile Experience ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
The Betzone app is a really top-drawer product, and you can even find the nearest physical store while you’re out and about using your phone.
Payout Speed ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Although the payment options are limited, Betzone’s withdrawal times are solid. I cashed out a few times during this Betzone review and never faced any delays.
No complaints from me based on my Betzone review, as safety was not an issue. Bet21 Ltd. have years of experience and your funds are safe here.
Software & Games ⭐⭐⭐⭐
With sports betting, casino titles, and live casino games, there are a wide range of options for you to choose from.
Betting Experience ⭐⭐⭐⭐
From Betzone football betting to a top-level mobile betting app, the betting experience here is excellent.
Customer Support ⭐⭐
The customer support team at Betzone review your queries in good time and are friendly – but the fact there’s no live chat or phone support caused the site to suffer in my review of Betzone.
Is Betzone legal in the UK?
It is 100% safe and legal to place bets at Betzone. Review the licence details by scrolling to the footer of their webpage, where you’ll find a UKGC licence (licence number 50122). It’s one of the most respected licenses around, ensuring your gaming here is safe. The bookie has also been around since 1973 if you factor in the history of the parent company. During my Betzone review and testing of the site, including deposits and withdrawals, I saw nothing that aroused any suspicion.
Who owns Betzone?
Betzone UK is owned by a company named Bet21 Ltd. If that name rings a bell, it’s because new betting sites aren’t their only interest – the company was formerly owner of Stan James, a major football betting site and shop in the UK. Since then, it has expanded to include more betting sites. The years of experience that Bet21 Ltd. brings was certainly a positive in my Betzone review.
Betzone Welcome Offer 🎁
A welcome package is a great way to check out a new site, as you’ll receive a bonus when you sign up. This could be free bets, a deposit bonus, or something else – like free spins (if the sportsbook has online casino as well).
Here’s a bit more about the welcome bonus at the time of my Betzone review.
Betzone Welcome Bonus
50% Back As Free Bets Up To £60
Get £10 in free bets after you place five bets of £10+ at odds of evens or above. Then get your second round of free bets once you place 10 bets at odds of evens or above. The bet bonus depends on the stake size, as follows:
- 10 x bets of £10-£19.99 = £10 in free bets
- 10 x bets of £20 - £49.99 = £20 in free bets
- 10 x bets of £50+ = £50 in free bets
How to claim Betzone UK welcome bonus
- Follow the links on this page to access the Betzone welcome bonus
- Sign up and make a deposit
- Place five bets of £10+ at odds of evens or higher to unlock £10 in free bets
- Place ten bets of £10+ to unlock anywhere from £10 to £50 in free bets
Betzone welcome bonus terms and conditions
Welcome bonuses nearly always sound amazing, and at the same time they almost invariably come with strings attached. To make sure you don’t get caught out, always keep an eye on the terms and conditions.
At the time of my Betzone review, the welcome bonus terms were pretty standard. You have seven days to use any free bets, which isn’t out of the ordinary. There’s a cap of £500 on winnings from your free bet, which will be fine for most players. You can’t use the free bets for accas – singles only – which isn’t a huge deal when you consider the £500 cap. And it’ll have to be at odds of evens or higher.
Betzone UK Best Sports Features
When I review sites like Betzone, I’m always looking to see what helps it stand out from the crowd. There are so many similar betting sites in the UK that I like to try and find those which can offer us something a bit different.
One way to differentiate them is by their features. That’s why I picked out a handful of the most interesting features for my Betzone review.
Betzone Mobile app
I often find that sites which are steeped in history – like Bet Zone, whose parent company set up shop in 1973 – can have a lackluster app. But that isn’t the case here. Instead, the app is modern, sharp, and easy to use.
Betzone in-play betting
Whilst it’s now fairly common at most UK betting sites, in-play betting at Betzone is still worth a mention. Click the ‘In Play’ tab at the top of the website to see what matches are available to bet on, then use the colour-coded key at the bottom of the page to see precisely where the odds are shortening or drifting.
Betzone Sports Coverage
From horse racing to football, Betzone covers all the biggest sports – and a lot of the lesser-known ones, too. To explore your betting options, you can simply browse the extensive list of sports and leagues in the left-hand menu. And, if you’re looking for Betzone betting tips, you can even find those by clicking on ‘Betzone events’.
At MansionBet, there have been a lot of sportsbook reviews – Betzone included – which cover tonnes of sports. So, I picked out a few of the highlights for this site in particular.
From Betzone UK to online sportsbooks in the Middle East, football is almost always a priority. And it’s no different here. It’s one of the two sub-tabs within ‘Betzone events’, meaning football has special offers and boosted odds. This makes the site highly competitive, and a smart choice for footy fans.
Betzone Horse Racing
Similar to Betzone football betting, you can get exclusive and limited-time offers on the biggest horse races at Betzone. Review the odds and you’ll quickly notice they’re in line with the top sportsbooks around. There’s also an awesome feature if you click ‘See racecard’, where you can see an individual price graph for each rider, showing how the odds have recently changed.
To wrap up the Betzone UK review I also had a few bets on the cricket, as this was one of the sports being advertised in a big way on the homepage. Betzone betting is always clear and concise with the black and green colour scheme which helps the odds stick out, and you can easily choose the cricket event you want using the dropdown menus.
Betzone Betting Markets & Types of Bets Available
If you’re looking to place a Betzone bet, you’ll have plenty of options. With so many sports and such an in-depth collection of markets, Betzone UK is one of the top places to explore your betting options.
Here are a few of my Betzone betting recommendations, based on the odds at the time of this Betzone review:
Betzone Betting Markets:
- Winner: There are many different versions of this market depending on the precise Betzone bet you’re placing, but it’s always straightforward: bet on the team or sportsperson you think will win a match.
- Outright: Instead of focusing on one individual game, outright markets let you place a bet at Betzone on who will win overall. For example, betting on England to win the World Cup.
- Boosted: As mentioned earlier in my Betzone UK review, you can click on the ‘Betzone Events’ tab to get boosted odds on a range of sports. Make this a first point of call for your Betzone bets for a shot at bigger odds.
Betzone Types of Bets Available
As well as having many markets, I also saw a number of bet types during my Betzone sportsbook review. Here are some you should know about:
- Single: A simple bet on one event, which is concluded as soon as it ends – like betting on a horse to win a race.
- Acca: If you go for an accumulator at Betzone, your bet will only be successful if all aspects come in. For instance, betting on three horses to win three races.
- Handicap: Check out the Betzone app or website and look for the handicap section if you want bigger odds. This gives one team or player a theoretical advantage.
Betzone Mobile Apps
I’ve already touched upon Betzone app in my review, and that’s because it’s a very high-end product. Bright, responsive, and well-thought-out, it’s definitely worth downloading if you’re into betting apps. Even if you prefer to save memory on your phone and avoid downloading apps, you can simply enter the standard URL to be redirected to a mobile-optimised version of the betting site.
📢 "The Betzone mobile app is perfect for betting on the move."
Betzone Mobile app promotions
You can easily access all the same promotions on the mobile app as you can on the desktop. In particular you might find the ‘Betzone shop locator’ more useful on mobile than on your computer, should you want to visit a physical bookies.
Betzone Sports Bonuses and Promotions
It couldn’t be easier to find the latest promotions at Betzone UK, as they’re displayed down the right-hand side of the homepage. At the time of my Betzone sportsbook review, there were plenty to go round. Although this included casino bonuses, I’ll be focusing on the sports betting offers for the purpose of this Betzone UK review.
- Daily free bet promos – Get free bets on selected events.
- The rewards zone – Earn rewards and exclusive offers when you play at Betzone UK.
- Racing free bet promos – Specifically for horse racing fans, get free bets on the biggest races.
- Betzone shop locator – A bit more of a feature, this allows you to find your closest Betzone betting shop.
I’ve focused on Betzone UK so far as this is a Betzone sportsbook review, but I did also take a few moments to check out the online casino.
To access the casino, you can click on either ‘Casino’ or ‘Live casino’ in the top menu. There are more than a dozen games software providers, and a dropdown menu allows you to search all titles from each one.
Hover over any casino title and click the ‘i’ logo to find out more about the game, including a breakdown of the key features and how to play. You can also click the heart logo to add the game to your favourites, making it easy to find it quickly next time you log in.
📢 "Play a vast array of popular games at the Betzone casino."
Betzone casino has some really famous slot titles such as Starburst and Rainbow Riches, plus games from lesser-known outlets. The live casino section is also packed, with more than 80 tables and live dealer games for you to choose from.
As mentioned earlier in my Betzone review, banking is a bit of a weak area at this betting site. That’s because options are limited to Visa, MasterCard, and Maestro. This would be a relatively easy problem to fix, and I’m hoping they add more in the near future.
On the plus side, deposits are free and instant, and withdrawals are also quite speedy. Plus, the site has a strong and illustrious history given its parent company, which means you can definitely trust them with your funds.
I wanted to get first-hand experience of the Betzone cash out process, so I made multiple withdrawals on both the Betzone app and the desktop. In my experience, the cash out times were almost identical whether using the Betzone app or just the desktop version, which is a good sign.
One interesting thing I noticed about cashing out at Betzone is that you can make small transactions without triggering the two-factor authentication process. I wasn’t sure whether to make this a plus or a minus in my Bet zone UK review – it’s a bit of both.
Betzone UK Customer Support
There’s no live chat or phone number provided at Betzone, but review your options under the ‘Contact Us’ section and you’ll see they have their social media pages linked, which are manned 24/7. Whilst not ideal for everyone, this is an increasingly common form of contact for UK betting sites. Plus, if they’re willing to direct you to a public-facing forum, it’s often a sign they have nothing to hide.
Emails are provided for traditional email support. In my experience, the team was well-informed and polite, responding in good time.
Betzone How to
When I began my Betzone UK review, everything seemed straightforward – so I think you’ll be fine to join the site without much guidance. But just to help get you started, I’ve put together a little ‘how to’ guide for Betzone UK below.
How to open an account on Betzone
- Click ‘Sign up’ at the top of the page
- Enter your email and create a password. If you have a promo code, enter that here
- Next, you’ll go through a three-page process of entering details like your name, date of birth and home address
- Opt in or out of marketing. Remember, opting in could lead to exclusive offers
How to place a bet at Betzone
- Create an account (as explained above in this Betzone sportsbook review) and log in
- Make sure you have sufficient funds in your account. If you need to add some, head to the cashier and make a deposit
- Click on the sport you wish to bet on from the A-Z menu on the left-hand side
- Once you’ve clicked on the sport, find the specific market and click on the odds to add to your bet slip
- You’ll see the bet slip on the right-hand side. Input your stake and confirm your bet to lock it in
How to withdraw money from Betzone
- When you’re ready to cash out at Betzone, log into your account
- Head to the cashier section and choose ‘Withdraw’
- Select a payment method which suits you
- Enter the amount you wish to cash out and confirm
- If this is your first time withdrawing, you may need to go through the KYC process before receiving your funds
Frequently asked questions about Betzone
How do I bet on Betzone?
Follow the links on this page to sign up to Betzone, then choose your sport from the A-Z list on the left-hand side. There are around 30 in total.
Does Betzone have a good welcome bonus?
Yes. At the time of my Betzone review, new players were eligible for up to £60 in free bets when making their first qualifying deposit.
Is there a Betzone app?
Yes – Betzone has a killer app, with tonnes of sports and markets, special offers, and a very modern look and feel.
Does Betzone offer good odds?
Betzone is operated by Megaway, who formerly managed Stan James, meaning they are able to offer some of the best and most competitive odds in the UK.
Which sports can I bet on at Betzone?
You can bet on approximately 30 sports at Betzone, covering mainstream choices like football, cricket and tennis right down to politics and TV specials.
- Betting sites
- Betzone UK