MansionBet Canada knows the sports betting game, with more than 15 years of serving as an authority on the topic. Now, MansionBet is using our experience to help bettors learn everything they need to know about the market, and we’re exploring one of the gambling world’s burgeoning markets: Canada! Below, we’ll cover everything you need to know about Canadian sports betting, from the top sites to how you can get started.
Sports Betting Sites in Canada
List Of Top Betting Sites
The MansionBet Mission
The best way to truly know the sports betting world is to be a part of it. MansionBet served bettors for years as one of the top global operators. Now, we’re leveraging all that experience and know-how to provide an information hub created by industry insiders for bettors.
MansionBet finds, compares, and reviews some of the top operators around the world. We use our experience as a gambling operator to provide unbiased, honest breakdowns of what these sportsbooks are providing. Our knowledge of markets, sports coverage, promos, and more all shape our ability to provide highly-valuable info to users.
MansionBet explores markets from around the world, and now, we’ve arrived in Canada. We’ll be covering the betting sites Canada loves, exploring what they offer, how they compare, and all other details bettors need to be aware of.
The Canadian betting market is changing at the speed of light. MansionBet is here to help you navigate these rapid changes.
Top Online Betting Sites
Since MansionBet is here to service Canadians, it’s time we explore some of the Canada sports betting sites that have thrived in the Great White North. Let’s look at some of the betting sites online that have found significant popularity amongst Canadians.
A sportsbook created by Canadians and for Canadians. This operator has been in the game for over 25 years, and it has a smooth design, deep sports coverage, and tons of fun markets. This operator also has solid customer service and a good mobile experience. There’s a reason bettors have been coming back to them for so long!
Top Features: Pinata Picks, Live Betting, Odds Boosts
Likes: Web design, Tons of fun markets.
Dislikes: Lack of a mobile app.
Welcome Bonus: 100% Matched Deposit Up to $500
Sports Coverage: Baseball, Basketball, Hockey, Football
You Need to Try Their: Pinata Picks. A unique and fun feature I haven’t seen anywhere else.
One of the most popular sportsbooks on the planet. Betway is a website with a lot to offer bettors, including multiple welcome offers and a mobile app. Their app can be downloaded for both iPhone and Android. Betway is an operator that also provides excellent coverage of a huge array of sports. They offer as many markets as any operator I’ve seen.
Top Features: Betway Boosts, Live Betting, Cash Out.
Likes: Mobile Apps, Multiple Welcome Offers.
Dislikes: Hard-to-Find Customer Support.
Welcome Bonus: 100% Matched Deposit Up to $500 or Bet Credit Refund on First Bet Up to $200.
Sports Coverage: Baseball, Basketball, Soccer, Hockey.
You Need to Try Their: Betway Boosts. A daily feature with tons of value.
888Sport is an operator that has found success wherever they’ve gone. There are a lot of reasons for this, including an eye-catching web design, consistent bonuses and promotions, and fun features. They also have excellent mobile offerings for Canadians, including a mobile app. They are an easy-to-use, enjoyable operator with something for everyone.
Top Features: Bet Builder, Bet Boosts, BetFeed
Likes: Mobile Experience, Unique Betting Twists
Dislikes: Lack of a 24/7 Customer Support Line
Welcome Bonus: 100% Matched Deposit Up to $250 +$10 Free Bonus
Sports Coverage: Football, Hockey, Basketball
You Need to Try Their: Bet Builder. A fun feature that lets bettors custom-create same-game parlays.
Bet99 is a sportsbook that has targeted the Canadian market as its primary audience. This is a fun operator with a lot to like. From cryptocurrency betting to contests and giveaways, Bet99 tries to stand out with some different features. They don’t lose sight of fun, either. They have a massive sportsbook with an array of markets, including a ton of player props.
Top Features: Boosted Odds, Cryptocurrency Deposits, Player Props.
Likes: Lots of Payment Options, Deep Sportsbook
Dislikes: No Mobile App
Welcome Bonus: 100% Matched Deposit on First Deposit Up to $500
Sports Coverage: Football, Soccer, Golf, Basketball
You Need to Try Their: Crypto Transactions. If you are a fan of these virtual currencies, Bet99 lets bettors deposit and withdraw with several crypto options.
Bwin is a betting site that has a huge amount to provide for bettors. For starters, they cover a massive amount of sports. Bwin has more than 30 sports to bet on their sportsbook, including niche options as well as all the classics. Bwin also has fun features and a color scheme that makes it pop. Bettors are going to find a lot to like about this new option.
Top Features: Parlay Generator, Virtuals, Live Betting
Likes: Deep Sportsbook, Parlay Experience
Dislikes: Website Can be Unintuitive
Welcome Bonus: 100% Matched Deposit Up to $200
Sports Coverage: Football, Baseball, Basketball, Golf
You Need to Try Their: Niche Sports. The Bwin sportsbook may cover more sports than any I’ve seen. Find tons of niche options here, from Biathlon and Handball to Alpine Skiing.
LeoVegas is an operator with around ten years of experience in the sports betting world. In that time, they’ve risen to become a highly popular sportsbook that bettors around the world utilize. LeoVegas stands out for several things, such as its mobile app, big welcome offer, and a large number of betting markets.
Top Features: Mobile App, Statistics, Novelty Bets
Likes: Deep Sportsbook, Mobile Experience
Dislikes: Plain-Looking Website
Welcome Bonus: Up to $1,000 and a $75 Free Bet
Sports Coverage: Hockey, Tennis, Golf, Baseball
You Need to Try Their: Novelty Bets. LeoVegas lets bettors place bets on a huge array of things ranging from politics to entertainment.
How MansionBet Chooses Betting Sites
There are more sportsbooks than ever entering the Canadian market; it can be hard to keep track of. So amongst such a vast selection of betting sites Canada, how do we choose which ones to review and discuss?
Our decisions are primarily guided by experience in the industry. We’ve been servicing bettors as a sportsbook for so many years now, and our opinions on what makes a sportsbook good for users have been formed by our time in this market. We want to help bettors find the best, most user-friendly operators around.
There are several different criteria we use to shape our opinions on operators. These criteria are the different aspects of a sportsbook, and we look at how they impact the user.
Below are some of the most important aspects MansionBet considers when considering the best Canadian sportsbooks.
- Markets: The different markets a sportsbook offers are a big part of what we look at. Having a large number of markets means bettors have a better selection and can pick the ones that they most want to engage with.
- Odds: Every sportsbook has different odds, with some offering more bettor-friendly odds than others. As an operator for many years, MansionBet knows odds. That’s why we compare and look over the odds bookmakers provide to ensure they’re competitive.
- Bonuses and Promotions: Bonuses and promotions are part of what keep bettors engaged and can sometimes offer exciting value. Every sportsbook has different offers and bonuses that rotate in and out. We look these over to ensure they are fun, can provide value, and don’t have stringent terms and conditions.
- Deposit Methods: Everyone likes to pay differently. Some prefer standard options like debit cards, while others want crypto transactions or e-wallets. We research the different methods a sportsbook has for depositing to ensure they have a good variety.
- Customer support: If you ever run into trouble with an operator, support is going to be extremely important. Problems can happen, but support is a way to help bettors move past these problems.
- Reputation, Trustworthiness & Reliability: If the operator you are using isn’t trustworthy and reliable, you could fall victim to hacks or scams. MansionBet will only include a sportsbook in our reviews if it is guaranteed trustworthy and safe.
- Apps and mobile: Just about everyone has a smartphone these days, and most people prefer to use their smartphones for betting. We look at whether betting sites accommodate mobile gambling or not. We consider both mobile apps and mobile-optimized websites.
- Sign-up process: Registering for a new sportsbook should be easy and fast. We’ll undergo the sign-up process for you to determine how user-friendly and effective it is. We then report back to you with details on what kind of information you’ll need.
- User experience: The user experience is one of the most important components of any sportsbook. For this, we look at how fun a sportsbook is, the features they have, how it is designed, and more. We focus on whether the sportsbook is user-friendly and engaging.
MansionBet Uses Our Years of Industry Experience to Analyze the Aspects of a Sportsbook That Matter Most
The MansionBet Ranking Process
The process of ranking sports betting sites requires looking at a huge number of different factors. The typical sportsbook is a big website with tons of different things that go into it. At MansonBet, we want to cover all angles of a website from the top down.
Here are some additional aspects of a sportsbook that play a major role in our ranking process.
- Betting Variety: All of the best sports betting Canada websites will have a large variety of betting options. Bettors crave variety and the freedom of choice, and we look to make sure sportsbooks offer that.
- Payout Speed: When bettors want their money from a sportsbook, they want it fast. Sportsbooks that pay out withdrawals quickly have happier customers, so we undergo the withdrawal process to see how long it takes.
- Key features: Features are the unique way of using an operator, and these are some of the most important things to consider. Every betting site has different features, so make sure the ones you use have the features you prefer.
- Security and Trust: Sportsbooks require bettors to input payment and personal information, which can be intimidating. Strict cybersecurity and a trusted operator are an absolute must with that in mind.
- Licensing: MansionBet was a licensed operator for years, so we know how important a license is. Licensing shows where a sportsbook is regulated and provides info on its legality. We check every license to make sure the sportsbook is trusted and legal.
- Software & Games: Most sportsbooks function as virtual casinos as well. These are powered by different software providers from around the world. We look at their casino games and ensure the software is fair and effective.
- Sports Coverage: Sports coverage is essentially what sports and leagues a betting site offer. Every operator has odds available for different sports and leagues, and our philosophy is the more, the better.
- Support Options: Each person has different communication preferences, so they’ll prefer different support options. Sportsbooks should have multiple support channels for users to pick from.
- Welcome Offers: The Welcome Offer is a big part of a sportsbook’s appeal. This is an offer used to entice new users and provide them with a bonus for depositing. We check out the welcome offers to ensure they provide value to gamblers.
- Website Design: Having a good-looking website is important. Sportsbooks should have a well-designed, easy-to-navigate website, and we check them out to ensure they look and function well.
Sportsbooks are Major Websites with a Lot to Cover. We Look Them Over from Top to Bottom to Ensure They’re High Quality.
Betting Sites and The Law in Canada
The gambling environment in Canada differs from province to province, but recent changes bode well for the industry. In 2021, Bill C-218 was passed, which gave provinces more freedom to legalize and regulate the sports betting industry. Ontario has been the first province to do this, and its iGaming branch now licenses and regulates sportsbooks in the province. Other provinces are likely to follow suit, as the Ontario government has already made hundreds of millions off legal betting.
Even if the sportsbook you are using isn’t iGaming regulated, there are still many operators you can use. Offshore betting sites serve as a legal gray area, meaning you are completely fine to use them and won’t get in any trouble. As well, the Kahnawake Gaming Commission is a Canadian tribe that regulates several different sportsbooks in Canada. It is safe and legal to use anything they regulate.
The development of legal sports betting in Canada is likely only going to continue. Ontario was the first to fully legalize and regulate, but it won’t be the last. As major new operators like BetMGM and PointsBet have entered the market, the rest of Canada will likely see an influx of new additions to their gambling industry. And we’ll be here to break it all down along the way.
The Sports Betting Industry is Changing Fast in Canada, with New Laws Opening the Floodgates. We’re Here to Keep You Covered and Informed.
Sports, Leagues, and Markets
MansionBet brought bettors action on the most popular sports in the world with competitive odds and an array of markets. This experience makes us uniquely positioned to understand the most important sports and markets that operators need to have available.
Sports coverage and markets are crucial components of any sports betting Canada operator. Sports coverage includes the sports and leagues that an operator will have available in their sportsbook. Markets and betting types are the unique things within the sport that bettors are placing bets on.
Every operator has different sports, markets, and betting types that they’ll support on their platform. Ensuring that the operator you are using covers the ones you care about is a must. Let’s look at some of the different primary sports, leagues, markets, and betting types that we believe are essential for an operator to carry.
Best Sports to Bet on in Canada
- NFL- Football Betting: The NFL is one of the most popular sports on the planet. Every Sunday, millions flock to their TVs to capture the biggest games. It is a must for sportsbooks to cover the NFL.
- NHL- Hockey Betting: Any sportsbook hoping to stand a chance in Canada is going to need to have NHL betting available. Canadians love their hockey, and NHL betting is a big deal.
- NBA – Basketball Betting: Basketball has grown in popularity following the Raptors’ legendary victory. Now, NBA is one of the most important leagues in the country, and bettors are all in.
- MLB – Baseball Betting: Baseball was popular in Canada long before the Blue Jays arrived and has only grown more popular since. The MLB is the biggest baseball league in the world, and Canadians love to wager on it.
- UFC Betting: UFC has become one of the most watched sports globally, as the excitement and danger make it perfect for bettors. Offering odds on UFC fights is important.
- Soccer Betting: MLS, EPL, UCL: Soccer is the most-watched sport on the planet. It is played everywhere around the world. Any operator worth it's salt will provide coverage of the different global leagues like the MLS, EPL, and UCL.
- Golf Betting: Golf is a sport that is ideal for betting. The slow pace and shifting leaderboard make it tense and fun, with massive payouts for bettors. A good sportsbook will cover the PGA events for bettors.
- Tennis Betting: Tennis is another sport bettors love. Watching talented athletes square off in a tight battle is always thrilling, and Canadians enjoy throwing down bets on the most significant tennis tournaments.
- NCAA Football: NCAA Football rivals the professional league for popularity. With great traditions, rising superstars, and exciting battles, this is a sport Canadian bettors can’t resist.
- NCAA Basketball: NCAA basketball is fun throughout the year but kicks into a different gear when March Madness begins. This is always an exciting time for bettors, and sportsbooks know how important NCAA basketball coverage is.
Betting Markets and Betting Types
- Moneyline: A Moneyline bet is a bet on the direct outcome of a game. If you pick a team on the Moneyline, you’ve picked them to win.
- Point Spread: The Point Spread is a line representing a projected score differential in favor of a team. For example, the spread could be Team A -7.5. Bettors would then bet for the spread, meaning Team A wins by 8+ points, or against it, meaning Team A wins by seven or fewer points or loses.
- Over/Under: The Over/Under is a line that represents the projected combined score in the game between both teams. Bettors pick the over, meaning the final score will exceed that amount or the under.
- Futures: Futures are long-term bets within a league. These aren’t settled straight away. These are things like who will win the Super Bowl, which player will earn the Golden Boot, who will win MVP, and so on.
- Parlay: A Parlay is a type of bet that ties multiple different bets into one. The odds multiply the more bets are tied in, but for the parlay to hit, every bet within it needs to cash.
- Single Game Betting: Single Game Betting is a bet that is placed on a single game. Before the recent legal changes, this type of betting wasn’t government regulated in Ontario.
FAQs about Sports Betting Markets
❓ Is There a Limit to How Many Selections I can Have in a Parlay?
❗ No! You can try and put as many selections in a parlay as you’d like, although some sportsbooks may glitch if you add too many. However, be warned, the more selections you add, the unlikelier you are to win.
❓ Which Market Gives Me the Highest Likelihood of Winning?
❗ There is no one market that gives you the highest chance to win. However, certain markets give you more margin for error than others. For example, if you bet an underdog team on the spread, even if they don’t win the game, you can still win your bet. That gives you more margin for error than a Moneyline bet on the same thing.
❓ Do All Sportsbooks Have the Same Markets?
❗ No. Every sportsbook will have different markets. The more markets an operator has, the better. Bettors typically prefer the Canadian betting sites that give them the broadest selection of options.
The Sports Covered and Markets Offered Are a Key Part of the Betting Experience. Find Out the Most Popular Options in Canada.
Odds are the language that sportsbooks speak. These are what tell you the probability that has been assigned to an event occurring and how much users can make from them if they do occur. At MansionBet, we don’t offer odds anymore, but we do understand them. We’ll explain some of the important things you need to understand about odds below.
There are three primary types of odds you’re going to see on the average Canadian betting sites online. These are American, Decimal, and Fractional odds.
These work on a + or – system. This number tells you how much you’d make if you bet $100 or how much you’d need to bet to make $100 respective. If something is +200, an $100 bet will earn you a $200 profit. If something is -200, you’d need to bet $200 to earn a $100 profit.
Decimal odds tell you how much you would make on a $1 bet. If the decimal odds say 4.0, a $1 bet will earn you your initial $1 back and $3 of profit.
Fractional odds show you how much you’d make from a bet as a fraction. For example, if you bet $1 on 10/1 odds, you’ll receive $10 plus your initial $1 stake.
Every sportsbook will have different odds offered. Some are more competitive than others. It always helps to look at different sportsbooks before making a bet so you can get the most competitive odds possible.
Odds Show Bettors the Projected Probability of an Event Occurring and How Much Bettors Can Make if They Do.
Betting Sites Bonuses and Promotions
Every sportsbook has a trick up its sleeve to entice users to bet with them. These are sports betting bonuses and promotions. Bonuses and promotions are the offers sportsbooks carry that provide some type of unique value or incentive to bettors. These can be any number of things. Some sportsbooks carry many of these offers, while others carry few.
Bonuses will often have a catchy selling point that reels bettors in. However, before you ever use a bonus, it is important that you read the terms and conditions. If a bonus seems too good to be true, chances are it is. The terms and conditions are where sportsbooks hide the rules that govern how a user can engage with the betting offer. Often, the terms will mitigate the value of an offer. Bettors should ensure they look these over carefully before deciding to use a bonus.
There are many different kinds of bonuses a bettor could expect to see on betting sites in Canada.
Let’s explore some of the most common ones you’ll see in a typical sportsbook:
- Welcome Bonus: The Welcome Bonus is an offer that sportsbooks use to get new users to sign up. This is a bonus bettors get for signing up and depositing with an operator. Typically, a Welcome Bonus will come in the form of a matched deposit of up to a certain amount. If a sportsbook has a matched deposit of 100% Up to $200, bettors could deposit $200 and receive an additional $200.
- Boosted Odds: Boosted Odds lie somewhere between a bonus and a feature, as some sportsbooks have daily boosted odds. How this works is that a sportsbook will take a certain line and boost the odds to be more favorable to bettors. For example, they could boost a +220 line to +300.
- Parlay Boosts: Parlay Boosts are when sportsbooks enhance bettors’ winnings on parlays. Typically, they’ll deploy a scale where the more legs there are in a parlay, the higher percentage they’ll boost the bettor’s winnings by.
- Free Bets: Free Bets are when an operator offers a risk-free bet to bettors. The winnings are paid in cash. Typically, these types of bonuses are limited to a sport or an event, and a bettor must make a bet of up to a certain amount to receive the free bet.
- VIP Programs: VIP Programs are found in sportsbooks and casinos across the web. VIP Programs reward bettors with points for every bet they make or win. Bettors can level up with the points they receive and earn cash or other prizes.
Bonuses are Designed to Catch Bettors’ Eyes but Always Monitor These Offers Carefully.
Banking with Canadian Betting Sites
We’ve told you about some of the best Canadian sportsbooks and all that they offer. But if you ever want to use these sportsbooks, you’re going to have to undergo the deposit and withdrawal process. This is something that makes a lot of bettors a little anxious. Providing your banking information to a website you aren’t fully familiar with can be nerve-wracking. But all the websites we recommend are licensed, safe, and have a reputation for protecting users.
There are a lot of options that the average sportsbook will give its users to deposit and withdraw into their account. Each method will have different perks that make them valuable to users and different downsides that may make some shy away. Before You Start Betting, You’re Going to Need to Bank with an Operator. Let Us Walk You Through That Process.
Let’s look at some of the most popular deposit methods that bettors enjoy and explore what they offer bettors.
Debit/Credit: Debit/credit cards are typically going to be how the average bettor deposits in their account. Most sportsbooks will only take MasterCard and Visa. These transactions are typically very fast and have a low minimum transaction amount. With some sportsbooks, the transactions are nearly instant, while with others, they’ll take around an hour.
Interac: Interac is something used only in Canada, but many international operators allow Canadians to both deposit and withdraw with Interac. Similar to debit and credit, these transactions are often very fast. Interac transactions are also probably the easiest, requiring the least amount of info from bettors.
Wire Transfer: A wire transfer transaction is one that not every bettor will want to choose for depositing. These transactions take quite a while, so for depositing, it can be annoying. However, wire transfers have a high maximum deposit amount. Also, most sportsbooks have wire transfers as their primary withdrawal option.
E-Wallet: E-wallets are a modern form of depositing and withdrawing. These include options like ecoPayz and iDebit. E-wallet transactions tend to be very fast because they don’t need to go through banking systems. However, be warned. Many sportsbooks won’t grant welcome bonuses to certain e-wallet transactions.
Cryptocurrency: Cryptocurrency has surged in popularity in recent years. More and more sportsbooks are allowing crypto deposits than ever before. Crypto transactions tend to be lightning-fast for withdrawals and deposits because it is decentralized. However, most sportsbooks don’t offer this payment method.
How to Make a Deposit on Betting Sites?
Depositing should be an easy and seamless process. Sportsbooks do their best to ensure that bettors can navigate this efficiently.
Before you deposit, consider your method. The things to consider are how fast you need the money, how much you have in each account, and the minimum and maximum transaction amounts for each method.
Let’s look at some quick steps to take to deposit on betting sites.
- Step One: Create an Account on the Operator of Your Choice and Click Deposit
- Step Two: Select the Deposit Method of Your Preference. Keep in Mind the Minimum and Maximum Amounts.
- Step Three: Select Amount and Input Your Information. Sportsbooks Will Require Different Info Depending on Your Deposit Method. This Can Include Card Numbers, CVV, and More.
- Step Four: Depending on Your Method, You Should Receive Your Money Quickly.
How to Withdraw From Betting Sites
Withdrawing is a slightly different process than depositing, with a couple of additional considerations. There are a few things to keep in mind here.
Firstly, with most withdrawal methods, it is going to take longer than a deposit. Typically, it will take several business days. This is normal, and you will still get your money.
Secondly, sportsbooks often require more information and verification for withdrawals than deposits. You may need to submit a picture of your government ID or proof of your mailing address. You also will need to include things like routing numbers, bank account numbers, and more for the typical withdrawal transaction.
Safe and Secure Betting Sites
The most important thing to consider with any operator is how safe and trustworthy they are. Using a sportsbook that isn’t considered safe and trustworthy is a serious risk to bettors. As a sportsbook that takes great pride in protecting our users and ensuring a fair gaming experience, MansionBet knows what it takes to be a trusted and secure operator. That’s why we put such an emphasis on this aspect of a sportsbook.
If you want to use a trusted sportsbook that can be relied upon, there are many Canadian betting sites that fit the bill. Let’s look at some of the criteria that define a safe and trusted operator.
Security: Bettors input a lot of personal information in sportsbooks, including payment details. That means security is imperative. Most operators will have high-level data encryption to protect data in transit. Some of the best operators will also have certifications from cybersecurity verification sites that show they have a high standard of security.
Legality and Licensing: Safety and security are constantly changing, but a big part of it is licensing. If a sportsbook is licensed by a trusted regulator, that means it must adhere to rigid security and fairness standards imposed by that regulator. iGaming is the most trustworthy regulator because it is run by the Ontario government, but Kahnawake Gaming Commission, Malta Gaming Authority, and several other offshore operators can also be just as relied on.
Differences Between the Provinces: The legal situation has shifted in Ontario, with betting becoming fully legal and regulated by the Ontario government. It looks like similar changes are coming in provinces, with Quebec, B.C, and Alberta soon to follow suit, with legal international single-game operators likely to enter.
FAQ about Legal Situation and Licensing
❓ Is Single-Game Betting Legal in Ontario?
❗ Yes! Single-Game Betting is now fully legal and regulated in Ontario, and a bunch of international operators have entered the market. This is a major change that has a wide-reaching industry impact.
❓ When Will Similar Changes Come to Other Provinces?
❗ Similar changes are likely just around the corner. While single-game betting has been legalized in many provinces, they haven’t opened the floodgates to let international operators in yet. There have been no announcements, but it could come any time.
❓ Can I Only Use iGaming Websites in Ontario?
❗ No, you can still use offshore operators in Ontario. However, if you want the best possible security, go with iGaming.
In a Rapidly Changing Sports Betting Canada Market, Safety Still Has to Come First.
New Betting Sites
There are more new Canadian betting sites entering the market every day, it feels like. Keeping up with all the new entrants to the market can feel like a tall task, but so many of these operators are bringing a lot to the table for bettors. Let's look at some of the most exciting new betting sites Canadians should be keeping an eye out for.
PointsBet: PointsBet is an operator that came to Canada from Australia. This sportsbook, founded in 2015, claims to be the fastest-growing betting site in Canada, and if that's the case, there's a good reason why. PointsBet has a deep sportsbook that covers all the different sports Canadians would seek out and more. They cover more than 20 sports. They also have one of the best sports betting apps you're going to find in the Canadian market. They are licensed by iGaming Ontario, which means great security. They have fun features like live betting and live streaming. They’re an overall standout that doesn’t have much missing.
BetMGM: BetMGM is the online extension of MGM Resorts International, the Las Vegas titan. BetMGM was launched in 2018 to capitalize on the sports betting craze and entered Canada in 2022 following the changes in Canadian laws. They are iGaming licensed and certified. BetMGM comes from a top-tier betting brand and has a lot to offer Canadians. From their impeccably designed sportsbook to their top-notch betting app, there's a lot for bettors to dig into here. They have fun features like live streaming and a parlay generator, and they have same-game parlay options. They are a welcome addition to the world of Canadian betting.
BetRivers.ca: BetRivers is a sportsbook that is entering Canada from the United States. It became a sportsbook in 2018 and entered Canada in 2022. Like most of the other new betting sites that have arrived in Ontario, they are iGaming licensed. There's a lot to like about BetRivers. Their website looks phenomenal, with an easy-to-navigate home page and customizable sportsbook settings. They have mobile apps available for both Android and iPhone users and features bettors will get a lot of enjoyment from. These include house specials betting offers, and live streaming. They have excellent coverage and are an overall standout sportsbook that will quickly become very popular here.
DraftKings: DraftKings is one of the most successful sportsbooks in the United States. They have nearly 1,000 employees and are a publically traded company. Founded in 2012, this operator entered Canada in 2022. DraftKings is iGaming Ontario licensed. They have a huge sportsbook that covers a massive number of sports and offers in-depth odds for all of them. They also have an excellent betting app that can be downloaded for iPhone or Android. Their key feature might be the Daily Fantasy option, which lets bettors pick daily football lineups and potentially win massive prizes. This may be a new addition to the list of Canadian sports betting sites, but it is emerging as a top pick of many Canadians.
Can I trust a new betting site?
Some bettors only feel comfortable betting with an established operator. While that is understandable, you can still definitely trust new betting sites. What is important is that you check their licensing and security to ensure they are safe and legitimate.
New betting sites can bring just as much to the table as older ones. They often have innovative features and can have big offers to try and stand out more to users. There’s a lot to be gained from trying new sportsbooks.
The Canadians Sports Betting World is Only Getting Bigger. Learn More About Some of the New Betting Sites Making a Splash in Canada.
Sports Betting Apps and Mobile Experience
More than 85% of the population has smartphones. People love their phones, and they use them for just about everything. That extends to sports betting. Bettors enjoy betting on the go, and smartphones allow them to do that. However, for bettors to enjoy sports betting from their phones, they’ll need their operators to provide a mobile option for them such as betting apps.
Sportsbooks tend to have one of several different ways for bettors to use their websites. The two primary options are a mobile-optimized website and a downloadable app. Below, we’ll explain what these options are and compare them to a standard desktop version of a website.
Desktop Betting Version
The desktop version of an operator is what you see when you google a sportsbook on your desktop or laptop. These are the standard versions of websites built for display on a computer. If a sportsbook only has a desktop site, it will not look right from your phone browser.
Mobile Betting - Mobile Optimized Website
A mobile-optimized website is a version of the sportsbook that is specifically designed to function well from a smartphone browser. These don’t require any download and contain all the same features that you’d find on the desktop version. They are just designed to look good on the mobile phone. Just about every major operator will have a mobile-optimized website.
Downloadable Betting App
A downloadable betting app is a mobile version of the sportsbook that can be downloaded directly from the App Store or Google Play Store. Not every operator has these. Apps can be directly downloaded and stored on the phone and include all the fun features and promos you’d expect. Some sportsbooks even have special promos specifically for mobile betting app users. You can deposit and withdraw through both apps and mobile-optimized sites.
Most Canadians Do Just About Everything from Their Phones. That Includes Sports Betting.
How to Start Betting?
We’ve given you a lot of different information on Canadian sports betting sites. While there’s much to digest, you’re probably feeling like you’re ready to get going. Before you get started, there are a few different things we need to explain. Below, we’ll break down a step-by-step guide to getting started, the features to keep an eye on, and some important betting tips.
How to Bet on Betting Sites?
- Step One: Create a Betting Account if You Haven’t Already. This is a Fast and Easy Process.
- Step Two: Deposit into the Account if You Haven’t Yet.
- Step Three: Select the Sport, League, and Game You Want to Bet on. Always Do Your Research Before Betting.
- Step Four: Pick the Market You Want to Bet on. Review Our List of Markets if Unfamiliar.
- Step Five: Enter Your Stake. Make Sure You are Staking an Amount You Can Be Comfortable Losing.
- Step Six: Click Place Bet and Enjoy!
Here are some of the key features that bettors should seek out in a sportsbook.
Live Betting: Live Betting is a way of betting where bettors can place bets on games that are already underway. Most sportsbooks will have live betting features that allow bettors to do this, with odds changing according to the direction the game is going.
Cash Out: The Cash Out feature is an option bettors have to exit a bet before it has finished. They can do this either with more money than they put in or less, depending on how their bet is performing. It is a way to ensure you receive some money from a bet.
Bet Builder: The Bet Builder feature is one that allows bettors to create customized parlays within a game and without. Bettors can add a huge array of odds into the odds and generate personalized bets that can have massive payouts.
Bet Boosts: Bet Boosts are a feature/promo that many sportsbooks do daily. They will take a certain market and change the odds to payout more to bettors, like bumping +120 to +175 for bettors.
Live Streaming: Live Streaming is when a sportsbook will enable users to watch sports live from their platform. Only larger platforms will have live streaming features, and the sports they stream are dependent on the platform. Some have baseball, soccer, esports, and more.
Mobile App: A mobile app is a downloadable version of a sportsbook that some operators provide. This is a mobile-friendly version that can be stored on your phone. Not every sportsbook has this feature, but many iGaming licensed operators do.
Betting Strategies and Betting Tips
As we’ve told you, MansionBet has been in the betting game for quite some time. Over that period, we’ve picked up a lot of insider knowledge on what works for bettors and what doesn’t. We’ve told you how to open an account and make a bet, but now, it’s time to give you some important tips and strategies that will help you win big on betting sites online.
Exercise Caution with Parlays:
There is a tendency a lot of bettors have to get carried away with parlays. It is natural; they are exciting and can have massive payouts. But the reason parlays can have such crazy payouts is that they are unlikely to ever hit. Bettors that make 12-legged parlay bets will rarely ever win. Parlays can still be a useful tool, with bettors looking to earn extra on bets that don’t have the payouts they desire. While crazy parlays can be fun to do occasionally, they shouldn’t be a primary part of your betting strategy.
Compare Odds Across Operators:
We’ve mentioned that every sportsbook has different odds. This can benefit bettors. If you find a bet you really like, let’s say at -125, before you place your bet, look at other sportsbooks' versions of the same bet. You will likely find at least one operator that offers slightly better odds, like -120. Bet with that bookie instead.
Hedge Your Bets:
Many bettors don’t like to hedge because they enjoy the thrill, but smart bettors hedge their bets. This means making a second bet against a first bet that guarantees you will secure some kind of profit. How much you choose to hedge is situation-dependent, but ensuring a win is a great strategy.
Practice Bankroll Management to Stay in the Game:
If you want your money to last in sports betting, you have got to be smart with it. Managing your bankroll is how you can stay betting. The general rule of thumb is that bettors shouldn’t move more than 5% of their bankroll on a single bet. A medium-sized bet should be around 2.5% of their bankroll.
Sports is a game of matchups. In every sport, there is a battle of strengths versus weaknesses. Knowing each team's strengths or weaknesses going into a matchup is how you can make savvy bets. There are tons of stats out there that will show you this. For example, if you are betting on a game where Team A is 1st in the league in three-pointers, and they’re playing Team B, who has struggled to defend threes, it might be a good game to bet the over on the three-point total.
Don’t Let Emotions Cloud Your Judgement:
Most fans are emotional about sports. It is hard not to be. However, all successful bettors are able to keep emotions out of their decision-making. For some bettors, this may mean avoiding placing bets on their favorite team because that is too personal of a decision. But most importantly, don’t chase your losses. That is an emotional decision that has been the downfall of many bettors, so be careful.
If You’re Feeling Ready to Get Started, There are Still a Couple Things More to Learn. Let’s Dive Into the Keys to Beginning Your Sports Betting Journey.
Betting Sites Customer Support
Sportsbooks are complicated websites with a lot of moving parts. Like anything else, they are not always perfect. There will likely come a time using an operator where you run into some glitches, technical difficulties, or general trouble. If this is the case, having good customer support features available can make all the difference in the world.
There are several different support options the average sportsbook might have. Let’s look at what these options are.
- Phone Line: A phone line is a contact option that some sportsbooks have. This allows users to make calls to the support staff and talk to a representative one-on-one.
- Email: An email is a contact option that is exactly what it sounds like. Bettors can send an email inquiry explaining their problem and hear a response from the sportsbook. This typically takes longer than the other support options.
- Live Chat: Live Chat is a support method where users can enter a chat window and message back and forth with a representative in real-time. It is a fast way to connect without the need to be on the phone.
- FAQ Page: An FAQ page is a part of a sportsbook where users can see a list of different questions and answers. Some sportsbooks only have around ten questions on their FAQ pages, while others have hundreds.
Customer support is a crucial part of an operator, and having an array of strong options lets users pick the one that works best for them.
There May Come a Time Where You Run into Issues with an Operator. Customer Support is How You Navigate These Issues.
Sports Betting FAQs
How does sports betting work?
It is very simple. Bettors sign up with an operator and choose the sport and game they want to bet on. They select the market they want to engage with and look at the odds. They then place a bet on those odds.
Is Sports Betting Legal in Canada?
Yes, it is! Sports betting has long been a legal gray area, but Bill C-218 ensured sports betting Canada is now fully legal and regulated. Ontario is the first province to put the new betting rules into action, but others will follow. Even without Ontario regulation, bettors can still use offshore betting sites.
What Betting Sites are Legal in Canada?
There are a number of legal betting sites in Canada, more than one could possibly name. We provide a list of some of these legal top Canadian betting sites on this page.
What is the best gambling site in Canada?
This is a question that is completely up to you. Every sportsbook has something different to offer. Some have better sports coverage or more fun features, while others have a better mobile experience or website design. It all depends on individual preference.
Can I bet online in Canada?
Yes! Online sports betting is legal in Canada for both single-game betting and parlay betting. The rules differ according to your province, but generally, the answer to this question is a yes.