There’s no question that the UFC is a truly international sports league. In fact, in 2022 alone, the UFC held a whopping 511 fights through 42 events hosted in 16 different cities across five countries and three continents. However, did you know that no country in the world showed more interest in UFC betting than Canada during that span? So, with Canada becoming a hotspot for betting on the UFC, we’re here to provide a detailed and honest breakdown of some of the best UFC betting sites available in the Great White North.
Best UFC Betting Sites in Canada
Best UFC Betting Sites
Top UFC Betting Sites - A Closer Look
- Easy to register
- Access to live betting
- Quick withdrawals
- Accepts cryptocurrency
- No mobile app
- No calling contact support
- Fees on bank transfers
🎖️ Features: Live betting, live streaming, cash out, bet builder, diverse betting markets.
💳 Deposit Methods: Visa Debit, MasterCard Debit, Visa Credit, MasterCard Credit, EcoPayz, Neteller, Skrill, Yandex, Qiwi, MuchBetter, PerfectMoney, AstroPay, Cash-to-Code, Interac, Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, Ripple, or Bank Transfer.
As a subsidiary of renowned Swedish gambling company Betsson, Betsafe has an established global reputation as one of the best sports betting and online gambling companies in the world.
- Two decades of worldwide gambling experience
- Wide variety of markets for MMA betting
- Live betting on various sports
- Unfriendly playthrough linked to welcome bonus
- Few ongoing promotions
- Limited banking options
🎖️ Features: Single game parlays, cash out, odds boosts, live streaming, live betting, player props
💳 Deposit Methods: Visa Debit, MasterCard Debit, Visa Credit, MasterCard Credit, Interac, Instant Banking, EcoPayz, Paysafecard, or MuchBetter.
One of the biggest and most well-established sportsbooks in the world with top-tier customer service, quick payouts and a multitude of betting options.
- Established Canadian sportsbook
- Vast amount of fun prop and futures bets
- Live betting on numerous markets
- Numerous banking options
- Below average customer support
- Rarely the first to open lines
- Unfriendly welcome bonus
🎖️ Features: Live betting, bet builders, parlay/teaser builders, requested prop bets, and early cash-out.
💳 Deposit Methods: Amex, Visa Debit, MasterCard Debit, Visa Credit, MasterCard Credit, Caixa, Itau, Banco de Brasil, Pix, Banrisul, Original, Safra, Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Tether USDT, Litecoin, Ethereum, Boleto, EcoPayz, AstroPay Card or Voucher.
Owned by Rush Street Interactive, BetRivers is one of the most reliable sportsbooks in Canada, offering a wide range of sports betting markets and online casino games.
- Award-winning mobile app
- Large selection of alternative lines and props
- Smooth live betting section
- Limits bettors on a heater
- Limited banking options
- Live chat not available 24/7
🎖️ Features: Live betting, live streaming, same-game parlays, early cash-out
💳 Deposit Methods: Visa Debit, MasterCard Debit, Visa Credit, MasterCard Credit, Discover, PayPal, PayNearMe, eCheck, BetRivers Play+ Card, or Online Banking.
A popular Canadian sportsbook that offers sharp betting lines, and generous promotions on multiple sports betting markets.
- Easy deposits and withdrawals
- 24/7 customer support
- Vast array of betting options
- No mobile app
- Few ongoing promotions or bonuses
- Limited banking options
🎖️ Features: Live betting, early cash-out, casino and poker.
💳 Deposit Methods: Visa Debit, MasterCard Debit, Visa Credit, MasterCard Credit, Interac, MuchBetter, PaySafeCard, Instant Banking, Wire Transfer or VIP Preferred e-Check.
A savvy Canadian sportsbook backed by generous promotional offers and a familiar layout created by Dench eGaming Solutions.
- Intuitive and easy-to-navigate interface
- Wide selection of prop bets
- Global sports coverage
- Slow to process withdrawals
- Limited same-game parlays
- No calling contact support
🎖️ Features: Live betting, live streaming, and casino.
💳 Deposit Methods: Visa Debit, MasterCard Debit, Visa Credit, MasterCard Credit, ecoPayz, InstaDebit, Flexepin, MuchBetter, iDebit, Interac, or CoinsPaid.
The official sportsbook brought to you by the award-winning 888.com that features countless markets on all of the most popular sports around the world.
- Renowned and trusted betting operator
- High wagering limits
- Top-notch customer service team
- Generous welcome bonus and ongoing promotions
- Three-day wait limit on withdrawals
- No live chat for general inquiries
- No loyalty program
🎖️ Features: Live betting, live streaming, early cash-out, poker, and casino.
💳 Deposit Methods: Visa Debit, MasterCard Debit, Visa Credit, MasterCard Credit, Diners Club International, PayPal, Skrill, Apple Pay, MuchBetter, Neteller, Entropay, WebMoney, iDebit, or Bank Transfer.
What to Look For in a UFC Betting Site?
With how much modern sportsbooks tend to prioritize leagues like the NBA, NFL, and NHL, it can be difficult finding the best UFC betting site in your area. This is why we’ve created this betting guide to help ease the entire process for you. To give you an idea of what to look for, here’s what makes a good UFC betting site:
- Competitive UFC betting odds
- Strong live betting options
- Top-tier customer service team
- Well-designed and easy-to-use interface (mobile or desktop)
- Wide selection of prop bets on UFC fights
MMA/UFC Betting Markets & Types of Bets
When first learning how to bet on UFC fights, one of the first things you are going to need to learn is the different types of UFC bets and betting markets. Without further ado, let’s review some of the most popular UFC betting markets:
- Moneyline - A moneyline bet is the most straightforward type of bet sportsbooks offer, as you simply need to pick who you think will win the fight.
- Over/Under - Various UFC betting apps and sites offer over/under wagers in which you would need to guess the total number of rounds it will take to finish the match.
- Method of Victory - Instead of guessing how long a fight will last, this bet type tasks you with trying to predict how a fight will end (KO, TKO, submission, draw).
- Round Betting - Most sportsbooks also offer round betting, in which you would wager on which fighter will win the match and in which round.
- Distance - Similarly, with distance bets, you would need to wager on whether or not the fighter will go the distance.
- Alternate Bets - Alternate bets are designed to provide you with more wagering options. For example, instead of just picking the fighter to win by KO or decision, you can wager on both options. The odds won’t be as rewarding but your chances of winning will skyrocket.
- Parlay Bets - Parlay bets are when you wager two or more UFC bets into one. This could be on two different fights or in the exact same match, but all of your bets need to hit for you to win the parlay. This is a good option if there are multiple fights you want to bet on in the same card.
UFC Betting Odds Explained
These UFC betting tips mean next to nothing if you aren’t knowledgeable as to how UFC betting odds actually work. Here is a quick breakdown of how UFC betting odds work.
UFC betting odds are designed to show the probability of likelihood of one particular outcome happening in any event. To determine the odds, bookmakers consider factors like previous performances, current form, and key injuries.
However, betting odds and lines change constantly depending on which direction the public is leaning as well. Depending on which way the odds sway, they act as indicators as to whether or not a bet is worth making. As bettors can use the odds to calculate their probability of winning and how much the payout will be.
With that said, how the odds are formatted will depend on the type of odds you are using when UFC betting online. Generally speaking, there are three types of odds formats: decimal, fractional, and American. Most Canadians stick to decimal odds as they are the easiest to understand since the odds will essentially be your payout for every unit you wager (betting on odds of 1.32 will net you $1.32 for every $1 you spend).
American odds are extremely popular as well but are a little more confusing. Instead of decimals or fractions, American odds use a plus and minus symbol to indicate who is the underdog (+) and who is the favourite (-). The positive number represents how much you would stand to profit if you were to wager $100 on the underdog, while the negative number indicates what you would need to bet on the favourite in order to win $100.
When it comes to MMA betting sites that offer enhanced odds on the UFC, stick to one of the following:
- Caesars Sportsbook
- FanDuel Sportsbook
- Sports Interaction
UFC Betting Apps 📱
With the rapid advancement of technology, many operators are coming up with apps to enhance the overall betting experience. Ultimately allowing users to wager on their favourite sporting events from the comfort of their own homes or on the go. As a result, it’s important to know what to look for in a UFC betting app and which sportsbooks offer the most features.
When shopping around for a UFC betting app, here are some things you should consider:
- Is the app attractive and easy to use? - Any mobile app should be easy to navigate and enjoyable to use. This means it should not only be aesthetically pleasing but also seamless to operate even for the most inexperienced of users. Are the menus easy to find? Is the interface itself intuitive? Is it difficult to find the markets you want?
- Does the app offer quality live streaming? - Being able to wager on live events while you watch them in real-time is incredibly important. It allows you to take what you see and apply it to your bets as the match ensues, adding a whole new dimension to your betting experience.
- Responsive in-play live betting - Similarly, you want to find a UFC betting app that responds well to live betting scenarios. Even the tiniest delay can result in a massive swing in (or against) your favour, and the last thing you want to deal with is being misinformed due to a technological error or glitch.
- Security - Much like any online betting site, you want to make sure that the sportsbook app you choose offers strong levels of security through your mobile device. Such as account verification, privacy policies, data encryption, and data protection policies.
Best UFC Betting Apps
These are a few of the most renowned sportsbook apps for betting on the UFC:
- Draftkings – A market leader that offers an impressive loyalty program and comprehensive coverage of DFS and sports markets.
- Fanduel - An innovative sportsbook that provides more attractive odds on UFC events and various promotional offers.
- BetMGM - A strong competitor with outstanding live betting features, in-game statistics and daily boosted odds.
- Pointsbet - A relatively new operator that offers daily payout boosts, live streaming options, and live parlay bets.
- 888sport - A reputable and trusted operator with good live streaming and live betting options.
How to Bet on UFC in Canada? 🥊
Now that we’ve broken down some of the better MMA betting sites, it’s time to jump into all of the action and place your very first UFC bet. To bet on the UFC in Canada, you will need to follow these steps:
- Pick a sportsbook - From our list of operators, choose a regulated bookmaker that offers the most features that you can personally benefit from. There are pros and cons to each sportsbook (as highlighted today), so you will need to assess what you value most and make an educated decision.
- Sign-up with said sportsbook - The process of registering for a sportsbook is quite easy and similar to signing up for any other website. They will ask for personal information like your full name, date of birth, email, phone number and mailing address. Some may require you to verify your identity by submitting a copy of your government ID or a utility bill of some sort..
- Make a deposit - Once you have registered with the sportsbook of your choice, the next step is to deposit money into your betting account. As noted above, many of the popular sportsbooks offer conventional payment methods like debit/credit, bank transfers, or checks and some even accept cryptocurrency as well. Although, it’s important to keep in mind that some sites will vary in regard to how long it will take before the funds are received or verified. Also, each sportsbook has a welcome bonus but some will expire if you don’t deposit the money within a certain timeframe
- Place your bets - Now, the hard part is over and the fun can commence! Once the money has been deposited into your account, you can officially start placing wagers on your favourite UFC fighters.
UFC Betting Strategy
The truth is that there is no single strategy that can guarantee your success as a UFC bettor. However, there are a few UFC betting tips we can offer to improve your chances.
- Stay up-to-date with the MMA - As with any sport, the number one thing you can do is stay informed about what’s going on around the league. With how much media attention there is circulating around the UFC, it is vital that you don’t miss out on any news surrounding upcoming fights as this could have a dramatic effect on your UFC bets.
- Bet on the younger fighter - In most other sports, experience reigns supreme and this cannot be overstated. However, in more physical sports like MMA, the explosiveness and fiery nature of younger fighters generally pay off. In fact, since 2020, the younger fighter has won 62% of UFC fights, and when fighters are five or more years apart in age, the younger fighter has won 61% of the time.
- Bet on the better striker - Striking matters more than any other statistic in MMA and this is extremely important to consider when placing a bet. To give you an idea, the better striker has seen a 64% win rate in the UFC since 2020. Some stats to account for include strikes landed per minute, striking accuracy, and strikes absorbed per minute.
Can I Legally Bet on UFC in Canada?
Yes, it is legal to bet on the UFC so long as you reside in a Canadian province where it is legal. To date, online and retail sports betting is legal in every province except for Nunavut, Yukon and Northwest Territories, where only retail sports betting is accepted.
The massive influx of sportsbooks in Canada came about as a result of the royal assent of Bill C-218, the Safe and Regulated Sports Betting Act. Two months later, on August 27, 2021, Canada lifted its federal ban on single-game sports betting.
Prior to this point, the only way for people to bet on sports was through parlay bets and parimutuel betting, which were both only available through each province’s lottery system. Now, anybody from Newfoundland to B.C. can legally bet on any sport through a variety of registered bookmakers.
What UFC bets pay the most?
The best way to make money in UFC betting is by line shopping. However, outside of just searching for the best odds, another great way to win a lot of money is by parlaying your bets. For example, you could parlay an underdog you’re high on with a favourite you know is going to win and get paid almost double what you would have had you just bet the underdog.
Can I bet between rounds in UFC?
That depends on the UFC betting site you are using, as not all registered bookmakers allow in-between round betting. Although, if it is offered, then it presents a fantastic way to take advantage of the ebbs and flows of a match and earn some money.
Are all MMA betting sites safe to use?
Unfortunately, there are a lot of scams out there, even in the sports betting world. Even if a sportsbook site or app looks legit, you need to make sure that it is regulated by the gaming commission in your area. If it is not a registered sportsbook, then chances are they are just looking to steal your money.
Where can I bet on UFC?
You can sign-up and bet with any registered bookmaker mentioned in this article. Outside of those mentioned here, there are also numerous other bookmakers that are safe and reliable when it comes to UFC betting.
Which are the requirements to bet?
Any sportsbook worth its weight will require you to be of the legal age to bet in your region, which is almost always 18. Additionally, they will require you to verify that you are fit to play, meaning sober and of a stable mind, and that you are indeed located in a place where sports betting is legal. Most sportsbooks have begun to crack down on VPNs and other ways of masking your location, so you need to make sure you are actually located in a region of the world where it is legal before you can place a bet.
- Canadian Betting Sites
- Best UFC Betting Sites in Canada