Even the best golfers in the world rely on expert advice for each shot they make, so look at us as your caddy for online golf betting. We provide the best golf betting tips and strategies and make things easy for you by ranking the top Canadian betting sites and the best sportsbook bonuses the sport has to offer.
Best Golf Betting Sites in Canada
Best Golf Betting Sites
Betting on Golf has increased in popularity significantly over the past few years. The Covid-19 pandemic resulted in a massive growth in popularity with golf being one of the few accepted activities with social distancing restrictions.
Golf betting sees the most action during the sports four major tournaments held annually. These prestigious events are spread out over four months from April-July and feature the top golfers in the world. The Masters, the PGA Championship, and the U.S. open all take places within the United States while the Open Championship is held in the United Kingdom.
This page is tailored to golf fans looking to enter the betting space for the first time, highlighting the best golf betting tips, going over golf betting odds, and providing instructions on how to sign up for the top golf betting sites in Canada.
How We Rate and Review Golf Betting Sites
We have a dedicated team of experts that rank our top sportsbooks. Here are the top factors they considered for the best golf betting sites.
- Golf coverage - One of the most important factors when choosing a sportsbook is the amount of betting options available to you. We understand it can be frustrating searching for a specific bet and realizing your sportsbook does not provide the option. This is why we value sites with the most golf betting markets available highly on our list.
- Golf promotions and bonuses - Promotions and bonuses offered by your sportsbook are something we recommend taking advantage of. Welcome bonuses are no secret and are great to use up while they last, but bonuses offered to existing customers are not always advertised. Some companies are much more generous than others, and this is something we factor into our ranking process.
- Banking options - You should never feel stressed about transferring money to and from your favourite sportsbook. We value companies that provide a large amount of payment options and process deposits and withdrawal requests quickly.
- Customer service - Issues are bound to happen in any industry and having a 24/7 customer service team at your disposal is a great feeling when dealing with money. The best sportsbooks provide live chat support, a phone line, and email services.
- User experience - Placing sports bets should be an enjoyable pastime and never feel like a second job. For this reason, we value sportsbooks that are easy to navigate, update odds quickly, and offer mobile apps to easily place bets on the go.
Top Golf Betting Sites
Here is our list of the top golf betting sites available in Canada.
One of the longest standing and most trusted betting brands in Canada, Sports Interaction (SIA) is a solid sportsbook that has recently made more efforts to adapt to the rapidly growing industry. They just introduced a mobile app but still lack behind their top competitors in some areas such as available prop bets.
SIA has an excellent golf betting selection, with options to wager on head-to-head matchups, group matchups, top players from each country, and much more. You can wager on the PGA, European tour, LPGA, Korn Ferry tour, and all major tournaments.
- Strength - SIA prides itself on being a Canadian brand, and they uphold the kind Canadian reputation with their customer support team. Their help center provides answers to commonly asked questions, a 24/7 live chat, email support, and phone support.
- Features - Some of the top features at SIA include live betting, cash outs, and parlays.
- Apps - SIA just introduced a mobile app this year. It has a solid overall design very similar to their website.
- Deposit methods - Some deposit methods at SIA include Interac, Visa, Mastercard, ecoPayz, iDebit, InstaDebit, MuchBetter, echeck, and paysafecard.
One of the top sportsbooks both in Canada and worldwide, Betway has a well-designed interphase and all the main features you are look for in a sportsbook.
Betway has a solid golf betting selection with options to wager on most PGA events. There options are more limited that other websites overall, but customers can bet on nationality leaders, top 20 finishers, first round leaders, etc.
- Strength - Betway’s biggest strength is their well-designed interphase. Navigating between different sports and betting markets is as simple as it comes, with quick load times and odds updated by the second.
- Features - Betway has all the features we have come to expect including bet builder, live betting, cash-outs, and a strong market that includes futures and player props.
- Apps - Betways app is a simpleydesigned easy to navigate service available to both Apple and Android users.
- Deposit methods - Some deposit methods at Betway include Interac, Visa, Mastercard, ecoPayz, iDebit, InstaDebit, Neosurf, MuchBetter, echeck, and paysafecard.
A sportsbook still relatively new to the industry, Bet99 has quickly emerged as one of the top Canadian betting companies.
Bet99 has an excellent golf betting selection, organized by both men’s and women’s markets. You can wager on all PGA events including the PGA tour world money list. For each tournament you can bet on top country finishers, group winners, and set head-to-head matchups.
- Strength - Bet99 has some of the best promotions you will find in the industry. They change their offers frequently, providing daily odds boosts, parlay bonuses, giveaways, and bonus bets.
- Features - Bet99 provides in play betting, bet builder, and cash out features on top of a strong overall betting selection that includes futures and player props.
- Apps - Bet99 does not have an app available to download on a mobile store, but they have designed a webpage that is mobile compatible with a similar feel to an app. The page is designed similarly to the website with all the same features.
- Deposit methods - Interac, Visa, Mastercard, MuchBetter, InstaDebit, and iDebit are all accepted payment methods at Bet99.
LeoVegas is well known for its casino offerings and has operated as a sportsbook since 2016, quickly emerging as one of the top options for Canadians.
LeoVegas offers a solid overall selection for golf betting, with options to bet on PGA events, LPGA events, Majors, and team events. You can wager on groups, top 30 finishers, players to make the cut, and top finishers based on nationality.
- Strength - One of the best features LeoVegas offers is its live streaming service. To view the stream, you must place a qualifying bet on the event.
- Features - LeoVegas offers Bet Builder, live betting, cash outs, and live streaming.
- Apps - LeoVegas’ app is an award-winning service available to both IOS and Android users.
- Deposit methods - Interac, Visa, Mastercard, MuchBetter, iDebit, Instadebit, and paysafecard are all accepted payment methods at LeoVegas.
Is It Legal to Bet on Golf in Canada?
Betting on golf in completely legal throughout all of Canada’s ten provinces and three territories. Sports betting has been legal in the country since 1985, but only through parlay wagering. Single game sports betting was first introduced in 2021 and Nova Scotia was the final province to follow suit on Feb.11, 2022.
How to Sign Up for A Golf Betting Site?
- If your Sportsbook of choice offers a welcome bonus, locate the welcome promotion and click sign up.
- Follow the instructions to create an account by filling out your personal information. To obtain the bonus, some sportsbooks may require a promo code.
- Most promotions have a minimum deposit that you need to make. Click Deposit and select your preferred payment method.
- Choose your preferred payment method, enter the required banking information, and select the amount you wish to deposit.
- You should receive and email confirmation of your deposit and notice your account balance updated accordingly.
- Choose the market you wish to wager on and place your first online golf bet!
Here are some tips our experts have provided when signing up for one of our top golf betting sportsbooks:
- Take advantage of the welcome bonus - We recommend always reading the terms and conditions to fully understand the requirements you need to complete to receive the bonus. There is often no downside to obtaining the bonus offer while signing up, however, the requirements may not be worth completing.
- Save your banking information – we recommend choosing your preferred payment methods and linking to your account at the start to avoid entering in information each time you need to make a deposit or withdrawal.
- Enter valid current information – some sportsbooks will require verification through officially documentation, so make sure the personal information you enter when signing up is up to date.
Best Golf Betting Promotions and Bonuses
Here is a list of the most common sports betting promotions you will find throughout the industry.
- Welcome bonus - One of the most advertised bonuses in the betting industry is a sportsbooks welcome offer. This can come in many different forms including a 100% deposit match up to a certain amount, or a minimum deposit requirement to receive bet credits.
These bonuses often look enticing, but we highly recommend reading the terms and conditions to truly understand the requirements needed to obtain the offer. Oftentimes, you will need to complete playthrough requirements on the bonus before you can withdraw your winnings.
- Free bets - Free bets are occasionally offered during large sporting events such as the Masters. Sportsbooks may hand out $5 in bet credits for you to wager on the winner of the tournament. These types of offers are one of the best in the industry since there is no downside to opting in.
- Odds boosts - Sportsbooks will provide more favourable odds on a specific bet to entice their customers to spend money. You will receive a much larger payout than you normally would on the wager, but you are placing a bet someone else came up with. If you don’t believe in it, don’t feel bad about staying away despite the favourable price.
- Risk free bets - These are bets that we highly recommend taking advantage of. If the wager you place is unsuccessful, you will receive your stake back in bet credits that can be used all together on one more wager. Essentially you are getting two shots to win with the money you choose to risk. There will be a maximum wager set for the promotion.
How to Bet on Golf?
This section is dedicated to helping you gain a complete understanding of the golf betting world. We go over the most popular wagers, the best betting features to take advantage of, betting strategies, trends, and rules.
Markets, Betting Types and Odds
Here are some of the most common wagers to look for on your sportsbook for golf betting.
- Outright winner - One of the most basic wagers available, this is simply choosing which player will win the tournament. This can be a bit of a long shot, but the profits are excellent if you win. A great strategy is placing small amounts on multiple different players to win to increase your odds.
- Top finisher based on nationality - This narrows down the field and groups players based on their nationality to increase your odds of correctly choosing the highest scorer.
- Placement - You can predict how well you believe a player will finish, with payouts increasing the higher you go. This includes wagering on a player to finish top 5, top 10, top, 20, top 40, etc., and the options available will vary based on your sportsbook. You can also wager on a player to make the cut for the weekend or not, which is generally around half of the field.
- Tournament matchups - Sportsbooks will place golfers head-to-head and provide odds for one to finish with a higher overall score than the other. This is very similar to the moneyline in major sports such as hockey.
- Group Winners - Sportsbooks will place golfers in groups of 5-6 or groups of 3 (tournament 3-balls) and provide odds for each golfer to finish with the highest overall score of the group.
- Prop Bets - These are generally more light-hearted wagers, such as predictions on hole-in-ones or outcomes for a specific hole.
Best Golf Betting Sites Features
When you are searching for the top golf sportsbooks, here are some of the best features in the industry to look out for.
- Live betting - The ability to place bets after the game has begun has turned into an industry standard and made the number of opportunities to bet on a single event seem endless. Take advantage of this and find more favourable odds during the event based on results that have already occurred.
- Live streaming - This is rare to find in the betting industry but the ability to live stream the game on your sportsbook is arguably the most valuable feature available. Some companies will require you to wager on the event, but others will only require you to maintain a minimum balance. You can earn money while betting on the event and save money on expensive streaming services in the process.
- Cashout - Cashing out is not always the most optimal decision in the betting space, but it is a great feature to have nonetheless. The ability to accept a small loss or small gain when things start to go south is a great feeling and can save you money in the long run if you play your cards right.
Golf Betting Tips & Strategy
Betting optimally is a learning process that can take years for some people to fully grasp. Luckily for you, our experts have put together a list of strategies for you to implement right away to help speed up the process.
- Search for the best price - You aren’t limited to betting on one sportsbook so utilizing multiple books and searching for the best price on your specific bet is a great way to increase your profits significantly in the long run.
- Bet based on odds - Just betting on the most favourable outcome every time won’t make you money in the betting world long term. We recommend placing bets at odds you believe are favourable based on how likely the outcome is to occur.
- Take advantage of live betting - Live betting is a great feature for sports bettors to take advantage of. Odds change by the second based on outcomes of the round, meaning you can obtain more favourable odds if a golfer you believe in has a poor start.
- Take weather and course conditions into account - Some golfers perform better than other historically under specific conditions (Dry greens, high winds, wet grass, etc.). This is something we recommend researching and factoring in before placing your bet.
- Pay attention to injuries - It’s important to look at recent performances and weigh that heavily into your betting decisions, but context is everything. If a player has been playing well but battling through an injury in the process, that could come back to bite them eventually. Paying attention to injury reports is a great way to narrow the field when placing bets.
- Take small wins - Placing safe bets might be boring, but winning something is better than nothing and this strategy will make you more money in the long run. Not being greedy and accepting small wins is one of the most important skills to learn as a sports bettor.
- Track your betting record - This well give you a better understanding of what worked in the past and help you learn from your mistakes.
Golf Betting Trends
Analyzing trends is an incredibly important skill in the golf betting world. Golf is a game of rhythm and precision and even the best players in the world can go through significant ups and downs. Betting on players who have been playing well in recent tournaments and avoiding struggling stars is one of the most basic trends you can follow.
Another important trend to analyze is how players preform at a specific course, or specific type of course. Each course is unique and better tailored toward certain types of players. Longer courses generally favour players who hit the ball further off the tee, but narrow course with limited room for error tend to hurt these types of players.
Golf Betting Rules
Rules will vary based on your specific sportsbook, so make sure to read through the golf betting terms and conditions before placing a wager.
Some general rules that will apply to most sportsbooks are:
- Bets will stand once the player has teed off.
- If a golfer withdraws before the tournament, all associated bets will be deemed void.
Top Annual Golf Tournaments and Associations
Here are three of the top golf associations in the world available to bet on.
The most prestigious golf tour in the world, the PGA consists of 44 regular season FedExCup tournaments for the 2022-23 season. Qualified members of the tour compet for season long ranking points and a spot in the FedExCup playoffs – three events total that conclude with one tournament to crown a champion.
The most prestigious tour in Europe, who partnered with the PGA in 2020. The PGA gained a 40% share in the tour in response to LIV Golf.
The women’s version of the PGA that has their own group of annual majors including the Chevron Championship, U.S. Women's Open, Women's PGA Championship, Women's British Open, and the Evian Championship.
Here are the four major golf tournaments, considered to be the most prestigious events the sport has to offer.
The first of four major tournaments taking place from April 11-14, 2024. The top golfers in the world compete for the illustrious green jacket at Augusta National Golf Club.
The PGA Championship
Known for its tough playing conditions with thick roughs and hard greens, the next PGA Championship is set to take place May 13-19, 2024, at Valhalla Golf Club in Louisville, Kentucky.
The U.S. Open
The location varies each year within the United States, but this year’s U.S Open will be held from June 15-18 at Los Angeles Country Club in Los Angeles, California.
The Open Championship
Formerly known as the British Open, the tournament always takes place somewhere within the United Kingdom. It will be held from July 20-23 at Royal Liverpool in Liverpool, England this year.
Is it legal to bet on Golf in Canada?
Betting on golf in completely legal throughout all of Canada’s ten provinces and three territories.
What are the four major tournaments in golf?
The Masters, the PGA Championship, the U.S. Open, and the Open Championship are considered the four majors of golf. Winning all four once in your career is known as a Grand Slam.
What is the biggest gold tournament in Canada?
The RBC Canadian open takes place annually. In 2023 it will take place from Jun 6-11 at Oakdale Golf & Country Club in Toronto, Canada.
What are the three most prestigious golf tours in the world?
The PGA tour, the European tour, and the LPGA tour are the top three golf organizations in the world. LIV golf has also developed into one of the top tours within a year’s time and just recently partnered with the PGA and European tour.
What are some of the most common golf wagers?
Outright winners, top finishers based on nationality, overall placement, tournament matchups, group winners, and prop bets are some of the most popular golf bets available.
Who are the top Canadian golfers in the world?
Corey Connors is currently the top ranked Canadian golfer followed by, Adam Svensson, Mackenzie Hughes, Nick Taylor, and Adam Hadwin. Brooke Henderson is the top Canadian female golfer and Mike Weir is highly regarded as the best Canadian golfer of all time winning the countries only major championship.
- Canadian Betting Sites
- Best Golf Betting Sites