From the moment I began writing a BetGoodwin review and landed on the homepage, it was clear that horse racing was a priority there. The first ‘o’ in ‘Goodwin’ resembles the red circle of a racing post, and the imagery plastered across the website confirms this. Is BetGoodwin a sportsbook which can charge ahead of the pack, or is it merely an also-ran?
Betgoodwin Review 2023
BetGoodwin Sport Types
- Horse Racing
- Massive on horse racing
- Generous special offers
- Solid in-play section
- User-friendly layout
- Betting Variety4.6
- Banking Options4.5
- Mobile Experience4.6
- Betting Experience4.5
- Customer Support4.6
Betgoodwin Full Review
|Website: Betgoodwin.co.uk||Company: BetGoodwin|
|Year founded: 1997||License & regulation: UKGC|
|Contact information: 4 Kingfisher Ct, Bellbrook Industrial Estate, Uckfield TN22 1QQ||Sponsorship Deals: N/A|
|Address/Headquarters: : 4 Kingfisher Ct, Bellbrook Industrial Estate, Uckfield TN22 1QQ||Contact information/Support: Live chat, email|
|Payment Methods: Visa, Maestro, Skrill, Neteller||Features: In-play betting, money-back promotions, live chat, customizable odds formats|
|Apps Devices: Android and iOS.||Casino Providers: Goodwin Racing|
BetGoodwin Strengths and Weaknesses
Even the best betting sites have their pros and cons, as none of them are perfect. While conducting a review of BetGoodwin, I noted the main strengths and weaknesses of the site from a player’s perspective.
✔️ BetGoodwin Strengths
- Horse racing markets: Horse racing is the number one priority at Goodwin. Review any page and you’ll see why; they cover all the biggest races and offer very competitive odds.
- High-value promotions: The sign up offer at BetGoodwin is pretty unique, and so are the bonuses for existing players.
- Simple layout: This could be seen as a pro or a con, but I personally loved the simplistic layout. I found it much easier to navigate than some of the new betting sites.
❌ BetGoodwin Weaknesses
- Sports betting only: I’d heard rumours about a BetGoodwin casino, so it was disappointing to see that the site only has a BetGoodwin sportsbook.
- No phone number: Although I personally enjoy live chat, I know many of you like having the option to speak to a customer support member over the phone.
- Glitches: Something we see too often at MansionBet is sportsbooks like BetGoodwin which have unresponsive buttons. Some simple maintenance could fix this quickly.
There are several things which could be improved to make a more competitive sportsbooks of BetGoodwin (including a casino). However, I did not find the weaknesses to be enough of a drawback to ruin my time at the sportsbook. BetGoodwin is an impressive betting site which I would recommend, especially if you regularly bet on horse racing.
BetGoodwin Promotions & Bonuses
From the start of my BetGoodwin review I had lofty expectations, as I’d heard a lot of good things about the company. I’d heard they had over 20 years’ experience, were fanatical about horse racing, and had some top offers to boot.
The BetGoodwin welcome offer really met this criteria. Instead of trying to lure me in with flashy sums, this was a no-nonsense cashback offer for your first day of racing. In my opinion, that represents a more realistic chance of seeing spendable cash going back into your account than you would find on most betting apps and sites where the welcome bonus has significant wagering requirements.
BetGoodwin horse racing lives up to its reputation, from the odds to the imagery to the horse racing-focused promotions. There are plenty of other sports as well – although there’s no casino at BetGoodwin, contrary to what I’d heard prior to my BetGoodwin review.
📢 BetGoodwin's horse racing coverage is exceptional
Wide and varied markets keep things entertaining, odds are highly competitive across the board, and the simple things are always done right. This is the experience of 20+ years paying off, and it filters all the way through your experience at the site – right down to BetGoodwin withdrawal times.
There’s no way to phone the team but there is live chat, which is a personal preference of mine. And BetGoodwin also have their own betting app, which is available on both iPhone and Android devices.
Bonuses & Offers ⭐⭐⭐⭐
The bonuses on offer are very unique and can deliver genuine value, but they are quite horse racing-centric.
Betting Variety ⭐⭐⭐
There are plenty of sports but the emphasis is firmly on horse racing. There’s also no BetGoodwin casino.
Banking Options ⭐⭐⭐
Although the available banking options are speedy and should suffice for most players, I’d like to see a bit more variety.
Mobile experience ⭐⭐⭐⭐
I tested the betting app on my iOS device and it worked well, with quick response times and an easy-to-navigate layout.
Payout Speed ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
This is one of the strongest aspects of the site, as the BetGoodwin withdrawal times were excellent at the time of my BetGoodwin review.
You can’t accrue over 20 years in this industry without getting the basics right. BetGoodwin is a very safe site to use, ideal for players who like to keep money in their accounts rather than withdrawing it all every time they play.
Software & Games ⭐⭐⭐
I was impressed with what there was at BetGoodwin, but it has to be said that there isn’t a massive choice when it comes to games and software. This would be significantly boosted if BetGoodwin added a casino.
Betting Experience ⭐⭐⭐⭐
My overall experience was top notch. I really liked the simple layout and the black and white colour scheme, both of which made using the BetGoodwin sportsbook very straightforward.
Customer Support ⭐⭐⭐⭐
I tested the customer support with some intentionally tough questions as part of my BetGoodwin review and they passed with flying colours. If you don’t like live chat or email you’re a bit stuck, but most players are comfortable with these options.
Is BetGoodwin legal in the UK?
If you’re worrying about the legality of betting at BetGoodwin, you don’t need to. The site is fully licensed in the UK by the UKGC – one of the most respected gambling licenses available in the world. The bookies also has over 20 years’ experience with players in the UK, so you’re in safe hands.
BetGoodwin Welcome Package
For many of you, a site’s welcome package will be the defining factor which convinces you to sign up. Whilst this shouldn’t be the only thing you consider, it is true that a solid sign up bonus can really boost your experience at an online bookies – at least in the short term.
BetGoodwin certainly has one of the more unique welcome bonuses around, so if that’s something which interests you you’ll want to check it out.
BetGoodwin Welcome Bonus
50% back as a free bet up to £25 on first day losses
This is a very different bonus to the typical ones you’ll find at other betting sites. It might not sound incredibly appealing, as only losing players will benefit, but this kind of safety net offers genuine value and shouldn’t be overlooked.
How to claim BetGoodwin Welcome Bonus
Continuing their form of doing things their own way, you might not actually see this offer being advertised on the site. Follow the steps below to access it:
- Follow the links provided on this page
- Click ‘Join’ and fill out your details
- Place qualifying bets and, if you lose, receive 50% back as a free bet up to £25
BetGoodwin Welcome Bonus Terms and Conditions
To qualify for the offer, you’ll naturally have to bet on horse racing. In total, you’ll have to place at least three bets of £10, each at odds of evens or above. This all has to be done on your first day of betting, which ends at 23:59 the day you register. If you receive a free bet, you’ll have seven days to use it.
In short, there’s nothing suspicious here and no hidden wagering requirements. The BetGoodwin welcome offer is pretty transparent.
Any other bonus for new users
- Free bet up to £100: There are multiple offers which reward you with a free bet worth up to £100. This can be when your horse loses by a nose, is beaten under 1/2L in a chase, falls at the last while leading or comes second to an outsider at 50/1 or above.
- Best odds guaranteed: Place your bets and, if the starting price is bigger, you’ll receive the better odds.
List of Features/Characteristics:
- Best Features
- Sports Coverage
- In-play betting
- Betting Markets & Types of Bets Available
- Sports bonuses and promotions
- Customer support
BetGoodwin Best Sports Features
Features are what help online bookies stand apart from other betting sites. In my time reviewing BetGoodwin and other sportsbooks, I’ve seen plenty of websites which are pretty much interchangeable. That’s why useful and unique features are so important.
BetGoodwin in-play betting
Most sites these days offer in-play betting, which lets you place wagers while an event is taking place. But the depth of markets and quality of the interface vary massively. I really enjoyed the in-play experience at BetGoodwin, especially for horse racing.
I’ve already explained the welcome bonus and touched upon the multiple £100 special offers at the site, and this is definitely a significant factor which helps differentiate it from other bookies. The offers here are really solid and, more importantly, allow you to receive cash and free bets without unrealistic wagering requirements.
BetGoodwin mobile betting
If you’re planning on regularly using BetGoodwin, for horse racing or anything else, you might want to consider downloading the free betting app. I tested it extensively on iPhone and loved both the layout and ease of flicking between tabs.
BetGoodwin Sports Coverage
From the beginning of my BetGoodwin review I knew horse racing would be covered in great depth, but what about other sports? Would this excellent array of markets and top odds carry across, or would other sports suffer as a result of the focus on horse racing?
BetGoodwin horse racing
Almost inevitably, one of the top images you see when you land on the BetGoodwin homepage will be a horse racing offer. Everything the site does, from the welcome bonus to its very logo, is geared around horse racing. They know their stuff, and this is reflected in plentiful offers and excellent odds.
Although horse racing takes centre stage, football is always one of the main attractions at any online sportsbook. There are a lot of in-play football markets, and the simple layout is perfect for betting on the go.
Some sites which have been established as long as BetGoodwin tend not to worry too much about integrating new sports and markets, but this site has kept in touch with the modern player by including a healthy number of esports markets. The ‘Competitions’ tab provides a full breakdown of all the events you can bet on, and I noted that there is a lot more detail here than most other sites I review; BetGoodwin is a top site for esports.
BetGoodwin Betting Markets & Types of Bets Available
Any BetGoodwin review worth its salt must cover a wide range of betting markets. Yes, horse racing is clearly top of the agenda here, but there’s a lot more to the site than just the gee-gees.
Here are some of the most popular betting markets at BetGoodwin:
BetGoodwin Betting Markets:
- Outright winner: Bet on the outright winner of an event or tournament. This is an awesome choice for new players and experienced ones alike.
- Each way: With horse racing so high on the agenda, each way markets will play a big role. This is a way for you to potentially win even when your horse doesn’t.
- Correct score: From tennis to football and everything in between, bet on the correct score to increase your odds over a standard outright winner wager.
BetGoodwin Types of Bets Available
In addition to tonnes of betting markets at BetGoodwin, you’ll also find different types of bets. Here’s an explanation of the key ones:
- Single: A straightforward bet on one event, such as Manchester United to beat Manchester City.
- In-play: Live bets which you place while the event is underway. You can even bet on horse racing in-play – but be quick, as odds change extremely rapidly.
- Price Boosts: Click on ‘Price Boosts’ on the left-hand menu of the BetGoodwin homepage to check out selected bets which have temporarily boosted odds.
BetGoodwin Mobile Apps
I downloaded the betting app as part of my BetGoodwin review to test how it felt playing at the site on mobile.
User reviews are fairly limited, but relatively good overall. I also found little to complain about. You can easily bet on all the same sports you’ll find on the Goodwin sportsbook desktop version, and that includes in-play betting.
You can download the Goodwin betting app for free on iOS and Android, and the menus are just as simplistic and intuitive as they are on the regular site.
BetGoodwin sports bonuses and promotions
Most of the promotions at BetGoodwin are very similar and focused on horse racing, which makes them ideal if you regularly bet on major races. Of course, if you’re more of a football or tennis fan, you’ll find it harder to receive relevant promotions.
Here are the offers at the time of my BetGoodwin review:
- Free bet up to £100 if your horse loses by a nose
- Free bet up to £100 if your horse is beaten under 1/2L in a chase
- Free bet up to £100 if your horse is leading and falls at the last
- Free bet up to £100 if your horse finishes second to a runner at 50/1 or above
- Place a bet and, if the starting price is higher, you’ll receive the best odds
Unfortunately, BetGoodwin doesn’t currently offer any casino games. This won’t be a major deal for many of you, as this site is quite serious about horse racing, which is a completely different market. But if slots and table games form part of your betting hobbies, bear in mind you’ll need to find a separate site for that.
On MansionBet you can find full information about online casino sites.
Your first step to playing for real money is to create an account. Make sure you use the links provided on this page if you want to access the exclusive welcome bonus.
Once you’ve joined as a member, you can head to the cashier to make a deposit. There are limited options but they do include Visa and some popular e-wallets, which means most of you will probably find a payment method which suits you.
Deposits are instant and you can withdraw in good time too. I’d like to see a few more payment methods added but it’s not a deal breaker.
BetGoodwin Customer Support
The best way to get in touch with the team at BetGoodwin is via live chat. I asked them some tricky questions about the site and the response time was impressive.
If for some reason you don’t want to use the live chat feature, you can also email the team. Click ‘Contact Us’ in the homepage footer to find the relevant details.
BetGoodwin How to
Getting started at BetGoodwin is a fuss-free process – and here’s how to do it.
How to open an account on BetGoodwin
It’s simple to open your own account at BetGoodwin.
- First, use the links on this page to access the latest welcome bonus. You might not be able to find it organically on the site.
- Click ‘Join’ to begin the registration process.
- Fill in the two pages of information. It’s basic stuff like your name, date of birth and phone number.
As a bookie of over 20 years, BetGoodwin understands the importance of privacy. Your details are entirely secure and key information is encrypted, making it very difficult for hackers to gain access to your details.
How to place a bet
- Click on ‘Sports’ in the top menu
- Select your preferred sport from the A-Z menu on the left-hand side
- Choose your event – for example, in horse racing, you can choose the venue and time of race – like Sandown at 18:50
- Click on the odds of the bet you want to place to add it to the bet slip
- Click the ‘up’ icon on the bet slip to make it full size, then input your stake into the ‘Stake’ box. If you want to make it an each-way bet, click ‘EW’
- Hit ‘place bet’ to lock it in
How to withdraw money from BetGoodwin:
Head to the cashier and click ‘Withdraw’ to begin the cashing out process. There are limited options but withdrawals are processed quickly.
How to claim a bonus at BetGoodwin
Check out the latest bonuses by clicking on the ‘Promotions’ tab, then clicking on each individual special offer for more details.
Frequently asked questions about BetGoodwin
Does BetGoodwin have a casino?
No – contrary to what you may have heard, there is no BetGoodwin casino. The site’s focus is purely on its sportsbook.
Can I get a welcome bonus at BetGoodwin?
Yes, BetGoodwin has one of the more original sign up bonuses around, giving you cashback on losses on your first day betting on racing.
Is in-play betting available at BetGoodwin?
Yes, you can bet on live sports at BetGoodwin. Click on the ‘In-play’ tab at the top of the page to see the current markets.
- Betting sites
- Betgoodwin Review 2023