NBA betting in the UK is not as popular as it is in the US, but it’s still a major market which holds plenty of value. The key is finding the right basketball betting sites to extract value from your wagers. If you’re looking for the top betting sites for NBA betting for UK players, you can find all the information you require in this guide. We’ll be covering betting apps and sites with lucrative promotions, competitive odds, and a wide range of exciting NBA betting markets.
Ranking NBA betting sites in the UK
At MansionBet, our recommendations are never paid. That means we can give you honest, objective advice based on expert opinions. But how exactly do we rank our UK-friendly NBA betting sites?
Here are five things we look for before we consider recommending an NBA betting site in the UK:
- NBA markets: In the UK, NBA betting isn’t as popular as other sports like football – so finding a site which has a wide range of markets is even more important. Pick a betting site which has in-depth choices and in-play betting, not just the basic ‘outright winner’ markets.
- Basketball promos: You’ll find lots of offers on horse racing and football at betting sites in the UK, but less on NBA betting. However, you can still find some basketball special offers and generic welcome bonuses which can be used on NBA markets. If we find these on a betting site, it’s more likely to move up our rankings for NBA specifically.
- Solid odds: One of the most fundamental aspects of any betting site in the UK, for NBA or any other sport, is having consistently good odds. We only recommend sites which regularly compete among the market leaders when it comes to the best possible betting odds.
- Top customer service: Excellent customer service is a must. If you ever run into any issues with your gambling funds, it’s vitally important to have a team who are helpful, efficient and friendly. We particularly like sites which offer 24/7 customer service, and have easy-access options like live chat.
- Fast withdrawals: It can be frustrating when a site takes many days, or even weeks, to process your withdrawal. Betting sites that have a range of payment methods, including fast e-wallets and crypto options, will feature higher in our recommendations.
Of course, these are not the only five things we look for in UK-facing NBA betting sites. Other things to look out for include a valid licence and reliable company history, a smooth experience when you’re actually using the site, and a straightforward process when signing up and signing in.
How do we check
We follow the same process for every NBA betting site at MansionBet UK, to ensure we assess each bookie fairly. Here’s what we do:
- Background check: We find out a lot about each bookie before we use them. That means a thorough check on their history and any changes of ownership. And we also run their licence number to check that it’s valid.
- Create an account: Next, we will create a personal account at the NBA betting site. We’re UK-based, so our experience will mirror yours if you’re a player from the UK.
- Bet on the NBA: After making a deposit, we place multiple bets on the NBA. UK sites don’t always have a great selection of markets, so this is our chance to assess and analyse how the site stacks up.
- Cash out: To make sure nothing interferes with your winnings, we cash out using multiple payment methods, noting the time each transaction takes and flagging any issues along the way.
Best NBA betting sites in UK
Now that you know how we analyse NBA betting sites in the UK, you’re probably wondering who came out on top. Below, you’ll find our top five betting sites for NBA betting specifically:
In addition to having hundreds of online slots available, LeoVegas UK has established a reputation for having a solid sportsbook as well. And this includes plenty of NBA betting markets for UK players. As we mentioned earlier, generic welcome bonuses can be quite lucrative when they’re applicable to NBA markets. When you join LeoVegas, you can grab up to £100 in bonus funds on your first qualifying bet – which represents terrific value if you’re in the market for a meaty bonus to be used on basketball.
When you sign up to 888sport, you’re probably getting more than you realise. 888 offers sports betting markets, a full online casino, and even a poker room which is among the best in the UK. NBA betting features strongly among their sports, so you can use this bookie to explore a wide range of markets. That includes in-play betting on the NBA, with competitive odds and a user-intuitive interface which makes it easy to spot the changing odds.
If you’re based in the UK and need NBA betting in a clean, concise format, 10bet is a good shout. It’s especially useful if you like to place accumulators across multiple NBA matches or markets, because 10bet has an innovative acca calculator which helps you calculate odds before placing your bet – including the option to change the bet type and odds type. For example, you can run up the odds on a four-match NBA accumulator (or ‘parlay’) in fractional or decimal odds. And their odds are highly competitive, too.
If you’ve used Fitzdares before, you’ll be aware that it’s one of the most unique sites around – and this is true for NBA betting, too. UK venues in London and Gloucestershire give a physical presence to Fitzdares where members can attend and place bets, but their online offering is unique as well. In particular, their betting app has lots of unique features. One of the neatest plus-points is the fact that you can bet by texting in an informal manner, as you would a friend. This can be really useful if you don’t like browsing through the NBA markets and would rather have a straightforward betting process which is still digital.
How to bet on the NBA from the UK
If you’re in the UK and betting on the NBA for the first time, or if you’ve bet on it before but still aren’t 100% comfortable with how it all works, we’re here to explain everything.
First, choose your betting site. You’ll find our list of recommended UK betting sites for the NBA on this page. If you follow the links provided, you’ll automatically be taken to the latest welcome bonus, which means you can get extra value on your first NBA bet.
Once you’re signed up, head to the A-Z of sports and click on ‘Basketball’ or ‘NBA’ to explore the markets. Input your stake, click ‘Confirm’, and you’re all set.
Aside from the logistics of where to click, there are also a few other things you should know about betting on the NBA at UK sites. We’ve explained them below.
If you’re not familiar with the NBA, the structure can be a tad confusing at first. 30 teams are divided into divisions. They then play a significant 82 matches to see who can finish in one of the top eight positions and secure a place in the playoffs. This is made up of four matches against their four division opponents, four against their six conference opponents, three against the other four teams in the conference, and a couple of matches played against squads in the opposing conference.
Is it legal betting on the NBA?
Yes, it is 100% safe and legal to bet on the NBA from UK betting sites. That’s assuming they have a valid gambling licence, which all of the sites recommended on this page do.
Contacting customer support
There are many things to consider when choosing an NBA betting site in the UK and placing your first bet, and customer support is right up there with the most important factors. Yes, you need good odds and high-value promotions, but if something goes wrong you’ll want reliable customer service to fix it as soon as possible. Sites with largely positive reviews and 24/7 support are preferable.
NBA Betting Markets
Found a UK-based NBA betting site but not sure what to do for your first bet? That’s not surprising – there are hundreds of markets on the NBA, with many offering terrific value.
Here are three of the most popular betting markets for the NBA:
- Points spread: You might have heard of the points spread under alternate names such as the ‘line’ or simply the ‘spread’. What it refers to is a number of points that the bookie predicts a team will win by. You can bet on the favourite or the underdog, but crucially the favourite must win by a certain number of points for your bet to be labelled a winner – at bigger odds than the regular outright market, of course.
- Player markets: There are tonnes of smaller markets on NBA betting sites in the UK which allow you to predict how a certain player’s game will unfold. This includes everything from the number of points and assists to rebounds, steals, turnovers and triple doubles.
- Outright winner: Keep things simple with an outright winner bet. This can be on the winner of a match, the overall NBA championship, or anything in between. These are popular and straightforward bets with a wide appeal.
There are many different types of bet which are often used in the NBA betting market. UK players might not be too familiar with these US-friendly terms, so here’s a quick breakdown of them:
- Single: A simple bet on the winner of a match or competition. For example, Miami Heat to beat the Chicago Bulls.
- Over/under: Betting on an event happening more or less than the bookie predicts. For example, over/under a total number of points scored.
- Accumulator: Often referred to as a ‘parlay’ in the US, an accumulator is a collective bet wherein you need all results to come in in order for your bet to win. For instance, betting on the Boston Celtics, LA Lakers and Philadelphia 76ers all to win in one bet.
- Spread: The spread, or the ‘line’, is a predicted score made by UK-based NBA betting sites, and you as a punter can bet on whether the real outcome will be above or below the spread.
NBA Betting Odds
There are few aspects more important to consider than the odds a site offers. After all, if you could be getting more money for the same bet on a different site, why are you not already doing so?
One really important consideration for UK players with NBA betting is the type of odds provided. In the UK, players are often used to fractional, which looks quite different to US odds. For instance, odds of 1/3 in the fractional format will be displayed as -333.3 if using US odds. If this is confusing to you, you should probably prioritise UK NBA betting sites with fractional odds.
Overall, you should always try to hunt down NBA betting sites with the best odds in the UK. You’ll find consistently great odds at sites such as Bet-at-Home, LeoVegas, 10Bet, 888Sport and Fitzdares.
Best NBA Betting Site Features
There are certain features at the best NBA betting sites in the UK which will just make your life easier. And it’s important to think about your own habits when considering whether these features will be important to you.
Here are three of the top features at NBA betting sites in the UK:
- Live streaming: At many of the UK’s best NBA betting sites, you can watch the matches live once you place a qualifying wager. This is great news if you usually struggle to find the games on live TV, which can be a slight issue in the UK.
- In-play betting: If you’d prefer to watch the game a bit before you put all your chips on the table, consider sites with NBA live betting. This means you can react in real-time and perhaps get even better odds if you sense an upset coming.
- Live data: If you’re unable to watch NBA matches live, you might enjoy betting sites in the UK which show a live data feed. This includes key statistics about the match and can have features such as heat graphs and action areas, showing you where most of the intense play is taking place. This can give you a flavour for how the game is going even if you’re not watching it.
Safety and security
You might not consider it a feature in the same way as live data, but it’s just as important to take safety into consideration. For example, sites which use end-to-end encryption to protect your details, or those which have terms and conditions to withhold your information from any unnecessary third parties, are all positive points.
NBA Betting Bonuses
Just because NBA betting sites in the UK are less common than those in the US, it doesn’t mean you can’t claim any bonuses. There are in fact many special betting offers, promotions and free bets on the NBA at UK betting sites – if you know where to look.
Here are some of the bonuses you can use on the NBA:
- Free bets: When you’re given a free bet to use on any sport, there’s a good chance you can use it on basketball. If so, that gives you a risk-free opportunity to make real money on NBA matches.
- Deposit bonuses: A deposit bonus rewards you with extra bonus funds when you make a real-money deposit. Your bonus funds often come with wagering requirements, but can still be an awesome way to bet on the NBA without breaking the bank.
- Money back specials: Certain NBA betting sites in the UK will give you money back if a certain outcome happens. For instance, you might be offered your money back in a Lakers game if LeBron James fails to score.
Payment Options for NBA Betting
A long list of boring payment methods might not be the first thing you consider when you’re looking at all the exciting welcome bonuses available at the UK’s NBA betting sites, but it should be in your thinking. If you can’t withdraw your winnings easily, it will be a massive inconvenience every time you land a winner.
Here are some of the most popular payment methods at UK NBA betting sites:
- Credit cards: Although credit card bets are popular for NBA betting in general, it’s important to note that they are currently banned in the UK.
- Debit cards: An easy and familiar way to pay for all sorts of products, debit cards are a payment option at most UK NBA betting sites. It’s quick and easy, and you’ll receive a high level of protection from your bank.
- E-wallets: There are many e-wallets which you can use to make fast and straightforward digital payments. Options include PayPal, Skrill, Neteller and more – and you can often segregate gambling funds into a smaller ‘pot’ for peace of mind.
- Crypto: If you know how to make payment with cryptos such as bitcoin, Ethereum and ripple, you could use a crypto-friendly NBA betting site. In the UK, more and more sites are beginning to accept crypto payments.
- Wire transfer: Although they’re a little slower than crypto, e-wallets and so on, wire transfers are still a safe and reliable way to top up your funds at many of the UK’s NBA betting sites.
The speed of your withdrawals will vary greatly depending on a variety of factors including the site you use, the payment method of choice, and possibly your own bank’s policy. But if fast withdrawals are important to you, look out for a ‘Fast Withdrawal’ sign. This means you can opt to receive your money much quicker than usual – often for a small fee.
NBA Betting Strategy
When you first open an account to bet on the NBA at a UK site, it’s tempting to jump straight into the action. But it’s much more practical to create a betting strategy first – and stick to it.
Everybody’s betting strategy will be different. It will depend on a wide range of factors like how many sports you watch, how much insight you have, what your bankroll and financial ambitions are, what it is that gives you the most enjoyment from gambling and so on. Consider all of this while analysing our NBA betting tips below.
NBA Betting Tips
Here are three tips to help you get the most out of your NBA bets:
- Look at locations: The US is a massive place – and that means a lot of travelling for winning teams. Look at a squad’s run of fixtures and compare the amount of travel required to that of their opponents. Could fatigue factor in?
- Use promotions: Boost you winnings by making the most of special offers such as free bets, deposit bonuses and welcome packages. Using these can prove the difference between positive and negative net outcomes.
- Read, read, read!: There’s so much information out there on the NBA and it can really assist you in making a smart betting strategy. Find reliable sources who consistently have breaking news about injuries to players and other key updates, then react before the market does.
What to avoid
As you develop your NBA betting strategy, make sure you avoid common pitfalls such as chasing your losses, betting only on your favourite team, or following your gut. This is often an excuse for making impractical bets that you can’t objectively justify, and should therefore be avoided.
NBA Betting Apps
Most of us now enjoy betting on our mobiles, and you can easily bet on the NBA at UK sites via special apps. Head to the App Store of Play Store to view your options and download NBA betting apps for free. Once downloaded, you’ll be able to log in and deposit faster – which is particularly useful for fast-paced in-play betting.
Alternatively, you can usually access NBA betting sites in the UK via your smartphone’s browser. Just punch in the regular URL and the site will automatically redirect you to the mobile-friendly version. This is perhaps the more practical option if you use a large number of betting sites and don’t want dozens of apps on your phone.
Finally, look out for mobile-only special offers on the NBA. These are introduced from time to time in order to encourage user to bet on their phones – and it’s a key opportunity to boost your bankroll.
The NBA 2022/23 Season
The 2022/23 season is shaping up to be one to remember, with much of the uncertainty around recent years now resolved and arenas once again packed with thousands of excited fans.
Last season was a whopper itself; the Pistons may have grabbed the top draft pick in Cade Cunningham, but that didn’t bring them glory. Instead it was the familiar face of Steph Curry grabbing the MVP accolade as the Golden State Warriors saw off the Boston Celtics in the final.
Fans of the sport will remember this special season for its 75th anniversary celebrations, recognising the best in the game from years gone by via a series of special events.
Another key change was a new playoff format, which was met with a lot of pushback – as is normally the case for any significant changes in a sport as widely loved as basketball.
Will Steph Curry shine again in the 2022/23 season? Can the Celtics go one better, or will Miami Heat, the Dallas Mavericks or another team step up to the challenge?
If you’ve read our guide on NBA betting in the UK, you’ll now know that there are a lot of high-value markets and promotions to be had on this lucrative sport. And the fact that it’s not as popular in the UK as it is in the US gives you a window to find real value in the betting markets.
If you’re keen to try some NBA betting for yourself from the UK, you can follow the links on this page to go directly to the latest welcome bonuses.
Can I bet on the NBA from the UK?
Yes, it is 100% legal to bet on the NBA in the UK and quite easy to do so. You can find a full guide on how to bet, as well as our recommended sites, right here in our UK NBA betting guide.
Where can I find NBA betting offers?
Many sites in the UK offer promotions on NBA betting. You can use the links on this page to access welcome bonuses which you can use today on NBA matches.
Are there any NBA betting apps in the UK?
Yes, there are many NBA betting sites in the UK which have a terrific app. If you enjoy using betting apps, check out the recommended sites on this page.
How does the spread work in NBA betting?
The spread, also known as the ‘line’, is a way for you to bet on either team in an NBA match, with one of those teams beginning with a theoretical advantage. You can bet on the favourite or the underdog when betting on the spread.