eSports has evolved from a fringe pastime to a major business in recent years and betting sites across the globe have introduced markets to cope with the rapidly increasing demand for eSport bets.
eSport Betting Sites - The Best eSports Bookmakers for 2023
While eSports still has work to do to match more traditional sports, the growth in its popularity means that more and more bettors are keen to learn how and where to find the best eSports betting sites in the UK. Here at MansionBet, we’ve got you covered and we have got down and dirty with the details to uncover the best sites for eSports betting in 2023.
From markets and odds to site safety and the latest betting apps, we have all the information you need and a list of recommended sites that will allow you to take the next steps on your eSports betting adventure. Keep reading to learn more.
How we rank eSports betting sites
MansionBet’s ranking system involves putting numerous eSports betting sites through a stringent set of tests, which allow us to determine who the standout performers in the industry are. We’ve supplied a rundown of some the criteria involved.
- Markets, betting types and odds – Perhaps the most important aspects of eSports betting, we do thorough research on the markets, odds and eSports bet types carried by the bookmakers we analyse.
- Promotions and Bonuses – Finding the right promotions and bonuses is key to developing a long-term relationship with new betting sites and we dissect what’s on offer and tell you whether promos are up to scratch.
- Coverage/Betting variety – eSports is a relatively new addition to the betting game, so finding a bookie that offers comprehensive coverage is a must. We put betting sites through a meticulous review process to ensure standards are high.
- Features – Features like in-play betting, cash out, bet builders and live streaming can greatly enhance the user experience and we have the lowdown on who offers what.
- Mobile/App, Mobile Compatibility – Betting apps have become crucial components for all bettors and the best eSports betting sites should have dedicated applications for their customers.
- Safety and Security – We want our readers to feel safe, secure and fully protected when placing eSports bets and we work to ensure we provide recommended betting sites that pass the safety test.
The list above is not exhaustive and offers just a taste of what we look for during our research. We also rank eSports betting sites based on industry reputation, withdrawal/payout speeds, variety of payment options, free bets, customer support and much more. Keep reading to expand your knowledge.
How do we check
Our step-by-step review and ranking process takes time and we aim to be as open and honest as possible when compiling our rundown of the best eSports betting sites in the UK.
Starting with the careful background checks we perform on all betting sites, we ensure that each bookmaker is fully legit and licenced.
Once we’re happy, we run through the task of opening an account to ascertain what’s involved, including the verification process and any welcome bonuses on offer.
Then, we take the journey any new user would expect to take. We browse markets, place bets, process withdrawals, interact with customer services and wager on betting apps to get a proper feel for the eSports betting product that’s being served up.
Most importantly, we want to push home that MansionBet are a completely independent review service. No profit is gained by us for the inclusion of any of the betting sites we feature. Our sole aim is to inform and you can rest assured that we will never steer you in the wrong direction.
From Pong and Space Invaders to the immersive and jaw-dropping titles of today, video gaming has undergone an incredible evolution over the past 40 years and the growth of online gaming since the Millennium eventually spawned the eSports revolution we’re seeing today.
For many, the eSports world is still shrouded in mystery, however, it is now a billion-dollar industry with household names like CS:GO, Dota 2, League of Legends, Overwatch and Fortnite dominating the space.
The multiplayer online games now have massive professional leagues with teams who compete in tournaments around the world for huge cash prizes. Esports was set to debut in the Olympics in Asia 2022 before the event was postponed, though it should be a staple in the prestigious games from now on.
With its popularity on a firm upward trajectory, eSports betting has hit the mainstream in recent years and betting sites everywhere have been getting in on the action.
Like other sports, punters can enjoy a wide variety of betting markets and eSports bets, with lines that allow you to bet on the outcome of an individual game, on the number of maps there will be or even the first team to record a kill in the many shooter games that feature.
eSports is similar to other types of sports betting in that bettors can analyse stats, form and teams to find patterns worth backing, while tournament ante-post markets that allow you to predict who might win a tournament outright are also carried by eSports betting sites.
Like any new sport, there is a learning curve involved and once up to speed you can place eSports bets on fighting games like Street Fighter and Tekken, Racing games like the big-hitting Formula One and Grand Turismo Sport releases, Sports titles like FIFA and Madden and multiplayer online battle arena games that include League of Legends, Dota 2 and Smite.
Elsewhere, there are also Digital Card games (Hearthstone, Shadowverse), first-person shooters (Doom, Counter-Strike) and real-time strategy games (StarCraft, Warcraft III) to consider, giving eSports betting fans plenty to sink their teeth into.
Top betting sites for eSports
From the most famous brands to lesser-known outfits, we’ve done due diligence on a huge number of betting sites to find you the highest-ranking bookies for eSports betting UK and below, we present MansionBet’s list of best eSports betting sites for 2023.
bet365 are one of the leading brands in the betting industry and Stoke-on-Trent based bookmaker have become a primary source of top eSports betting markets.
- About the bookmaker: Launched in 2020, bet365 are considered an elite member of the betting industry in the UK. Licenced by the UK Gambling Commission, bet365 have a sky-high reputation among punters everywhere.
- Offers: You can land up to £50 in free bets when you sign up and deposit £10 with bet365 and any bonus you receive can be used on the site’s eSports offering.
- Features: Cash out, live streaming, bet builder, fee stats
- Coverage: We clocked over 40 sports on bet365 and the majority of events they cover have extensive markets.
- Mobile: bet365 has betting apps for both iOS and Android users.
- Deposit methods: Visa, Mastercard, Google Pay, PayPal, Apple Pay, paysafecard, Click to pay, Wire Transfer.
- Highlight: eSports streaming is one of bet365’s speciality and you can tune to watch as the action unfolds in a number of tournaments and events.
- To improve: It might seem like a small thing, but bet365’s website design isn’t quite as eye-catching as many of their rivals.
Boylesports are one of the leading independent bookmakers in the UK and eSports betting fans should find plenty to be enthusiastic about with their coverage.
- About the bookmaker: Founded all the way back in 1989, Boylesports have been a staple for football and horse racing punters for decades, though they have followed changing trends and are now a leading light in the eSports betting space.
- Offers: Users can get up to £25 in free bets when they open an account with Boylesports.
- Features: Live streaming, retail betting shops, in-play betting, Fon-a-Bet.
- Coverage: Boylesports provides customers with excellent coverage of all sports including eSports, where you can surf numerous markets from dozens of events daily.
- Mobile: Mobile betting apps are available on Android and iOS with Boylesports.
- Deposit methods: Visa, Mastercard, bank transfer, Skrill, Neteller, PayPal, Paysafecard, Google Pay, Apple Pay, cash at Boylesports shops.
- Highlight: Boylesports combines extensive markets with live streaming options to bring a superb eSports betting experience to their customers.
- To improve: The welcome bonus offered by Boylesports comes laden with irritating restrictions and requirements.
Having already established themselves as a heavy hitter in the online casino industry, LeoVegas UK entered the sports betting sphere more recently.
- About the bookmaker: LeoVegas hit the scene in 2011, though they could be placed among the list of new betting sites in terms of sports. Like their rivals, LeoVegas are licenced by the UK Gambling Commission.
- Offers: New customers can win up to £100 in extra winnings with LeoVegas’ profit boost.
- Features: Leo King, Live Club, Pre-packs, Bet Builder
- Coverage: There are north of 30 different sports on LeoVegas, though we were particularly impressed by the depth of their eSports betting options.
- Mobile: LeoVegas have iOS and Android betting apps available to download for free.
- Deposit methods: Visa, PayPal, Apple Pay, Trustly, Skrill, Neteller, MuchBetter.
- Highlight: The LeoVegas Live Club is an exciting addition. You can earn free bets and monthly cash prizes through live betting with the club.
- To improve: LeoVegas like to push live in-play betting front and centre and it can a bit of a pain to navigate to ante-post markets.
eSports Betting Markets and Betting Types
If you are new to the world of eSports betting, then this next section might be a little confusing, but we’ll do our best to cut through the noise.
The first thing to note is that the betting markets and types for more run-of-the-mill sports where you can bet on match results, goals, cards and so forth don’t really apply to many eSports games beyond titles like FIFA, Pro Evo and Madden.
Instead, markets like maps and kills will accompany win markets in first and third-person shooters, allowing bettors to place eSports bets in a plethora of new and exciting ways.
Some of the most popular eSports bet types for CS:GO for instance include Match Lines, Map Lines, Points Spreads and Kill Totals, though the type of lines available will differ depending on the rules set out in each game.
- Tournament winner – This one is pretty self-explanatory. These types of eSports bets allow you to predict the overall winner of a tournament or competition.
- Match winner – Predict and bet on the outcome of an individual match-up between two players or teams.
- First map – In games like Counter Strike and League of Legends, you can pick a side to win the first map.
- First kill/first blood – Back a player to record the first kill in a first or third-person shooter title.
- Overs/unders – How many maps or kills will there be in total? You decide.
- Most kills – This bet type offers the opportunity to back an individual to post the most kills in a round or map.
- Handicaps – Similar to handicap betting in sports, you can apply a numerical advantage or disadvantage to the player/team of your choice to improve your odds.
How to find the best eSports odds
While eSports betting can be a little different to wagering on more traditional sports, the overall target is the same. Profitability (and fun) is the aim and finding the best odds for your bets can help you to achieve your punting goals.
Once you get your feet under the table with eSports betting, you’ll notice pretty quickly that the odds available for matches and events can vary in price from bookmaker to bookmaker – but don’t let the reams of numbers confuse you!
Instead, view it as an opportunity to find value and the most punch for the contents of your pocket. The bookies that made the cut for MansionBet’s list of best eSports betting sites all come outfitted with some of the most competitive odds around – why else would we include them?
While we recommend you make the most of our research and rankings, it’s also important to become familiar with doing some legwork of your own. Shop around for better prices and seek out the most lucrative odds for your eSports bets.
MansionBet don’t offer any odds comparison services at present, though the availability of strong odds is a major factor in how we rank the betting sites that feature in our guide.
About eSports Bonuses and Promotions
The best bonuses and promotions are the ones that combine generosity with easy playthrough requirements and some betting sites have more balanced offers than others. Below, we’ve analysed what’s on offer in terms of promos with our favourite eSports betting sites.
- bet365 – The £50 in free bets offer you can nab with bet365 is a decent chunk of change but once you’re on-boarded, offers for eSports betting are few and far between. Other sports are much better served and this is an area bet365 could definitely rework. You will find good batches of Bet Boosts on most eSports events however, which serve up enhanced odds ahead of designated contests. You can see the latest Bet Boost on the main eSports betting page on bet365.
- Boylesports – The £25 you can collect with Boylesports after you open your account and follow the qualification procedures arms you with a nice little bankroll to kick off your eSports betting exploits, though the bookmakers’ other promotions are geared towards punters of other sports in the main. Football and horse racing fans in particular will have a wealth of choice when it comes to promos and bonuses with Boylesports, though it would be a huge lift to the eSports betting community if more was aimed in their direction too.
- LeoVegas – LeoVegas’ welcome offer give users a 100% boost on their winnings up to £100 on their initial qualifying £10 bet, while their weekly offers on live sports and accumulator profit boosts can also add spice to your eSports bets.
We found the live sports rewards to be particularly enthralling. Every week, you can claim your digital LVLC Reward Card and once you’re set up, you can pocket free bets or boosts for every five qualifying bets you place on sports via the mobile version.
Best eSports Features
It’s worthwhile to learn about the various tools and features on offer from all eSports betting sites and using the right ones in the correct manner can really augment your overall experience.
The fast-paced world of eSports is hugely exciting where game states can change dramatically on a whim and as such, in-play betting can be an effective feature once you get a handle on how it works.
Combining in-play eSports bets with live streaming can also be constructive and you can make rapid-fire decisions while following the action play-by-play as it unfolds.
Utilising the cash-out feature – which is available with the majority of eSports betting sites we’ve encountered – can also ramp up your chances of profitability.
As we touched on above, games in eSports can be a whirlwind of change and consummate cash-out control when things swing in your favour can help you to fill your pockets before any shifts in momentum.
Safe and Security
MansionBet takes your safety very seriously and we won’t include any eSports betting sites that fall short of our standards in this hugely-important area.
Generally, betting sites will have the security information you need in easy-to-find places and there are several crucial safety steps you should always look out for before opening an account.
First, it’s a good idea to ensure that the bookie is licenced and regulated correctly by the UK Gambling Commission or other relevant body from abroad. That will ensure that their safety standards are constantly monitored.
Arm yourself with information about how the betting sites’ login systems operate and how verification works. This is an area where we like to dig deep ourselves and we also work to determine the security methods and systems that bookmakers apply to banking, deposits and withdrawals.
We also like to find out how your personal data is guarded. Is it as protected as it should be? Do any of our featured betting sites share your information with third parties? Our advice is to be as scrupulous as possible about security and that should help you to avoid any nasty surprises.
eSports app, mobile website, and desktop
The latest statistics and trends show that more and more punters are choosing to play using betting apps instead of standard desktop versions, though there are valid reasons to pick either as your preference.
Betting on a desktop version of a bookmaker gives you lots of lovely, uncluttered space where you can navigate menus and markets more easily, though it does have its drawbacks when it comes to live betting in particular.
This is where mobile betting apps excel and it’s much easier to follow the action from the palm of your hand, taking the need to stay stationary in front of your laptop or PC away completely.
Naturally, screen sizes are way smaller with smartphones and tablets, though all the same features, bonuses and eSports betting options you get with desktop version should be available with the majority of betting apps out there.
If you’re worried about the safety and security side of mobile betting then you should allay your fears. The technology involved is really high end and you can deposit and bet with confidence knowing that you are fully protected.
With a ban on betting apps now lifted, you can download most titles on Google Play, but if you can’t find what you’re looking for, finding direct download links on bookmakers’ official sites is straightforward.
All good eSports betting apps should come equipped with quick access to markets, slick navigation, easy-to-locate bonuses, one-touch live streaming and well-engineered in-play betting mechanisms – and all the outlets featured in our list of best eSports betting sites have betting apps that tick all the right boxes.
eSports Banking Options
Now we move on to banking and the fundamentals you should know about including the types of deposit and withdrawal methods you’re likely to come across during your eSports betting career. Below, we’ve drawn up a list of the most popular methods we found on eSports betting sites.
- Visa/Mastercard – With almost total availability and rapid transaction times, Visa and Mastercard – both debit and credit – are the number one choice for many bettors. There are rarely transaction fees associated with this method.
- Skrill – One of the many digital wallet providers on the market, Skrill allows you to keep all of your card details stored securely in your account. Many eSports betting fans like to use Skrill because it allows them to deposit without entering all those card numbers each time. Security is strong and transaction times are impressive.
- Neteller – Simply put, Neteller is an e-money transfer service that acts as a gateway between you and the vendor. Another digital wallet to consider, Neteller is instant, secure and free.
- PayPal – Anyone with an internet connection has heard of PayPal. Like Skrill and Neteller, PayPal stores your card information and allows you to make transactions through them rather than directly with the bookmaker. It takes a little longer to make deposits due to the whole login process however, while some betting sites don’t accept payments from them at all.
- Google Pay – Google Pay operates in the same way as many of the payment methods featured above. However, Google Pay isn’t nearly as widely accepted by betting sites as their competitors, which can be a bit of a pain if it’s your primary payment method.
- Bank transfer – If you prefer, you can transfer money to your bookmaker account directly from your personal bank account in the form of a standard bank transfer. If you’re in a hurry, this isn’t the method for you however, as this one can take several days to go through. You’re like to encounter fees with bank transfers too.
So, how do you extract those lovey eSports winnings? Luckily, betting sites make the process just as easy to follow as depositing is and most of the time payouts are processed right after your eSport bet lands.
Of course, transaction times in terms of how fast you get your winnings can vary from bookie to bookie and method to method, though some bookmakers like bet365 can process withdrawals to cards almost instantly making it one of the fastest payout merchants around.
Keep an eye out for early payouts too while surfing the markets in the eSports betting realm. These allow you to get paid early on certain events if your bet looks like being a winner.
For example, a bookmaker might offer an early payout on an CS:GO match if one team is a few rounds clear of their opponents with the game’s finish in sight. This allows you to pocket your winnings before the event finishes.
Whether you are new to the game or a seasoned bettor, there are tons of reasons to give eSports betting a crack. With exciting new games and markets to explore, we’re sure that you’ll find eSports a worthwhile addition to your normal betting routine.
MansionBet’s guide has walked you through a number of key aspects to consider when starting your eSports betting journey and we’ve listed our approved list of best eSports betting sites for 2023 to help you on the way.
Remember to do as much of your own research as possible too. From site usability and security to the quality of markets and odds on offer, there are numerous things to scrutinise before taking the plunge, so absorb as much info as you can.
What are some popular eSports betting titles?
There are dozens of popular eSports games and events. Some of the better-known ones are CS:GO, League of Legends, Fortnite, FIFA, Madden, Pokemon, DOTA2, Call of Duty, Warcraft and Overwatch. There are first-person and third-person shooters, real-time strategy games, sports titles, card games, fighting games and multiplayer battle arena games to enjoy.
Is it safe to bet on eSports?
Yes. Like more traditional sports like football and horse racing, eSports is now mainstream and it is as safe to bet on eSports as anything else. All reputable bookmakers offer markets for eSports betting. All of the bookmakers featured in our guide passed our safety and security checks.
What bookmakers can you bet on eSports with?
Every bookmaker worth their salt has extensive eSports coverage, though we recommend checking out the bookies (bet365, Boylesports, LeoVegas) that made our best eSports betting sites rundown to find the best odds, bonuses, markets and more.
Can I cash out my eSports bets?
Yes, provided your initial bet is on track to land you a win, you can avail of the cash out feature offered by bookmakers to extract your winnings early on any eSports bets you place. It’s important to remember that cashing out early will usually involve settling your bet for less than the maximum winnings you’d receive if you waited until the event ended.
Why is eSports so popular?
With exciting action, games played at lightning pace and a huge variety of titles to enjoy, eSports is a departure from traditional pursuits and players of all nations and backgrounds can get involved.
- Betting sites
- eSports Betting Sites