eSports has evolved from a fringe pastime to a major business in recent years and betting sites across the globe have introduced markets to cope with the rapidly increasing demand for eSport bets.
eSport Betting Sites - The Best eSports Bookmakers for 2023
UK only. 18+. T&C's apply. The promotional period is 00:00 31/08/22 and is an ongoing promotion. Qualifying Bets must be placed in the promotional period. Cashed out or void Bets do not qualify. Reward is available once. If your first Bet fails to reach the criteria, then you will not receive the Reward.
New customers, opt-in and deposit within 7 days, and settle a £10 minimum bet at odds of 1.5 or greater, to be credited with 3x £10 free bets. Free bets must be used on 4 or more selections with odds of 1.3 or greater, stake not returned. T&C’s Apply.
New Players Only. Min £10 qualifying bets, stake not returned. Free bet - one-time stake of £30, min odds 1.5, stake not returned. 1X wager the winnings. Wager from real balance first. Wager calculated on bonus bets only. Max conversion: £200. Valid for 7 Days from issue. Withdrawal requests voids all active/pending bonuses. Excluded Skrill deposits. Full Terms apply.
To welcome all new Betzone customers we are offering three welcome bonuses of up to £60 in free sports bets together with free casino spins and the opportunity to join the Betzone Reward Zone. Bonus 1: £10 worth of free sports bets after first five settled sports bets placed of £10 or over. Bonus 2: Up to £50 worth of free sports bets.
New Customers Only. Max one £10 Free bet. Qualifying bets must be placed at odds of 1/1 or greater. Paid as bonus token with min 4/5 odds req. Skrill, Neteller & PayPal not eligible. T&Cs Apply. 18+ begambleaware.org | gamstop.co.uk | Play Responsibly
New depositing players only. Min.1st deposit £10. Min. 2nd and 3rd deposits £20. Max. bonus varies per deposit (see below). Bonuses are issued as follows: *first deposit is 50% bonus up to £50 + 20 Spins on Starburst; *second one is 50 % Bonus up to £75 + 40 on Book of Dead; *third deposit brings 50 % Bonus up to £75 + 40 on Legacy of Dead. Bonuses that require deposit, have to be wagered 35x. This offer is available to players residing in United Kingdom only.
Place a £5 cash Bet Builder between 08/03 and 23/03 with min odds of 1/1 (2.00) to qualify. Free Bet Builder valid for 7 days from crediting. T&Cs apply. 18+ BeGambleAware.org
New Players only. Max. Free Bet Token amount: £10.Minimum Deposit: £15. Minimum wagering on Sport to activate the Free Bet Token: £15
18+, Welcome Bonus: New Players only, 1st Deposit, Min Deposit: £10, max £10 bonus, valid for 14 days, bets must be placed at odds of 1/1 or greater and be settled within 14 days of placement. System bets no eligible.
Register a new online account with Betgoodwin. Must have a minimum of 3 bets of £10 at odds of evens (2.0) or bigger on first day. First day losses equals all losing stakes less all returns. The day finishes at 23.59. Free bets must be used in their entirety and stakes are deducted from returns. Free bets non withdrawable. Betgoodwin Terms and Conditions apply.
Welcome bonus for new players only | Maximum bonus is 100% up to £100 | Min. deposit is £20 | No max cash out | Wagering is 35x bonus | Maximum bet with an active bonus is £5 | Eligibility is restricted for suspected abuse | Cashback is cash with no restrictions | Skrill & Neteller deposits excluded | Cashback applies to deposits where no bonus is included | T&C's apply
Offer applies to new accounts and have placed a bet of £10+ on any market (min odds evens/2.0). Full terms apply. 18+ | begambleaware.org | gamstop.co.uk | Play Responsibly
18+, Welcome Bonus: New Players only, 1st Deposit, Min Deposit: £10, max £15 bonus, valid for 14 days, bets must be placed at odds of 1/1 or greater and be settled within 14 days of placement. System bets no eligible.
*New members. £10 min deposit & bet on sportsbook, placed & settled at 1.5 min odds within 14 days of sign-up. Win part of E/W bets. 2 non-withdrawable £10 Free Bet Tokens: accept in 7 days, valid for 7 days from crediting (ex. E/Ws & Multiples), stakes not returned. Click here for Rules & Exclusions. Bet Responsibly. BeGambleAware.org. 18+, T&Cs Apply.
New members. £10 min deposit & bet on sportsbook, placed & settled at 1.5 min odds within 14 days of sign-up. Win part of each-way bets only. 2 non-withdrawable £10 Free Bet Tokens: accept in 7 days, valid for 7 days from acceptance (ex. each-way & multiple bets), stakes not returned. Click here for full T&Cs. Bet Responsibly. BeGambleAware.org. 18+, T&Cs Apply.
18+, New customers only. Min wagering on sport £10. Max one £20 free bet. Qualifying bets must be placed at odds of 1/1 or greater. Paid as bonus token with min 4/5 odds req. Selected payment methods only. Bet expires after 14 days of being credited. Click to see full T&Cs
18+. New Players Only. 100% Bonus On First Deposit Up To £50 & 50 Bonus Spins (30 Spins On Day 1, 10 On Day 2, 10 On Day 3) For Book Of Dead Slot Only. Min First Deposit Of £10. Max Bonus £100. Max Bonus Bet £5. Max Bonus Cash-Out £250. 40x Wagering Requirements. Bonus Expiry 30 Days. Bonus Spins Expiry 2 Days. Game Restrictions Apply. Further Terms Apply
New bettors get 50% of deposit up to £50; Once per household; Min deposit £15 (no Skrill/Neteller); Wager a total of 8 times deposit + bonus, with max qualifying bet stake equal to your initial bonus amount; Bonus expires after 60 days; Min odds of 4/5 on singles, or 2/5 per leg for acca; Some bet types excluded; See full terms;
New customers only. Max one free £15 bet. Qualifying bets must be placed at odds of 1/1 (2.0) or greater. Paid as bonus token with min 4/5 (1.80) odds req. Skrill, Neteller & PayPal not eligible. T&Cs apply. 18+
Place a bet of £5 within 14 days of account reg at Coral and claim £20 worth of free bets (4x £5 tokens). Minimum odds of 1/2, free bets are valid for 7 days, with stakes not being returned. PayPal and some other payment methods are excluded.
18+. Complete 4 Welcome Challenges. Get up to £50 in free bets, 20 free spins (available on Starburst only), an OddsBoost token and a £10 Casino Bonus (10x Wagering reqs). Rewards valid for a limited time only. T&Cs apply.
New Players Only. 18+. Min deposit £20. Wagering Requirement apply 50x. Offer valid for 24h. Terms and Conditions Apply.
18+. New players only. Min deposit £20. bonuses to a max of £100 + 50 bonus spins. Wagering bonus 35x. Wagering bonus spins 35x. The winnings must be wagered within 21 days. Max Bonus Bet is £4. BeGambleAware.org. Bonus T&C apply.
New customers. Max £10. 200% Odds Boost Token. Keep it fun - set your deposit limit.T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.org. 18+
New Players Only. Free bet - one-time stake of £10, min odds 1.5, stake not returned. 1X wager the winnings. Wager from real balance first. Wager calculated on bonus bets only. Max conversion: £200. Valid for 7 Days from issue. Withdrawal requests voids all active/pending bonuses. Excluded Skrill deposits. Full Terms apply.
18+ New customers only. Opt in, bet £5 at odds 2.00+ within 7 days of registering, no cashout. Get 2x £10 Free Bets, set events at odds 2.00+. Plus a £10 Slot Bonus, selected games, wager 20x to withdraw max £250. 7 day bonus expiry. Card payments only. T&Cs apply, see below. begambleaware.org | Please gamble responsibly
New Players Only. Minimum stake $/€/£ 10, minimum odds 1.5, stake not returned.1X wagering the winnings from the free bet. Wagering occurs from real balance first. Wagering requirement is calculated on bonus bets only, wagering starts from real funds. Free bet is valid for 7 Days from issue. Max conversion: $/€/£ 200. Excluded Skrill deposits. Withdrawal requests voids all active/pending bonuses . Full Terms Apply
18+ | New UK players only | Min deposit req. £10 | Certain deposit methods excluded | Place 1 sport bet (3+ selections) | Excl Horse Racing | Min stake £10 | Max stake £20 | Min Odds 2/1 (3.0) | Max FreeBet £20 for football only | FreeBet valid for 7 days | FreeBet stake not returned | T&Cs apply
1st dep only (min £10), max bonus £500, valid 7 days, on selected slots; 40x wagering on the sum of deposit & bonus applies. Max convertible to real is 5x bonus amount received bonus & wins for selected slots only, Full T&C apply.
New Players Only. Free bet - one-time stake of £10, min odds 1.5, stake not returned. 1X wager the winnings. Wager from real balance first. Wager calculated on bonus bets only. Max conversion: £200. Valid for 7 Days from issue. Withdrawal requests voids all active/pending bonuses. Excluded Skrill deposits. Full Terms Apply Full Terms Apply.
New UK customers (Excluding NI) only. Mobile exclusive. Min stake £10. Min odds Evs. Free bet applied on 1st settlement of any qualifying bet. 30 days to qualify. Free bets expire in 7 days. Cashed out/Free Bets won’t apply. Payment method restrictions. 1 Free Bet offer per customer, household & IP Address only. 18+. T&Cs apply
New Players Only. Free bet - one-time stake of £10, min odds 1.5, stake not returned. 1X wager the winnings. Wager from real balance first. Wager calculated on bonus bets only. Max conversion: £200. Valid for 7 Days from issue. Withdrawal requests voids all active/pending bonuses. Excluded Skrill deposits.
New players only, Maximum bonus is £123, Max bet with bonus is £5, No max cash out, Wagering is 50x - Skrill & Neteller excluded, Eligibility is restricted for suspected abuse, Cashback is cash, so no wagering, Cashback applies to deposit where no bonus is included. Full T&C’s apply
Full T&Cs apply. New reg only. Claim by placing a min deposit £10 via "My Offers" page within 30 days. Skrill/Neteller deposits excl. 7 days to stake max £10 in-play. Max. extra winnings £100. 18+ BeGambleAware.org.
To activate your Sportsbook 50% Back as a Free Bet up to £35 plus 10 Free Spins, simply deposit and bet on any Sportsbook markets of your choice today (horse racing, football, tennis, darts etc) at minimum odds of evens (2.00) or greater. 4. At least 3 bets (on different selections) must be placed to qualify for 50% back, 2 of which must be 50% in value of the largest bet you place. 18+ only. Full T&Cs apply.
18+ New players only. One offer per player. Min Dep £10. Max bonus bet £5. 1st Dep offer is 100% up to £250 100 Bonus spins on Aloha Cluster Pays. Spins expire after 10 days, funds after 30 days. Bonus funds separate to Cash. Wager Req of 35x Deposit Bonus apply. BeGambleAware.org.
New customers only. Max one £10 free bets. Qualifying bets must be placed at odds of 1/1 or greater. Paid as bonus token with min 4/5 odds req. Skrill, Neteller & Paypal not eligible T&Cs apply. 18+
Join and place a £10 fixed odds bet at odds of 1/2 or greater. Once the bet is settled, get a £10 free fixed odds bet plus a £5 free Total Goals football spread bet. The second £10 free fixed odds bet and second £5 free Total Goals football spread bet will be credited 24 hours later. Free bet stakes not included in any winnings from the free fixed odds bets. You need to open a full sports spread betting account to use the 2 x £5 free Total Goals football spread bets. Free bets expire in 28 days if unused. Promotions available to 18+ aged individuals who are registered customers of Spreadex.
New UK, IE & Malta customers only. Min £10/€10 first deposit using Debit Card. Place a bet of £10 at min odds of 1.5. Free bets expire in 90 days. Full T&Cs apply. 18+. BeGambleAware.org.
18+ only. New customers only. Min. deposit of £/€10. Qualifying real money bet of £/€10. Min odds greater than or equal to 1.5 required. E/W bets excluded. Offer credited within 48 hours. Additional T&Cs apply. Please gamble responsibly.
New Customers only. Bet £10* & Get £30* in Free Bets. Sign up, deposit between £5* and £10* to your account and bet365 will give you three times that value in Free Bets when you place qualifying bets to the same value and they are settled. Free Bets are paid as Bet Credits. Min odds/bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. T&Cs, time limits & exclusions apply.
18+ New UK+IRE Customers only. Certain deposit methods & bet types excl. Min first 5 bet within 14 days of account reg at min odds 1/2 = 4x 5 free bets. Free bets valid for 7 days, stake not returned. No cashout, restrictions + T&Cs apply.
Use code COMMFREE to trade with 0% for 60 days OR code SMK20 to get a £20/€20 cash refund. Min. £10/€10 first deposit only using Debit Card or Instant Banking. Cash refund expires in 7 days. Full T&Cs apply.
New Players Only. Min £10 qualifying bets, stake not returned. Free bet - one-time stake of £20, min odds 1.5, stake not returned. 1X wager the winnings. Wager from real balance first. Wager calculated on bonus bets only. Max conversion: £200. Valid for 7 Days from issue. Withdrawal requests voids all active/pending bonuses. Excluded Skrill deposits. Full Terms apply.
*New Players Only. Min £10 qualifying bets, stake not returned. Free bet – one-time stake of £10, min odds 1.5, stake not returned. 1X wager the winnings. Wager from real balance first. Wager calculated on bonus bets only. Max conversion: £200. Valid for 7 Days from issue. Withdrawal requests voids all active/pending bonuses. Excluded Skrill deposits. Full Terms apply.
Automatically credited upon deposit. Cancellation can be requested. First Deposit Only. Min. deposit: £10, max. Bonus £75. Game: Book of Dead, Spin Value: £0.1. WR of 30x Deposit + Bonus amount and 60x Free Spin winnings amount (only Slots count) within 30 days. Max bet is 10% (min £0.10) of the free spin winnings and bonus amount or £5 (lowest amount applies). Spins must be used and/or Bonus must be claimed before using deposited funds. Bonuses do not prevent withdrawing deposit balance. First Deposit/Welcome Bonus can only be claimed once every 72 hours across all Casinos. Bonus Policy Applies. 18+, BegambleAware, Playresponsible, #AD
Sign into your NetBet account Bet up to £10 5 Fold or more or Football with min odds 1/5 per selection. Get a Free Bet if 1 team lets you down up to £10. Once per week. NOTE: Minimum odds per selection 1/5 or more. Free Bets will match the customers stake.
Min deposit £/€/$10 • 🔞. BeGambleAware - https://www.begambleaware.org/ . • A qualifying bet is a ‘real money’ stake of at least £/€/$10 • Min odds 1/2 (1.50) • Free Bets credited upon qualifying bet settlement and expire after 7 days • Free Bet stakes not included in returns • Casino Bonus must be claimed within 7 days • To withdraw bonus/related wins, wager the bonus amount 40 times within 14 days • Casino Bonus expires after 60 days • Withdrawal restrictions, payment methods, country & Full T&C’s apply: read here https://www.888casino.com/promotions/welcome-bonus-offer/#tc
While eSports still has work to do to match more traditional sports, the growth in its popularity means that more and more bettors are keen to learn how and where to find the best eSports betting sites in the UK. Here at MansionBet, we’ve got you covered and we have got down and dirty with the details to uncover the best sites for eSports betting in 2023.
From markets and odds to site safety and the latest betting apps, we have all the information you need and a list of recommended sites that will allow you to take the next steps on your eSports betting adventure. Keep reading to learn more.
How we rank eSports betting sites
MansionBet’s ranking system involves putting numerous eSports betting sites through a stringent set of tests, which allow us to determine who the standout performers in the industry are. We’ve supplied a rundown of some the criteria involved.
- Markets, betting types and odds – Perhaps the most important aspects of eSports betting, we do thorough research on the markets, odds and eSports bet types carried by the bookmakers we analyse.
- Promotions and Bonuses – Finding the right promotions and bonuses is key to developing a long-term relationship with new betting sites and we dissect what’s on offer and tell you whether promos are up to scratch.
- Coverage/Betting variety – eSports is a relatively new addition to the betting game, so finding a bookie that offers comprehensive coverage is a must. We put betting sites through a meticulous review process to ensure standards are high.
- Features – Features like in-play betting, cash out, bet builders and live streaming can greatly enhance the user experience and we have the lowdown on who offers what.
- Mobile/App, Mobile Compatibility – Betting apps have become crucial components for all bettors and the best eSports betting sites should have dedicated applications for their customers.
- Safety and Security – We want our readers to feel safe, secure and fully protected when placing eSports bets and we work to ensure we provide recommended betting sites that pass the safety test.
The list above is not exhaustive and offers just a taste of what we look for during our research. We also rank eSports betting sites based on industry reputation, withdrawal/payout speeds, variety of payment options, free bets, customer support and much more. Keep reading to expand your knowledge.
How do we check
Our step-by-step review and ranking process takes time and we aim to be as open and honest as possible when compiling our rundown of the best eSports betting sites in the UK.
Starting with the careful background checks we perform on all betting sites, we ensure that each bookmaker is fully legit and licenced.
Once we’re happy, we run through the task of opening an account to ascertain what’s involved, including the verification process and any welcome bonuses on offer.
Then, we take the journey any new user would expect to take. We browse markets, place bets, process withdrawals, interact with customer services and wager on betting apps to get a proper feel for the eSports betting product that’s being served up.
Most importantly, we want to push home that MansionBet are a completely independent review service. No profit is gained by us for the inclusion of any of the betting sites we feature. Our sole aim is to inform and you can rest assured that we will never steer you in the wrong direction.
From Pong and Space Invaders to the immersive and jaw-dropping titles of today, video gaming has undergone an incredible evolution over the past 40 years and the growth of online gaming since the Millennium eventually spawned the eSports revolution we’re seeing today.
For many, the eSports world is still shrouded in mystery, however, it is now a billion-dollar industry with household names like CS:GO, Dota 2, League of Legends, Overwatch and Fortnite dominating the space.
The multiplayer online games now have massive professional leagues with teams who compete in tournaments around the world for huge cash prizes. Esports was set to debut in the Olympics in Asia 2022 before the event was postponed, though it should be a staple in the prestigious games from now on.
With its popularity on a firm upward trajectory, eSports betting has hit the mainstream in recent years and betting sites everywhere have been getting in on the action.
Like other sports, punters can enjoy a wide variety of betting markets and eSports bets, with lines that allow you to bet on the outcome of an individual game, on the number of maps there will be or even the first team to record a kill in the many shooter games that feature.
eSports is similar to other types of sports betting in that bettors can analyse stats, form and teams to find patterns worth backing, while tournament ante-post markets that allow you to predict who might win a tournament outright are also carried by eSports betting sites.
Like any new sport, there is a learning curve involved and once up to speed you can place eSports bets on fighting games like Street Fighter and Tekken, Racing games like the big-hitting Formula One and Grand Turismo Sport releases, Sports titles like FIFA and Madden and multiplayer online battle arena games that include League of Legends, Dota 2 and Smite.
Elsewhere, there are also Digital Card games (Hearthstone, Shadowverse), first-person shooters (Doom, Counter-Strike) and real-time strategy games (StarCraft, Warcraft III) to consider, giving eSports betting fans plenty to sink their teeth into.
Top betting sites for eSports
From the most famous brands to lesser-known outfits, we’ve done due diligence on a huge number of betting sites to find you the highest-ranking bookies for eSports betting UK and below, we present MansionBet’s list of best eSports betting sites for 2023.
bet365 are one of the leading brands in the betting industry and Stoke-on-Trent based bookmaker have become a primary source of top eSports betting markets.
- About the bookmaker: Launched in 2020, bet365 are considered an elite member of the betting industry in the UK. Licenced by the UK Gambling Commission, bet365 have a sky-high reputation among punters everywhere.
- Offers: You can land up to £50 in free bets when you sign up and deposit £10 with bet365 and any bonus you receive can be used on the site’s eSports offering.
- Features: Cash out, live streaming, bet builder, fee stats
- Coverage: We clocked over 40 sports on bet365 and the majority of events they cover have extensive markets.
- Mobile: bet365 has betting apps for both iOS and Android users.
- Deposit methods: Visa, Mastercard, Google Pay, PayPal, Apple Pay, paysafecard, Click to pay, Wire Transfer.
- Highlight: eSports streaming is one of bet365’s speciality and you can tune to watch as the action unfolds in a number of tournaments and events.
- To improve: It might seem like a small thing, but bet365’s website design isn’t quite as eye-catching as many of their rivals.
Boylesports are one of the leading independent bookmakers in the UK and eSports betting fans should find plenty to be enthusiastic about with their coverage.
- About the bookmaker: Founded all the way back in 1989, Boylesports have been a staple for football and horse racing punters for decades, though they have followed changing trends and are now a leading light in the eSports betting space.
- Offers: Users can get up to £25 in free bets when they open an account with Boylesports.
- Features: Live streaming, retail betting shops, in-play betting, Fon-a-Bet.
- Coverage: Boylesports provides customers with excellent coverage of all sports including eSports, where you can surf numerous markets from dozens of events daily.
- Mobile: Mobile betting apps are available on Android and iOS with Boylesports.
- Deposit methods: Visa, Mastercard, bank transfer, Skrill, Neteller, PayPal, Paysafecard, Google Pay, Apple Pay, cash at Boylesports shops.
- Highlight: Boylesports combines extensive markets with live streaming options to bring a superb eSports betting experience to their customers.
- To improve: The welcome bonus offered by Boylesports comes laden with irritating restrictions and requirements.
Having already established themselves as a heavy hitter in the online casino industry, LeoVegas UK entered the sports betting sphere more recently.
- About the bookmaker: LeoVegas hit the scene in 2011, though they could be placed among the list of new betting sites in terms of sports. Like their rivals, LeoVegas are licenced by the UK Gambling Commission.
- Offers: New customers can win up to £100 in extra winnings with LeoVegas’ profit boost.
- Features: Leo King, Live Club, Pre-packs, Bet Builder
- Coverage: There are north of 30 different sports on LeoVegas, though we were particularly impressed by the depth of their eSports betting options.
- Mobile: LeoVegas have iOS and Android betting apps available to download for free.
- Deposit methods: Visa, PayPal, Apple Pay, Trustly, Skrill, Neteller, MuchBetter.
- Highlight: The LeoVegas Live Club is an exciting addition. You can earn free bets and monthly cash prizes through live betting with the club.
- To improve: LeoVegas like to push live in-play betting front and centre and it can a bit of a pain to navigate to ante-post markets.
eSports Betting Markets and Betting Types
If you are new to the world of eSports betting, then this next section might be a little confusing, but we’ll do our best to cut through the noise.
The first thing to note is that the betting markets and types for more run-of-the-mill sports where you can bet on match results, goals, cards and so forth don’t really apply to many eSports games beyond titles like FIFA, Pro Evo and Madden.
Instead, markets like maps and kills will accompany win markets in first and third-person shooters, allowing bettors to place eSports bets in a plethora of new and exciting ways.
Some of the most popular eSports bet types for CS:GO for instance include Match Lines, Map Lines, Points Spreads and Kill Totals, though the type of lines available will differ depending on the rules set out in each game.
- Tournament winner – This one is pretty self-explanatory. These types of eSports bets allow you to predict the overall winner of a tournament or competition.
- Match winner – Predict and bet on the outcome of an individual match-up between two players or teams.
- First map – In games like Counter Strike and League of Legends, you can pick a side to win the first map.
- First kill/first blood – Back a player to record the first kill in a first or third-person shooter title.
- Overs/unders – How many maps or kills will there be in total? You decide.
- Most kills – This bet type offers the opportunity to back an individual to post the most kills in a round or map.
- Handicaps – Similar to handicap betting in sports, you can apply a numerical advantage or disadvantage to the player/team of your choice to improve your odds.
How to find the best eSports odds
While eSports betting can be a little different to wagering on more traditional sports, the overall target is the same. Profitability (and fun) is the aim and finding the best odds for your bets can help you to achieve your punting goals.
Once you get your feet under the table with eSports betting, you’ll notice pretty quickly that the odds available for matches and events can vary in price from bookmaker to bookmaker – but don’t let the reams of numbers confuse you!
Instead, view it as an opportunity to find value and the most punch for the contents of your pocket. The bookies that made the cut for MansionBet’s list of best eSports betting sites all come outfitted with some of the most competitive odds around – why else would we include them?
While we recommend you make the most of our research and rankings, it’s also important to become familiar with doing some legwork of your own. Shop around for better prices and seek out the most lucrative odds for your eSports bets.
MansionBet don’t offer any odds comparison services at present, though the availability of strong odds is a major factor in how we rank the betting sites that feature in our guide.
About eSports Bonuses and Promotions
The best bonuses and promotions are the ones that combine generosity with easy playthrough requirements and some betting sites have more balanced offers than others. Below, we’ve analysed what’s on offer in terms of promos with our favourite eSports betting sites.
- bet365 – The £50 in free bets offer you can nab with bet365 is a decent chunk of change but once you’re on-boarded, offers for eSports betting are few and far between. Other sports are much better served and this is an area bet365 could definitely rework. You will find good batches of Bet Boosts on most eSports events however, which serve up enhanced odds ahead of designated contests. You can see the latest Bet Boost on the main eSports betting page on bet365.
- Boylesports – The £25 you can collect with Boylesports after you open your account and follow the qualification procedures arms you with a nice little bankroll to kick off your eSports betting exploits, though the bookmakers’ other promotions are geared towards punters of other sports in the main. Football and horse racing fans in particular will have a wealth of choice when it comes to promos and bonuses with Boylesports, though it would be a huge lift to the eSports betting community if more was aimed in their direction too.
- LeoVegas – LeoVegas’ welcome offer give users a 100% boost on their winnings up to £100 on their initial qualifying £10 bet, while their weekly offers on live sports and accumulator profit boosts can also add spice to your eSports bets.
We found the live sports rewards to be particularly enthralling. Every week, you can claim your digital LVLC Reward Card and once you’re set up, you can pocket free bets or boosts for every five qualifying bets you place on sports via the mobile version.
Best eSports Features
It’s worthwhile to learn about the various tools and features on offer from all eSports betting sites and using the right ones in the correct manner can really augment your overall experience.
The fast-paced world of eSports is hugely exciting where game states can change dramatically on a whim and as such, in-play betting can be an effective feature once you get a handle on how it works.
Combining in-play eSports bets with live streaming can also be constructive and you can make rapid-fire decisions while following the action play-by-play as it unfolds.
Utilising the cash-out feature – which is available with the majority of eSports betting sites we’ve encountered – can also ramp up your chances of profitability.
As we touched on above, games in eSports can be a whirlwind of change and consummate cash-out control when things swing in your favour can help you to fill your pockets before any shifts in momentum.
Safe and Security
MansionBet takes your safety very seriously and we won’t include any eSports betting sites that fall short of our standards in this hugely-important area.
Generally, betting sites will have the security information you need in easy-to-find places and there are several crucial safety steps you should always look out for before opening an account.
First, it’s a good idea to ensure that the bookie is licenced and regulated correctly by the UK Gambling Commission or other relevant body from abroad. That will ensure that their safety standards are constantly monitored.
Arm yourself with information about how the betting sites’ login systems operate and how verification works. This is an area where we like to dig deep ourselves and we also work to determine the security methods and systems that bookmakers apply to banking, deposits and withdrawals.
We also like to find out how your personal data is guarded. Is it as protected as it should be? Do any of our featured betting sites share your information with third parties? Our advice is to be as scrupulous as possible about security and that should help you to avoid any nasty surprises.
eSports app, mobile website, and desktop
The latest statistics and trends show that more and more punters are choosing to play using betting apps instead of standard desktop versions, though there are valid reasons to pick either as your preference.
Betting on a desktop version of a bookmaker gives you lots of lovely, uncluttered space where you can navigate menus and markets more easily, though it does have its drawbacks when it comes to live betting in particular.
This is where mobile betting apps excel and it’s much easier to follow the action from the palm of your hand, taking the need to stay stationary in front of your laptop or PC away completely.
Naturally, screen sizes are way smaller with smartphones and tablets, though all the same features, bonuses and eSports betting options you get with desktop version should be available with the majority of betting apps out there.
If you’re worried about the safety and security side of mobile betting then you should allay your fears. The technology involved is really high end and you can deposit and bet with confidence knowing that you are fully protected.
With a ban on betting apps now lifted, you can download most titles on Google Play, but if you can’t find what you’re looking for, finding direct download links on bookmakers’ official sites is straightforward.
All good eSports betting apps should come equipped with quick access to markets, slick navigation, easy-to-locate bonuses, one-touch live streaming and well-engineered in-play betting mechanisms – and all the outlets featured in our list of best eSports betting sites have betting apps that tick all the right boxes.
eSports Banking Options
Now we move on to banking and the fundamentals you should know about including the types of deposit and withdrawal methods you’re likely to come across during your eSports betting career. Below, we’ve drawn up a list of the most popular methods we found on eSports betting sites.
- Visa/Mastercard – With almost total availability and rapid transaction times, Visa and Mastercard – both debit and credit – are the number one choice for many bettors. There are rarely transaction fees associated with this method.
- Skrill – One of the many digital wallet providers on the market, Skrill allows you to keep all of your card details stored securely in your account. Many eSports betting fans like to use Skrill because it allows them to deposit without entering all those card numbers each time. Security is strong and transaction times are impressive.
- Neteller – Simply put, Neteller is an e-money transfer service that acts as a gateway between you and the vendor. Another digital wallet to consider, Neteller is instant, secure and free.
- PayPal – Anyone with an internet connection has heard of PayPal. Like Skrill and Neteller, PayPal stores your card information and allows you to make transactions through them rather than directly with the bookmaker. It takes a little longer to make deposits due to the whole login process however, while some betting sites don’t accept payments from them at all.
- Google Pay – Google Pay operates in the same way as many of the payment methods featured above. However, Google Pay isn’t nearly as widely accepted by betting sites as their competitors, which can be a bit of a pain if it’s your primary payment method.
- Bank transfer – If you prefer, you can transfer money to your bookmaker account directly from your personal bank account in the form of a standard bank transfer. If you’re in a hurry, this isn’t the method for you however, as this one can take several days to go through. You’re like to encounter fees with bank transfers too.
So, how do you extract those lovey eSports winnings? Luckily, betting sites make the process just as easy to follow as depositing is and most of the time payouts are processed right after your eSport bet lands.
Of course, transaction times in terms of how fast you get your winnings can vary from bookie to bookie and method to method, though some bookmakers like bet365 can process withdrawals to cards almost instantly making it one of the fastest payout merchants around.
Keep an eye out for early payouts too while surfing the markets in the eSports betting realm. These allow you to get paid early on certain events if your bet looks like being a winner.
For example, a bookmaker might offer an early payout on an CS:GO match if one team is a few rounds clear of their opponents with the game’s finish in sight. This allows you to pocket your winnings before the event finishes.
Whether you are new to the game or a seasoned bettor, there are tons of reasons to give eSports betting a crack. With exciting new games and markets to explore, we’re sure that you’ll find eSports a worthwhile addition to your normal betting routine.
MansionBet’s guide has walked you through a number of key aspects to consider when starting your eSports betting journey and we’ve listed our approved list of best eSports betting sites for 2023 to help you on the way.
Remember to do as much of your own research as possible too. From site usability and security to the quality of markets and odds on offer, there are numerous things to scrutinise before taking the plunge, so absorb as much info as you can.
What are some popular eSports betting titles?
There are dozens of popular eSports games and events. Some of the better-known ones are CS:GO, League of Legends, Fortnite, FIFA, Madden, Pokemon, DOTA2, Call of Duty, Warcraft and Overwatch. There are first-person and third-person shooters, real-time strategy games, sports titles, card games, fighting games and multiplayer battle arena games to enjoy.
Is it safe to bet on eSports?
Yes. Like more traditional sports like football and horse racing, eSports is now mainstream and it is as safe to bet on eSports as anything else. All reputable bookmakers offer markets for eSports betting. All of the bookmakers featured in our guide passed our safety and security checks.
What bookmakers can you bet on eSports with?
Every bookmaker worth their salt has extensive eSports coverage, though we recommend checking out the bookies (bet365, Boylesports, LeoVegas) that made our best eSports betting sites rundown to find the best odds, bonuses, markets and more.
Can I cash out my eSports bets?
Yes, provided your initial bet is on track to land you a win, you can avail of the cash out feature offered by bookmakers to extract your winnings early on any eSports bets you place. It’s important to remember that cashing out early will usually involve settling your bet for less than the maximum winnings you’d receive if you waited until the event ended.
Why is eSports so popular?
With exciting action, games played at lightning pace and a huge variety of titles to enjoy, eSports is a departure from traditional pursuits and players of all nations and backgrounds can get involved.
- Betting sites
- eSports Betting Sites