Although I’d heard plenty of positive reviews of SBK sportsbook, I’d never previously experienced their mobile app. SBK is operated by Smarkets, who have a tremendous amount of experience and they’ve earned plenty of respect from UK punters over the past decade. As a mobile-only betting site, SBK is unique and I was looking forward to trying out their highly-rated betting app. As a fan of sharing betting tips, I was also greatly anticipating the opportunity to share my thoughts on upcoming sporting events. Keeping reading to see if SBK lives up to its reputation and find out how to claim £30 in free bets.
SBK Betting Review 2022
SBK Sport Types
- Horse Racing
- Standout Odds
- Auto Acca
- Community Betting Tips
- Simple and Generous Welcome Bonus
- Betting Variety3.5
- Banking Options3.5
- Mobile Experience3.5
- Betting Experience3.5
- Customer Support3.5
SBK Betting Full Review
|Website: http://getsbk.com.uk||Year founded: 2019|
|Company: Smarkets||License & regulation: UK Gambling Commission|
|Contact information: firstname.lastname@example.org||Sponsorship deals: Grade 1 Clarence House Chase, The Lincoln Handicap|
|Address/Headquarters: The Hedge Business Centre, Level 7, Triq Ir-Rampa ta’ San Giljan, Saint Julians, Malta, STJ1062||Customer support: Live Chat, Email, Telephone|
|Features: Cash Out, Live Betting, Bet Builder, Auto Acca, SBK Betting Zone||Payment methods: VISA, PayPal, EcoPayz, Neteller, Skrill, Trustly|
|Owner:||Apps devices: Android and iOS|
SBK Strengths and Weaknesses
If you’re thinking of signing up for an online bookmaker or betting app, then you’ll want to ensure that your chosen site has everything you require. With plenty of new betting sites popping up, it’s always best to ensure that your preferred operator has a decent reputation and that the pros generally outweigh the cons. Here at MansionBet UK, we’ve put together a list of strengths and weaknesses for each online operator.
✔️ SBK Strengths
- Highly Competitive Odds – When it comes to sports betting, the majority of punters simply want to ensure that they are able to accept the best possible odds. Luckily, SBK UK prides itself on having competitive odds with their prices generally being far better than the majority of their rivals. SBK promise to deliver a professional sportsbook and having odds which are significantly better than their fellow betting sites is the perfect way to stand out from the crowd. Whether you’re betting on football, tennis or cricket, you’ll always find the best possible prices with SBK.
- Unique Features – As a mobile only sportsbook, SBK is completely unique and it also offers several exclusive and interesting features. UK punters can save plenty of time each weekend by using Auto Acca, which automatically creates a multiple bet for each user. Although Bet Builders are fairly commonplace, the community aspect of SBK UK is also part of its unique charm. Here, you can share thoughts on upcoming sporting events, add betting tips or check out the predictions from fellow SBK users.
- SBK Betting Zone – As well as having access to a community of like-minded bettors, SBK players can also enjoy the expertise and additional content served up by the Betting Zone. With podcasts, previews and in-depth analysis of upcoming sporting events, this is the perfect way to gain a valuable insight and to improve both your knowledge and betting prowess.
- Superb Navigation and Usability – As we’ve already mentioned a few times in our SBK betting review, this sportsbook is mobile-only and it is a superbly slick and cohesive site. They have designed this app with the user in mind, and it couldn’t be simpler to scroll between markets and take advantage of their various offers and promotions. Everything is laid out in a logical fashion and I found it extremely straightforward to browse betting tips, add my own predictions and place a bet whilst on the move.
❌ SBK Weaknesses
- Lack of live streaming – Although it isn’t always possible for the bookmaker to add live streaming to their site, here at MansionBet UK, we were a little disappointed to find that SBK betting do not offer this service. Their mobile site is fast and modern and with plenty of live betting markets available on a daily basis, the addition of some live sports coverage would take this betting app to the next level.
- Deposit limits on the welcome bonus – Although SBK UK’s welcome bonus is both straightforward and generous, the fact that only deposits made using VISA and ecoPayz are eligible is incredibly disappointing. As a keen e-wallet user, I found it a little inconvenient and I would prefer to see SBK offering all new players the chance to claim the bonus, regardless of their choice of payment method.
- Customer support is not available 24/7 – Although the majority of bettors are unable to need assistance, it’s always nice to know that you can chat to an operative when required. Although SBK offer a plethora of ways to get in touch, they do not offer 24/7 support and if you encountered an issue at 2am, you would probably be required to wait until the morning before firing up the live chat.
Overall, SBK goes above and beyond to ensure that its players have a fantastic and memorable betting experience. There are a few aspects which could easily be improved, however, I enjoyed betting with SBK and found far more positives than negatives. This unique sportsbook delivers a quality product and offered more than enough to keep me coming back for more.
SBK Promotions & Bonuses
Having previous dabbled in Smarkets, I was feeling confident that this mobile-only bookmaker would score highly in my SBK review.
I found it straightforward to download and install and I was able to register my details and sign up for an account within five minutes. The app itself is slick and simple and although it isn’t for everyone, I actually enjoyed the minimalist approach taken by SBK. By the second day of using this sportsbook, I was able to easily navigate between markets and put together an accumulator as well as access tips and predictions from fellow users.
I was able to claim my £30 free bet immediately and having messed around trying to meet the criteria of various welcome bonuses with other online bookmakers, I was pleased with the simplicity of this opening offer.
As a keen user of social tipping services such as OLBG, I was delighted to see that I was able to access tips and predictions from fellow SBK bettors as well as write my own previews for upcoming sporting events. This was a unique feature and a very welcome addition.
I also enjoyed the SBK Betting Zone which offered insight and analysis on a variety of sporting markets and events. This is a relatively recent addition, however, I found that there was always plenty of content to access.
As an accumulator fan, I decided to try out SBK Auto Acca, and although I can see the appeal of this feature, I tend to prefer doing my own research. However, I can understand why this is popular with UK punters. Bet Builder and Cash Out are also popular features which I used regularly throughout my first two weeks of betting with SBK.
When it came to making a deposit, I was pleased to see a variety of methods available including PayPal and upon making a withdrawal, I found very few obstacles in my way. I received my winnings within 36 hours (even though I withdrew on Friday evening!) and this was extremely pleasing.
SBK does not offer 24/7 customer support which was disappointing, however, their live chat service was speedy and efficient and I found the operatives to be friendly and helpful. They also offered support via email and social media.
I really enjoyed betting with SBK. I tend to do the majority of my wagering via mobile apps, so I had no issues with the lack of a desktop site. The social aspect of this app was arguably my favourite thing about this online sportsbook, although there were plenty of positives to pick from.
Is SBK legal in the UK?
SBK is fully licensed and regulated to operate in the UK. Punters have been signing up to their mobile betting app since 2019 and they have carved out a decent reputation when it comes to reliability and trust. They are licensed by the UK Gambling Commission, who carry out regular checks to ensure fair play. They also use SSL Encryption technology to ensure that player details remain protected.
SBK Welcome Package 🎁
Although they aren’t offered by every single online bookmaker, welcome bonuses are a terrific way to get started when you sign up for an account. They can take a variety of forms, however, it’s good to see that SBK have kept it relatively simple. You can use this bonus money to acclimatise to your chosen bookmaker or to simply try out some of their unique features.
SBK Welcome Bonus
How to claim SBK Welcome Bonus
- Visit your chosen App Store and download the SBK betting app
- Download and install the SBK app. Once opened, click on ‘Create Account
- Complete the registration by entering your personal details. Enter the code SBK30 to ensure that you qualify for the welcome bonus.
- Click on the link in your confirmation email to verify your account.
- Once you have selected your preferences, go to your account setting and click on ‘deposit’.
- Deposit at least £10 using VISA or ecoPayz. Your account will be funded immediately.
- Your free bets will be added to your account within 24 hours.
SBK Welcome Bonus Terms and Conditions
Whenever you sign up for a bonus, there are always a number of terms and conditions which must be adhered to. Although SBK is no exception, their list of Ts and Cs isn’t as extensive as many of their rivals:
Minimum deposit £10. Only deposits using VISA or Trustly will qualify for the welcome bonus. Players must enter the code SBK30 upon registering for an account. Free bets expire in 90 days.
SBK Best Sports Features
In order for punters to enjoy the best possible betting experience, bookmakers should offer a variety of features. These can make the difference between an average sportsbook and a top class betting site.
SBK Auto Acca
On a typical weekend during the European football season or on the opening day of Wimbledon, studying the form of each team/player can be a time consuming business. In order to create a winning accumulator, you need to devote plenty of time to studying the form. If you’re short on time, SBK Auto Acca will create a suggested accumulator for you, and if you don’t like it, you can easily pick another. Your Auto Acca is completely randomized, so you never know what you’re going to get. This provides excitement and also cuts back on the hours spent studying the recent form tables.
SBK Cash Out
If your accumulator is in a winning position and you’re starting to become nervous, then SBK Cash Out service is a great way of avoiding a tense final few minutes. You can cash out at any point and the current value can be found on your betting slip. This applies to any market or sport.
SBK Bet Builder
If you’re settling down to watch a match on TV tonight and you want to create the ideal bet to accompany your viewing, then SBK Bet Builder is the perfect to keep across the game. You can add any number of markets to your Bet Builder and with extra options for televised ties, you won’t be short of bets to pick from.
SBK Betting Mobile App
Usually in this section we speak about how the app differs from the desktop site. However, with SBK, everything is geared towards the mobile app. It is easy to download and install and I was able to sign up for an account in under five minutes.
The app is aesthetically pleasing. I have found other mobile betting apps to be clunky and unresponsive, however, I encounter very few issues with SBK.
Although it took me a few days to fully get up to speed, I found that I was able to find the markets that I required, access betting tips and predictions and access SBK Betting Zone at the touch of a button.
As a fan of minimalism, I was pleased that the SBK app wasn’t filled with clutter and although the stripped back design was a little confusing at first, I managed to get to grips with the menus after the first couple of days.
The app feels like it has been professionally designed with punters in mind and although it may be to every bettors’ taste, I found that the more I used it, the more I liked it.
SBK offers a range of deposit and withdrawal options and once you’ve made your first payment, they make it incredibly straightforward to complete future transactions on the app.
SBK offer a range of deposit methods including VISA, PayPal, Neteller, Skrill, ecoPayz, Trustly and Bank Transfer. The minimum deposit for the majority of these methods is £10. Deposits are processed instantly.
Although the majority of options are available, SBK could potentially consider adding Apple Pay or PaySafeCard to its list of payment methods.
Withdrawals are fairly speedy with SBK and as an e-wallet user, I was delighted to receive my winnings within 36 hours of completion. Withdrawals were extremely straightforward to complete and I was able to collect my cash at any time using the excellent mobile app.
SBK Customer Support
Although the majority of UK punters tend to have very few problems when betting with SBK, occasionally, issues may arise. SBK have a detailed FAQ page with each category split into sub-sections.
If the FAQ page doesn’t solve your query, then you can either send an email (responses within 12 hours) or make a phone call. However, the best way to contact SBK is by using their live chat function. This can be found in the account section and is a great way to speak directly to an operative.
I found the operatives to be helpful and professional and although it was harder to follow the progress of the conversation on the smaller screen, we still managed to reach a resolution. The live chat loaded quickly, however, it is disappointing that this isn’t available 24/7.
SBK also tends to interact with its players on social media and offers some support via this method.
Frequently asked questions about SBK
Is SBK fully licensed and regulated?
Yes, SBK has fully licensed by the UK Gambling Commission who carry out regular checks on this bookmaker. They also have a second license which is provided by the Malta Gaming Authority (MGA).
Can I cash out with SBK?
Yes, Cash Out is available on the majority of sporting markets. The prices are constantly updates on the live betting page, so it’s worth checking your betting slip to find your current cash out value.
What is an Auto Acca?
Auto Acca is a unique feature which automatically generates a list of selections to add to your accumulator. You can decide if you agree and it is possible to change it if you aren’t keen on any of these pre-determined choices.
What are the minimum and maximum deposits and withdrawals with SBK?
With the exception of bank transfer (£20) and Trustly (£40), the minimum deposit is currently set at £10. If you’re making a withdrawal, you’ll need to have at least £10 of non-bonus funds in your account.
Can I bet in-play using SBK?
Yes. Although SBK put plenty of emphasis on pre-match markets, you can also bet live in-play on numerous events throughout the week. There are additional markets available on these live betting events.
- SBK Betting Review 2022