Despite having first launched their online sportsbook in 1998, Sportingbet are still relatively under-the-radar compared to the likes of Ladbrokes, Betfair and William Hill. However, they have spent the last 25 years carving out a reputation for offering comprehensive betting opportunities as well as ‘fun and excitement’. They are a betting site which is appealing to both inexperienced bettors and vastly experienced punters and we were looking forward to signing up and getting started. Keep reading our Sportingbet review to find out how to sign up for an account and how to claim up to £50 in free bets by completing their ‘Welcome Challenge’.
Sportingbet Review 2022
Sportingbet Sport Types
- Horse Racing
- Competitive Betting Odds
- Live Streaming
- Cash Out and Build a Bet
- VIP Program
- Betting Variety4.9
- Banking Options4.9
- Mobile Experience4.9
- Betting Experience4.9
- Customer Support4.9
Sportingbet UK Full Review
|Website: sportingbet.com||Year founded: 1998|
|Company: GVC Holding PLC||License & regulation: UK Gambling Commission|
|Contact information: 0800 028 0348||Sponsorship deals: N/A|
|Address/Headquarters: Sportingbet, 3rd Floor. 45 Moorfields, London, EC2Y 9AE||Customer support: Live Chat, Email, Telephone|
|Features: Cash Out, Build a Bet, Live Streaming||Payment methods: VISA, PayPal, ecoPayz, Neteller, Skrill|
|Owner:||Apps devices: Android and iOS|
Sportingbet Strengths and Weaknesses
Most betting sites and apps are highly likely to divide opinion and with each individual punter having vastly different requirements when it comes to placing online bets, it is virtually impossible to produce the perfect platform. Nevertheless, if you’re thinking of signing up for an online betting site, then you’ll want to find an operator largely caters for your individual needs. We’ve picked out the strengths and weaknesses of Sportingbet UK.
✔️ Sportingbet Strengths
- Easy to Navigate Interface and Simple Usability – Although it may deter more experience punters who are seeking something far more complex, Sportingbet’s relatively simple approach is likely to appeal to the majority of bettors. Their site is not flashy, it isn’t packed with colourful images and they don’t overcomplicate the betting process. As a result, it is incredibly straightforward to get started and this manageable and unfussy site is also mirrored in the mobile app.
- Free Bets and Spins with the ‘Welcome Challenge’ – On the face of it, Sportingbet’s ‘Welcome Challenge’ could be viewed as overcomplicated and needlessly complex, however, here at Mansionbet, once we’d drilled down into the details, we were pleased to see that it was relatively straightforward to complete the qualification process. In order to complete the Football Challenge, you must place an accumulator containing 3 or more selections (at odds of 1.50 or greater) whereas you only need to place one in-play bet of £10 or greater in order to qualify for 50% Back-Up Bet Token.
- Live Streaming – It sometimes feels like live streaming is exclusively available with the bigger online bookmakers, however, Sportingbet UK are bucking that trend and proving that any online operator can offer coverage of live events 24/7. Although their schedule is a little quieter than some of their peers, you can still enjoy live football, tennis, table tennis, ice hockey and snooker on a regular basis.
❌ Sportingbet UK Weaknesses
- Customer Support isn’t available 24/7 – Although Sportingbet’s customer support is decent enough, it isn’t available around the clock and this can be a source of frustration for many UK punters. Players tend to place bets around the clock and problems may arise at any time. However, Sportingbet’s live chat service is only available between 9am and 9pm. Their email service is efficient and there is also a dedicated telephone live, however, you are unlikely to receive a response until the following morning if you make contact overnight.
- App is prone to freezing – Although I actually found Sportingbet to have one of the more enjoyable betting apps overall, I was left frustrated by its tendency to freeze and restart at crucial moments. Luckily, this didn’t happen as I was placing a live in-play bet, however, relocating your chosen market following the app’s closure was a little disappointing.
- Sportsbook and Casino are only available on separate apps – Another app related gripe is that you cannot access Sportingbet UK’s online casino without downloading a separate app. As someone who is conscious of the lack of storage on my iOS device, I found this a little frustrating. Most online betting sites allow you to use the same wallet and flick between the sportsbook and casino on the same app, however, this wasn’t the case with Sportingbet UK.
Overall, Sportingbet UK ticks a lot of boxes. The lack of 24/7 customer support is the biggest issue, however, there are ample positives including the superb range of sports betting markets and competitive odds. If you’re searching for an online sportsbook which offers live streaming, superb features and the chance to claim up to £50 of free bets, then this established and experienced operator has plenty to offer.
Sportingbet UK Review
Here at Mansion Bet, we have many years of experience in the industry and have seen various online sportsbook come and go. Some of them have gone out with a bang whereas others have quietly disappeared with very little fanfare. However, it is surely testament to Sportingbet UK that they have been able to stick around for over two decades and continue to a deliver a consistent and high quality sportsbook and casino.
Throughout our time composing this Sportingbet review, we found that this online operator consistently delivered when it came to sports markets and odds. We found everything that we were looking for and very rarely found better odds elsewhere. Their A-Z list of sports is highly impressive with Biathlon, Chess and Lacrosse perhaps surprisingly listed amongst this comprehensive catalogue of sporting events. They also offer eSports betting and various political as well as TV and film specials throughout the course of the year.
Although some punters may be deterred by the seemingly complicated nature of their welcome bonus, Sportingbet have made it relatively straightforward to complete the ‘Welcome Challenge’ and having taken the time to read the Ts and Cs, we found that it wasn’t overly taxing. Players must place a variety of bets (in-play, accumulator, any football market etc) within 30 days of opening an account in order to take advantage of their welcome package. Unless, this isn’t likely to appeal to every single bettor, we found that with the exception of ‘The Casino Challenge’, it was a relatively straightforward request and we were happy to oblige in order to receive our free bets.
Sportingbet offer their players a variety of ways to fund their account and we were reasonably impressed by this list. Although the addition of Apple Pay and Bitcoin may be something that they could potentially consider going forward, we found that the variety of e-wallets and pre-paid cards sat happily alongside popular methods such as VISA. The deposit process was straightforward and because we used PayPal, it took just 48 hours to receive our winnings.
As keen football bettors, the addition of a Bet Builder function was right up our street, and we enjoyed mixing and matching our markets accordingly. However, the best feature offering by Sportingbet UK is Live Streaming. We enjoyed watching several live events whilst simultaneously placing bets on markets such as ‘Next team to score’. The pictures were high quality (no grainy images!) and were also accessible via the mobile app.
Sadly, one of the biggest disappointments was the customer support offered by Sportingbet. Although there are plenty of options (and the telephone and email services were very helpful), the live chat function was a bit of a let-down. It is only available from 9am to 9pm and we were forced to speak to a bot prior to being connected to an advisor. With a number of security questions also thrown into the mix, it took longer than expected to resolve our query and this was significantly slower than we’d experienced with other online betting sites.
Overall, Sportingbet UK delivers on its promise of ‘creating fun and excitement’ and there is almost certainly a ‘unique live feeling’ to its in-play markets. We enjoyed the range of features, the highly competitive odds and the copious sporting markets which were available on a daily basis. With the exception of below-par customer support (live chat), there is plenty to like about this online sportsbook and if you’re looking for your first-ever online sportsbook, then Sportingbet UK comes highly recommended.
Is Sportingbet legal in the UK?
Sportingbet UK is one of the most established betting sites in the UK and has a longstanding reputation for offering a safe and enjoyable way to place bets. It is fully licensed by the UK Gambling Commission (54743) and they carry our regular checks to help ensure fair play is taking place.
Sportingbet’s Welcome Package 🎁
Welcome bonuses are part and parcel of signing up to an online bookmaker. Players tend to be rewarded for their commitment with the majority of these bonuses awarded upon the completion of an initial deposit or settled bet. Sportingbet UK are currently offering all new users the chance to claim up to £50 in free bets, however, their welcome bonus is a little different to the majority of online UK betting sites:
Sportingbet’s Welcome Bonus
The Welcome Challenge has been split into four different bonuses. Crucially, there is no requirement to complete all four of these challenges. These challenges are: The Football Challenge (20 Free Spins and an Odds Boost), The Acca Challenge (A free bet of up to £10), The In-Play Challenge (A back-up bet of up to £10) and The Casino Challenge (A £10 Casino Bonus).
If you manage to complete all four challenges, you will receive an additional £20 free bet.
How to Claim Sportingbet UK’s Welcome Bonus
- Click the blue ‘register’ button on the right-hand side of the home page.
- Complete the registration by submitting your personal details and picking a username and memorable password.
- Await a confirmation email and click the link to verify your account.
- Follow the instructions to complete each of the four challenges. You may complete these challenges in any order.
- Place a £10 bet on any football market in order to complete the Football Challenge. Place an accumulator containing three or more selections at odds of at least 1.50. Place a £10 bet on any in-play market at odds of at least 1.50. Finally, wager £50 or more on any casino game.
- Your rewards will be added to your account upon the completion of each challenge.
Sportingbet UK’s Welcome Bonus Terms and Conditions
You must place the eligible bets for each respective challenge in order to qualify for this welcome bonus. Challenges are available for 30 days. Free bets will expire within 3 days. Stake will be removed from any winnings. Cashed out bets will be exempt from the promotion.
Sportingbet UK’s Best Sports Features
When it comes to deciding which online bookmaker to sign up for, features can greatly affect the decision-making process. Each online bookmaker will have different variations of popular features and it’s always advised to prioritise these in order of importance before completing the sign-up process.
Sportingbet Cash Out
If your weekend accumulator bet is in a winning position and you’re just minutes away from a significant payout, then you’ll want to ensure that you avoid any potential last-minute heartache. Cash Out allows you to collect your winnings, even if one or two legs of your accumulator are still in-play. Unfortunately, Sportingbet UK don’t offer partial cash out, however, the cash out process is extremely straightforward and the value can be found on your betting slip.
Sportingbet Live Streaming
If you’re placing in-play bets, it’s always advised to closely follow your chosen event in order to spot any sudden shifts in momentum. Luckily, Sportingbet’s live streaming service offers you the chance to watch hundreds of live sporting events each week. Whether you follow football, table tennis, volleyball, tennis, snooker or ice hockey, there are plenty of live streaming options and you only need to have a positive account balance in order to access these high-quality streams.
Sportingbet Bet Builder
Sadly, the Bet Builder function is currently restricted to football markets, however, it is a great way of constructing your perfect bet ahead of the big game. If you’re settling down in front of the TV and you fancy mixing and matching your markets, then this is the perfect way to keep across all of the action.
Sportingbet UK’s Mobile Apps
Here at Mansionbet UK, we’re fully aware that the majority of modern bettors now tend to place the majority of their wagers via their smartphone or tablet. As a result, producing a high-quality mobile app is vitally important. Luckily, Sportingbet has done exactly that.
It is extremely straightforward to download and install with the entire process taking less than minutes to complete. We enjoyed the simplicity of the mobile app and it has many similarities to its desktop equivalent. This level of continuity is important.
Although we enjoyed the clutter-free nature of the mobile app, we were irked by one of two technical gremlins which resulted in the sudden closure of the app. Although this failed to spoil our enjoyment of betting with Sportingbet UK, it did leave us a little frustrated.
Nevertheless, there is a vast array of markets available on the mobile app and you can also enjoy features such as Cash Out, Bet Builder and Live Streaming on your handheld device.
If you’re craving simplicity then this mobile app is perfect. Although it is ideal for newcomers, as experienced bettors, we enjoyed betting with Sportingbet UK and were unable to pick out too many faults with this unfussy, yet highly polished mobile app.
When it comes to banking options, Sportingbet UK has a fairly solid list of options available. Whether you’re happy to deposit using your VISA debit card or whether you prefer the relative anonymity of using an e-wallet, the majority of financial situations are catered for.
It is extremely straightforward to make a deposit and accounts are funded instantly.
When it comes to making a withdrawal, Sportingbet UK made it relatively straightforward to complete this process. Although their withdrawal times are fairly standard, we were delighted to receive our winnings within 48 hours using an e-wallet. However, if you opt to withdraw using a different method, you may have to wait up to five business days. However, in some cases, VISA users may be eligible for the Faster Funds Pay-out and this enables transactions to be completed within a couple of hours.
Although they could potentially add one or two additional methods (Apple Pay and Bitcoin), depositing and withdrawing with Sportingbet UK is exceptionally straightforward.
Sportingbet UK’s Customer Support
Regrettably, Sportingbet UK’s customer support is one of its weakest areas. Although the email service is speedy and efficient, the live chat function is disappointing and only operates for 12 hours. In addition, you often speak to a bot before being connected to an operative.
Nevertheless, the operatives are friendly and professional in our experience, however, they aren’t readily available and it often takes a while to resolve queries due to the lack of availability.
If you prefer to use their dedicated telephone line, then this is a far more preferential way to speak directly to an operator.
Frequently asked questions about Sportingbet UK
Is it safe to place bets with Sportingbet UK?
Yes, it is perfectly safe to sign up for an account and begin placing bets with Sportingbet UK. They are fully licensed by the UK Gambling Commission and have been operating in this country for over two decades. They also use 256-bit encryption to help protect player details.
What sports can I bet on?
Sportingbet UK have put together an extensive list of sports, competitions and leagues and the full A-Z list can be found on their home page. They also offer eSports betting alongside specials including political markets and the chance to wager on upcoming award ceremonies such as the BAFTAs and the Brit Awards.
How long do withdrawals take to complete?
Although it depends on your chosen payment method, the majority of withdrawals will be completed within 3-5 business days. If you use e-wallets such as Neteller or PayPal, this process tends to be far quicker and winnings may be received within 48 hours.
Which deposit methods are available?
Sportingbet UK offer a wide variety of payment methods including VISA, PayPal and Skrill. These sit alongside PaySafeCard, Trustly and PromoCode. The majority of these methods (with the exception of PaySafeCard) are also available for withdrawals.
Is there an app that I can download?
Yes, the app is compatible with both iOS and Android devices and it can be downloaded from a variety of stores. You can sign up for an app, make a deposit and complete the ‘Welcome Challenge’ using the mobile version of the site.
- Sportingbet Review 2022