MagicRed Casino hasn’t had the smoothest ride to get where it is today. After initially launching in 2014, it shut down two years in 2016 before it was acquired by AG Communications and relaunched as we know it today. No matter what happened in the past, the site is now better than ever, with over 1000 great games to play. The site is fully licensed by the UK Gambling Commission and Malta Gaming Authority, so you can be sure the site is secure. Multiple currency options are available, including GBP, CAD, USD, and EUR; however, the site is only available in English. We at MansionBet UK wanted to check this site out and see why it’s become so popular, so I’ve been testing the site and gathering information to give you this comprehensive Magic Red Casino review.
MagicRed Casino Review
- Well-optimised mobile website
- Hundreds of casino games
- Large number of game providers
- State-of-the-art player protection tools
- Helpful customer support team
- Licensed by the UKGC and the Malta Gaming Authority
- Attractive ongoing promotions
- Great slot selection
- Withdrawal fees
- Customer support is not available 24/7
- Fees for Visa and PayPal deposits
- Low welcome bonus
Magic Red Casino Review
MagicRed Casino Overview
MagicRed Casino goes for a substance-over-style approach to its website, as it’s not something that’s going to grab your attention or draw you in, but it does a good job of showcasing its games. The red and white colour scheme looks nice enough but is a bit bland compared to some of the other casino sites on the market.
Part of the problem with its design is that it lacks certain features that you’d expect from an online casino site. While you can easily scroll through the site and see the games they offer, they’re missing some of the categories you’d usually expect to see, such as table games and roulette games. Another small issue is that the search function and the option to switch between regular and live casino games are at the top of the page rather than next to the games, making it harder to find. Overall, the design leaves a lot to be desired, but it can make up for this by excelling in other areas.
MagicRed Casino Game Types
One of the most important aspects of any online casino is its game types; after all, if there aren’t good games to play, you won’t want to sign up! There are over 1000 unique games available at MagicRed, but some casino fans will be disappointed by the lack of classic table game options.
- Online Slots - It’s easy to see that the main focus of MagicRed casino is its online slots catalogue. They have hundreds of online slots, including fan favourites such as Starburst, Book of Dead, and Big Bass Bonanza.
- Live Casino - As well as an impressive slots library, there are plenty of live casino games available at MagicRed casino. You can play classic casino games such as blackjack and roulette or modern games such as Lightning Dice and Crazy Time.
- Table Games - One area where MagicRed casino is lacking is in its classic table games. There are very few roulette options that aren’t live casino games, and there are only a handful of traditional blackjack games to choose from.
MagicRed Casino Bonuses and Promotions
Another important aspect of online casinos is their bonuses and promotions. These bonuses are often cited as one of the main reasons players sign up for online casino sites, so any casino site worth its salt needs to have enticing promotions to attract players. While the welcome bonus isn’t great, MagicRed Casino makes up for it with its ongoing promotions.
The welcome bonus is arguably the most important bonus for an online casino site, as that’s the one that attracts new players to the site. The MagicRed welcome bonus is a 100% matched deposit bonus of up to £25, plus 25 free spins on the Starburst slot. Compared to other casino bonuses that offer more spins and a higher deposit bonus, it doesn’t look great. There is also a 50x wagering requirement for any bonus funds, so it’s arguable as to whether it’s even worth taking this bonus!
Magic Spins Tuesday
This casino bonus is one for the slots fans. You can earn up to 30 free spins on the Starburst slot every Tuesday by making three deposits of £20 or more using the MagicRed bonus code STARspins. Players are awarded 10 free spins for every deposit of £20 or more up to a maximum of three deposits, so if you like to play slots, we’d recommend waiting until Tuesday to top up your account. Bonuses like these are a nice way to give a little more value when adding to your bankroll.
Live Casino Weekend
If you want to end your week on a high, you can take advantage of MagicRed’s Live Casino Weekend, which offers 10% cashback up to £20 on live casino losses that occur between Saturday and Sunday. To qualify for this promotion, simply deposit £20 or more with the MagicRed promo code LiveBoost. What makes this promotion so good is the lack of wagering requirements on the cashback, meaning you’re free to withdraw it as soon as the money hits your account!
MagicRed Banking Options
If you want to take advantage of some of the promotions at MagicRed, you’ll need to make a deposit. Luckily, the banking options at MagicRed are extensive, with some of the industry’s most popular payment methods available to use. However, MagicRed charges fees for all withdrawals and some deposits, so be mindful of that before signing up.
- PayPal - PayPal is one of the most popular payment methods in the casino industry, thanks to its rock-solid security and fast withdrawal times. While it’s still great for fast withdrawals, a 2.5% fee is applied to every deposit and withdrawal, which makes it a less-than-optimal payment method at this casino.
- Visa & Mastercard - These two debit card providers are arguably the two biggest names in the industry and are popular thanks to their convenience and security measures. However, there is also a 2.5% fee for every deposit and withdrawal at MagicRed.
- Instant Banking - This payment method offers you the convenience of a bank transfer without the long waits that are often associated with them. You can make instant deposits and withdrawals directly from your bank account safely and securely.
The fee that MagicRed charges for each withdrawal will vary from provider to provider, but the average withdrawal fee sits at around 2.5%, which is going to hurt if you make a lot of withdrawals! We recommend only withdrawing whenever necessary to avoid getting stung by these fees. Before making a withdrawal, you must verify your account to comply with KYC protocols.
MagicRed Casino Games Software Providers
While having a large number of games is important, having a diverse group of game providers is just as important. Many game providers tend to release slight variations on the same game, so if a casino site only has one or two game providers, you’ll find the content gets old fast. MagicRed casino has many renowned software providers offering games on their site, so you’ll always have plenty of choices.
- NetEnt - Arguably one of the industry’s best online slot providers, NetEnt has been creating high-quality casino games for over 20 years. There are plenty of fan favourites available to play at MagicRed, including SuperStars, Starburst, and Fruit Shop.
- Pragmatic Play - Another highly regarded online slot developer, Pragmatic Play is well known for its top-quality slots with amazing designs and features. You can play exciting titles such as Wolf Gold, Sweet Bonanza, Buffalo King and many more at MagicRed.
- Evolution Gaming - If you’re a fan of live casino games, you’ll love what Evolution Gaming has to offer. They provide dozens of fantastic live casino games to MagicRed, with classic titles such as blackjack and roulette, as well as modern games such as Deal or No Deal and Crazy Time.
MagicRed Safety and Trust
We take player security extremely seriously at MansionBet UK; we always do our due diligence on every casino we review, and that’s exactly what we’ve done with our MagicRed review. We aim to only recommend safe and secure sites to ensure that you get the best playing experience possible.
MagicRed Casino is fully licensed and regulated by both the UK Gambling Commission and the Malta Gaming Authority, two of the most respected authorities in the industry. To obtain a license from either authority, companies must pass stringent tests and pay a substantial amount of money, so for MagicRed to have a license from both of them, you can tell they’re a legitimate operation.
As MagicRed is a European company, it must comply with GDPR, which ensures the safety of player data. The site does this by using state-of-the-art 128-bit SSL encryption technology and the latest firewalls to ensure that your data remains secure.
MagicRed Mobile Site and App
Instead of developing a dedicated mobile app for its players, MagicRed Casino has focused on developing a mobile-optimised website that can be used from any device. This means you don’t have to download an app to play on the go; you can just browse the website from your phone. Just make sure that you’re using a modern web browser if you want to enjoy all of the games available on the website.
I found the site to be really easy to use, as everything was clearly laid out and well-proportioned on the smaller screen. The icons and text were large enough to read but not so large that they dominated the whole screen. In fact, I’d say the site looks better on mobile devices than it does on PCs, as the limited space removes the large white spaces that you see when playing from your computer.
MagicRed Casino Registration
Signing up for MagicRed Casino is simple, and you can get your account up and running in under a minute! To ensure the process is as smooth as possible, we’ve created a handy guide to help you through it.
- Click on the red “Join” button on the top right-hand side of the page.
- Enter your email address and create a username and password for your account.
- Enter your name, gender, date of birth, home address, and mobile phone number in the boxes provided. You must also choose the currency you will be using for your account.
- Choose your marketing preferences, tick the box to accept the terms and conditions, and confirm that you are at least 18 years old. If you have a bonus code for MagicRed Casino, you can enter that code on this screen.
- Once you have filled out your information, click the red “Open Account” button at the bottom of the window.
It’s just that easy; you’ve now made your very own MagicRed Casino account!
MagicRed Customer Support
A good customer support team is the backbone of any great online casino site. You need to know that there will be someone there to help you if anything goes wrong or if you just have a burning question about the site that needs answering!
MagicRed casino has a live chat team, an email team, and an extensive FAQ section. In fact, the FAQ section was helpful enough that I didn’t even need to speak to the support team that often!
When I did speak to the support teams, I found them to be incredibly helpful with any query I had. It often took less than a minute to be connected to the live chat team, so I’d recommend speaking to them if your query is urgent. The email team took longer to respond, usually taking a few hours to get back to me.
Both teams are available seven days a week between the hours of 08:00 CET and 00:00 CET.
What We Think About MagicRed Casino
Overall, MagicRed has a lot of good things going for it, but it lets itself down in key areas. The number of games available to play is fantastic, and the sheer number of game providers means you’re unlikely to get bored anytime soon. However, the deposit and withdrawal fees for using some of the most popular payment methods somewhat detract from the enjoyment. While the welcome bonus isn’t particularly inspiring, it redeems itself with its generous ongoing promotions. If you’ve tried all the big sites and are looking for somewhere new to play, there’s a lot to like about MagicRed Casino, so why not check it out for yourself?
- Betting sites
- MagicRed Casino Review