La Liga is home to some of football’s most powerful clubs and with a reputation for cutting-edge tactical and technical play, it’s one of the game’s best-loved domestic competitions.
The Best La Liga Betting Sites for 2023
The football betting fraternity ranks La Liga as one of the most exciting leagues to bet on and punters have almost limitless options to choose from when searching for La Liga betting markets.
With so many betting sites to choose from, it can often be tricky to identify the best place to get the most value for your hard-earned cash, however, here at MansionBet, we’ve done hours of research to bring you the best La Liga betting sites you need to know about in 2023.
How we rank the best La Liga betting sites
We perform a comprehensive set of tests to determine whether or not a bookmaker deserves a spot in our list of best La Liga betting sites. Below, you can learn a little more about some of the criteria we assess.
- Markets, betting types and odds – This should always be a primary area for investigation and we’ve done lots of heavy lifting to keep you informed about the best La Liga betting markets, betting types and odds on offer.
- Promotions and Bonuses – Want to know more about the incentives on offer? We’ve got you covered with a detailed examination of the offers, bonuses and promos available with bookies.
- User Experience – How does the whole package stack up? From look and feel to reliability and functionality, we walk you through the user experience from entry to exit with our preferred vendors.
- Features – We find and present the key features including (in-play bets, cash-out and bet builders) that can make your La Liga betting experience a much more satisfying one.
- Mobile/App, Mobile Compatibility – Like to bet on the go? We’ve got the lowdown on where you can find the top betting apps for all the action in La Liga.
- Customer Support – Reliable customer service that can hear and action your questions and queries in a timely, professional manner is a must. We give you the ins and outs about what you can expect with our favoured bookies.
The list above is far from exhaustive and there are other facets that we like to analyse before offering our best La Liga betting sites verdict. Expect to read about banking, industry reputation, security, safety and more as you continue to read.
How do we check
You’re probably aware that MansionBet was a leading bookmaker in the UK before we made the transition to an independent bookie review service and we have the industry knowhow to sort the good betting sites from the bad.
Initially, we like to start with a full background check of the sites we analyse, which includes a look at the legitimacy of the company and how their licences are issued.
The next step usually involves a test of the standard processes which could include account opening, depositing, betting, accessing customer service and actioning payments and withdrawals.
We try to delve into every area involved in football betting to try to develop a fuller understanding about the qualities of both old and new betting sites jostling for your cash.
After we distil the information, we can present the list of best La Liga betting sites we’ve encountered and there is one other important thing to note – we are completely independent and MansionBet does not profit from the inclusion of ANY of the bookmakers we review or feature.
We pride ourselves on the openness and honesty of our ranking process and we only present the best betting sites as options for our readers.
Best bookies for La Liga Betting
Our research is thorough and we’re confident that the bookmakers presented in our rundown of the best betting sites for La Liga in 2023 below contains the highest-calibre operators around for your Spanish football betting needs.
As one of the biggest names in football betting, bet365 offer a top end service to their customers with a comprehensive La Liga package to enjoy.
- About the bookmaker: Since their launch in 2020, bet365’s rapid rise has made them an industry leader and one of betting’s most instantly recognizable brands. Licenced by the UK Gambling Commission, bet365 offer a service to match their reputation.
- Offers: New customers can get a mammoth £50 in free bets when they sign up and deposit £10, which is enough to give your La Liga betting journey a decent kick start.
- Features: Bet builder, edit bet, live streams, cash-out.
- Coverage: There are 40+ sports to bet on with bet365 and their La Liga coverage is second to none.
- Mobile: Betting apps are available to download for both iOS and Android users.
- Deposit methods: Visa, Mastercard, ApplePay, GPay, PayPal, paysafecard, Click to pay, Wire Transfer.
- Highlight: Live betting is bags of fun with bet365. There are dozens of markets, options and a huge catalogue of live streamed events.
To improve: The website is a little tired and date looking and could do with a makeover.
Wielding a combination of experience and innovation, Betzone pack enough punch to impress La Liga betting fans
- About the bookmaker: An offshoot of famed bookie Stan James, Betzone have been in the game since 1973. They are fully licenced by the UK Gambling Commission and their knowledge of how to keep punters happy means they are a great place to bet on La Liga.
- Offers: New registrants can pocket up to £60 in free bets with Betzone’s welcome offer.
- Features: Cash out, in-play betting, Safe Zone, weekly promotions.
- Coverage: Our research uncovered 30+ sports on Betzone, though their football betting options for La Liga and other competitions stood out as the deepest.
- Mobile: Betzone have betting apps available for both Android and iOS users.
- Deposit methods: Visa, MasterCard, Maestro.
- Highlight: Betzone’s slick website and smooth navigation help to simplify the entire La Liga betting adventure.
- To improve: With limited deposit methods, Betzone don’t have as many ways to fund your account as you might find with their competitors.
Britain Bet fall into the new betting sites category, though they have already laid some promising groundwork and a top La Liga betting service awaits for new customers.
- About the bookmaker: Britain Bet was founded as recently as 2020 and is licenced by the UK Gambling Commission. With layers of options for La Liga fans and a great stable of promotions, Britain Bet is worth checking out.
- Offers: Get a £10 free bet when you deposit a minimum of £10.
- Features: Live Multiview, bet builder, Britain Bet’s Wager Wars
- Coverage: Britain Bet’s overall sports coverage could definitely be stronger, however, football betting markets there are massive in scope and La Liga punters will be thrilled about what’s on offer.
- Mobile: Britain Bet are in the betting apps space, however, their mobile app is available for Android users only.
- Deposit methods: Visa, PayPal, PayViaPhone, Trustly, Apple Pay, MuchBetter, Paysafecard, ecoPayz.
- Highlight: Football is the primary focus at Britain Bet and this is reflected in the excellent La Liga coverage we found.
- To improve: There aren’t any live streaming options with Britain Bet and if you’re looking to bet on sports beyond football, you might be disappointed.
In the game over 30 years, Sportingbet have honed their product to tailor to even the most demanding of La Liga bettors out there.
- About the bookmaker: Launched in 1998 and licenced by the British Gambling Commission, Sportingbet bring plenty to the table in the football betting space.
- Offers: You can grab up to £50 in free bets with Sportingbet by completing the ‘Welcome Challenge’.
- Features: Live streaming, bet builder, acca builder, multi generator.
- Coverage: With great prices, numerous options and superb in-play features, Sportingbet should be a firm favourite with football betting connoisseurs.
- Mobile: Punters who prefer betting apps can download Sportingbet’s, though it’s only available on Android at present.
- Deposit methods: VISA, PayPal, ecoPayz, Neteller, Skrill.
- Highlight: We enjoyed the unique Welcome Challenge and the subsequent promotions that were available.
- To improve: Customer support isn’t available 24/7 and the Sportingbet app isn’t as stable as other betting apps.
How to start betting on La Liga
To get up and running on most betting sites, the process is generally quite similar and straightforward.
The first step you’ll need to take is to open an account with a bookmaker so you can wager on La Liga. We suggest giving the bookies in our list of recommendations a try.
Once you’re registered, you can choose a welcome bonus if applicable and from there it should be relatively easy to navigate to the football section, where the La Liga betting markets are housed.
Next, you’ll need to add your desired selection to your betting slip, enter your stake amount and click the relevant button to confirm your bet. That’s it!
There are sometimes some other steps to follow, depending on which betting sites you use, however, your entry to exit journey should always be more or less the same.
Is it legal betting on the La Liga
Yes. Punters can rest assured that it is fully legal to bet on La Liga in the UK. The UK Gambling Commission is tasked with regulating and licencing bookmakers that operate here, ensuring that everything is above board.
Contacting customer support
It’s always savvy to be aware of how the customer service channels offered by any betting sites you use. Generally speaking, you’ll discover combinations of email, contact form, phoneline, FAQ and live chat customer service options at most bookies, though response times and opening hours can differ from bookie to bookie. If you ever hit any roadblocks or run into any issues when betting, accessing customer support is the best and quickest way to get sorted.
La Liga Betting Markets and Betting Types
The variety of bet types and La Liga betting markets on offer alters from bookmaker to bookmaker, with some offering more depth and more niche options than others.
However, there are some familiar staples that you can expect to find at the majority of betting sites you peruse. Below, we’ve compiled at list of common betting markets and types that you should make yourself familiar with.
- Match Result – This one is pretty run-of-the-mill. Predict the outcome of a football fixture by selecting home win, away win or draw.
- Both Teams to Score – BTTS allows you to profit from goals. If both teams find the net in your game of choice, then you win! The outcome of the game in terms of result is irrelevant. Be wary though, only 49% of La Liga matches in 2021/22 produced goals at both ends.
- Correct Score – This bet type generally comes with much bigger odds and for good reason. With a correct score bet, you are predicting the final scoreline of a fixture, though it’s a very tricky one to land.
- Over/Under 2.5 Goals – One of the most popular markets with La Liga bettors, it’s your job to determine whether over or under 2.5 goals will be scored in a game. You can also choose over/under 3.5, 4.5 or even 5.5 if you prefer.
- Handicap Results – With handicap betting, you can back a favourite with a deficit (-1.0 goal, -2.0 etc) or an underdog with an advantage (+1.0, +2.0 etc). For your bet to land, your team must cover the handicap. For example, if you backed Real Madrid -1.0 against Real Betis, Los Blancos would have to win by at least two goals for your bet to win.
- La Liga outright winner – With this longer-term market, you get to predict the eventual winner of La Liga. Real Madrid are the current champions in Spain having lifted the title in 2021/22.
La Liga Odds
When you strip away the bells, whistles and fancy features, you can boil football betting right down to a few really important aspects and odds rank right up there with the most crucial things all punters should consider.
The better the odds, the more lucrative your winning bets will be – it’s that simple. With the right methods and some shopping around, you can often uncover the bets prices for different La Liga betting markets at a range of betting sites.
It’s unlikely that you’ll find a single bookmaker that beats the competition for odds pricing and value for every bet you want to pursue, so it’s a good idea to get comfortable with browsing.
There are some really useful odds comparison sites around that allow you to see odds displayed from dozens of bookmakers in one place, making it easier to spot the best prices, so make sure to check those out.
Here at MansionBet, we don’t offer a service like that at the moment, however, we do buckets of research into the odds offered by all the bookmakers we rank and we only include the companies that offer punters prime prices for La Liga betting markets and beyond.
La Liga Features
We’ve assembled a list of some of the top La Lig betting sites around and each bookie in our rundown comes equipped with an armload of exciting features that can really enhance your punting experience.
The features on the menu will vary depending on the bookmaker you choose to spend your money with, though in-play betting is one of the most readily available. With live in-play wagering, you can bet on events as they happen and with constantly shifting odds and the state of play changing on a whim, there is lots of fun to be had.
Elsewhere, accumulator boosts are also excellent features to look out for. With acca boosts, you can potentially boost your winnings from successful multi-part selections.
Generally speaking, the more legs (or matches) you include on your slip, the higher the percentage of the boost will be. This can add a great layer of excitement and profitability to La Liga betting if handled in the right way.
Safe and security
At MansionBet, we know just how crucial it is to feel safe and secure while punting and every bookmaker included on our list of bet La Liga betting sites has been given our stamp of approval.
From banking safety and login robustness to identity verification and mobile betting, we’ve performed rigorous tests on all the betting sites we feature, and you can rest assured that we would NEVER include an untrustworthy entry on our index.
Having the proper protection is paramount while betting online and being clued up on the right information makes you a smarter punter.
Before signing up with any new betting sites, there are several questions you should always consider. Are the encryption processes strong? How does the bookmaker control my personal data? Are payments and withdrawals processed through safe and secure gateways? How robust are the login safety structures?
We both asked and answered all of those questions and more during our research and all the bookmakers who made the cut in our guide have best-in-class site safety and security.
Best La Liga Bonuses and Promotions
From welcome offers to free bets and price boosts to La Liga specials, there are huge numbers of lucrative offers to enjoy online and most can be applied to La Liga betting markets. Below, we’ve gathered a selection of outstanding betting offers and promos from our highest-rated bookmakers. We’ve also highlighted one not-so-great offer…
- bet365 – New customers can claim up to a whopping £50 in free bets with bet365 if they open an account and make an initial £10 qualifying deposit. With that pocketed and other promos like bet365’s soccer acca boosts to enjoy, you’ll have plenty in your armoury to take on the La Liga betting markets.
- Betzone – A lovely welcome bonus of up to £60 should swell your bankroll nicely with Betzone and we also recommend checking out their always innovative daily free bet specials.
- Britain Bet – A £10 free bet looks a little limp when compared to the other offers on our list and we are also disappointed to report that Britain Bet also compare unfavourably in terms of other promos once you’re on board.
- Sportingbet – If you sign up and complete the “Welcome Challenge”, you can nab up to £50 in free bets with Sportingbet. Once you’re through the gate, you’ll find other footy promos to enjoy, most of which can be utilised on La Liga betting markets.
Below, we’ll break down some of the most popular deposit, withdrawal and banking options you’re likely to encounter while betting on La Liga on most betting sites. It’s always canny to brush up on what options are open to you on any site you’re considering embarking on a betting adventure with.
- Visa/Mastercard – Debit and credit cards issued by Visa and Mastercard are the most common payment methods used by punters the world over. The majority of the time, you can bank with these cards without having to fork out a transaction fee.
- Skrill – Skill is one of the many digital wallet services you can avail of. Here you can store your personal card info and perform transactions using your Skrill credentials instead of entering a ream of numbers each time.
- Neteller – Neteller is a gateway service that allows users to deposit to their account without entering their card details on the bookmakers’ site. Some charges could apply using this method, so make sure to check the T&Cs with each vendor.
- PayPal – Most of you will be familiar with this brand. PayPal are an online payment service that allows users to send money using their PayPal details. PayPal store your card information safely to negate the need to enter and re-enter the numbers for every transaction.
- Google Pay – The split between bookmakers that do and don’t carry Google Pay as an option is relatively equal. Google Pay operates the same way at PayPal essentially, though it isn’t quite as popular yet.
- Bank transfer – If you prefer, you can use a more traditional payment method like a bank transfer. It’s worth noting that both payments and withdrawals are likely to be slower than other methods if you choose to go down this avenue.
Ok, so you’ve been lucky enough to win a bet, so how do you get paid? Payout types can differ from site to site, though there are generally common services and themes to be aware of.
Usually, withdrawals can be made using the same mechanism you used to make the payment. For example, if you made a deposit using a debit card, you can put your winnings back on the same card.
Processing times also tend to differ, however, as a general rule of thumb, you should expect withdrawals to cards to be much faster than via bank transfer – which can sometimes take up to five working days. Ouch. Using companies like PayPal and Neteller can also get you paid pretty quickly, however.
There is another cool feature to look out for with some betting sites. Often while punting on football or surfing La Liga betting markets, you’ll see some matches marked with “early payout” messages. With early payouts, the bookie will pay out on a bet before the event ends if certain criteria are met.
For instance, if Barcelona are 2-0 up against Levante with just 20 minutes left on the clock, the bookmaker might pay out on a Barca win before full time.
How to employ a solid La Liga betting strategy
Learning about the features, bonuses, markets, banking and so on is only half the battle and to make the most of your football betting experience, you’ll need to adopt a smart and solid betting strategy that can be applied to La Liga betting markets and elsewhere.
Getting a good handle on how odds work is a good place to start. Naturally, if you see Real Madrid priced at 1/8 to beat Mallorca, then there is little value in backing Los Blancos to win. Instead, look for games where the odds are more evenly priced and from there you can start your search for more angles.
There are some excellent and best of all - free websites – that have up to date injury news and team updates that are always well worth bookmarking to keep you abreast of which players are missing or available. This info can be an extremely useful tool to help you beat the bookies.
Perhaps the most important part of any betting strategy is maintaining a tight control of your finances. You should always avoid betting more than you can afford and don’t attempt to recoup losses by wagering even more. That is the road to ruin. If you find that your betting is getting out of control, there are some fantastic services that can help you.
Ok, let’s get into some hints and tips to help you conquer those La Liga betting markets. The Spanish top flight is a division where the home team usually dominates and 43% of all fixtures during the most recent season in Spain were won by the hosts, compared to just 27% of away sides.
La Liga is also a two-way shoot out for the title between Real Madrid and Barcelona, and both of those giants often blow many of their opponents away with wide-margin wins. As a consequence, keep an eye on the handicap markets when both of those behemoths feature.
Another market that should be a football betting staple where La Liga is concerned is cards. With fiery tempers and trigger-happy referees left, right and centre, matches in Spain usually have high card counts with plenty of yellows and no shortage of reds brandished from week to week.
You can take advantage of that trend with most betting sites, where you’ll find markets for total cards, total team cards and even individual players to get booked.
What to avoid
We touched on it above, but it’s worth reiterating for those at the back – never wager more cash than you can afford to let slip. It’s a recipe for disaster and you’ll be in a hole before you know it.
It’s also wise to not back an outcome because it has a big price. While the bumper potential winnings might have a tempting look, your reasoning and logic behind any bet choice should be on better footing.
You should apply the same rule to accumulator betting. It’s easy to get carried away when you see your potential payout rising with each additional leg you chuck in, but the odds are gigantic for a reason. Try to limit the number of legs you include and if you do fancy a 15-legger, keep your stake as low as possible.
App, mobile and desktop versions
We live in a mobile world where smartphones pack as much punch as high-spec laptops and in the last few years betting from handheld devices has exploded in popularity.
For punters who prefer to do their gaming on the go, there are numerous betting apps to download and enjoy at present and the vast majority of La Liga betting sites either have a fully dedicated app or a fully responsive website that functions across all devices.
There is no definitive reason to say whether desktop or mobile versions are better, it’s really pretty subjective, though you should be able to find all the La Liga betting markets you’re after on any platform.
Usually, bookmakers pack the same features, offers, promos and tools into both their desktop and mobile products, so you aren’t going to miss out on anything with either.
Using betting apps or browsing mobile versions marries really well with in-play betting and it’s much easier to follow the action while on the move yourself.
All the bookies we’ve reviewed and included in our list of best La Liga betting sites for 2023 have superb betting apps that we recommend you check out.
More About La Liga
La Liga is right at the pinnacle of domestic football in Europe and it ranks alongside England’s Premier League as the most desirable competition for the world’s best players to compete in.
Though current champions Real Madrid and Barcelona are the most famous combatants involved, La Liga is packed from top to bottom with some of the continent’s biggest clubs including, Atletico Madrid, Villarreal, Real Betis, Sevilla, Valencia and Real Sociedad.
The strength of the Spanish league is never more evident than when its teams compete in Europe. Six of the last nine Champions League winners have come from Spain, while six of the last nine Europa League winners have also been La Liga sides.
Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo are the two all-time highest goalscorers in Spanish top tier, while Raul, the Brazilian Ronaldo, Rivaldo, Zinedine Zidane, Xavi, Andres Iniesta, Ronaldinho and Karim Benzema are some of the many high-profile superstars to have graced the game there.
Other Popular Leagues and Tournaments to look out for
Of course, La Liga isn’t the only famous tournament that offers football betting opportunities. Keep your eyes peeled for some of the competitions we’ve included below, all of which will be covered extensively by most betting sites.
- Premier League – Proudly claiming to be the “best league in the world”, the English Premier League is the richest domestic division on the planet. Manchester City are the current champions, having just lifted the trophy under Pep Guardiola.
- Serie A – Italy’s prime division features household names like AC Milan, Inter, Juventus and Roma. Serie A has long been one of Europe’s most popular leagues.
- Champions League – With incredible excitement and a cracking anthem to match, the Champions League pits Europe’s best teams against each other in a prestigious knockout tournament.
- World Cup – The World Cup holds a special place in the hearts of football fans everywhere. Held every four years, the World Cup can turn players into legendary figures, revered forever for their feats on the international stage.
Hopefully, you’ve enjoyed our detailed guide on the best La Liga betting sites for 2023 and if you feel more informed and ready to bet with confidence, then it’s job done from our end.
We guarantee you’ll have a ton of fun betting on La Liga and if you choose to use some of the bookies we’ve reviewed, then your experience should be magnified even further.
Remember to refer back to our guide if you run into any difficulties and remember to lay your own groundwork too. Shop around for odds, make yourself away of the wagering requirements for any offers you like the look of and make the markets work for you and not the other way around.
Armed with our information and a rock-solid betting strategy, you should be ready to attack the La Liga betting markets. Best of luck.
Which La Liga betting sites do we recommend?
All of the bookmakers listed in our rundown of the best La Liga betting sites for 2023 come with the MansionBet seal of approval.
Can betting on La Liga be profitable?
Yes. Provided you employ the right betting strategy, you can turn La Liga betting into a profitable pursuit. Avoid common pitfalls, acquire as much information as you can and you should start to see better results.
Why is La Liga so popular?
With clubs like Real Madrid and Barcelona to watch, La Liga is one of football’s most glamorous domestic leagues and supporters all around the world have been enjoying Spanish football for decades.
Who are the current La Liga champions?
Real Madrid won their 35th La Liga title in 2021/22. Los Blancos also lifted the Champions League with a 1-0 win over Liverpool in Paris in May.
Is it safe to bet on La Liga in the UK?
Yes. Betting on La Liga is 100% legal in UK and bookmakers here are licenced by the UK Gambling Commission.