We’re big fans of volleyball at MansionBet and love betting sites that offer odds on the sport.
Best Sites for Betting on Volleyball in 2023
From the Volleyball World Championships to the Olympic Games, volleyball offers a wealth of betting opportunites.
There are many other volleyball leagues round the world, organised by the Fédération Internationale de Volleyball (FIVB).
Whether you are a fan, or new to the sport, volleyball is an unpredictable and exciting game, with some great betting opportunities.
VOLLEYBALL BETTING MARKETS & BETS
Here are some of the most popular volleyball markets and bets.
- Outright: Bet on which team you think will win a tournament.
- Match Betting: Wager on the outcome of a single volleyball match.
- Volleyball live betting: Volleyball is the perfect sport for live in-play betting. You can bet on the match as it happens. What will be the correct score of the first set? What will the team’s winning margin be?
- Over/Under: Place an over/under score bet on either the volleyball match or the set. Oddsmakers will pick a points total. All you have to do is decide whether the final points tally will be over or under that number.
- Correct score: If you love a long shot, a volleyball correct score bet can give you a great return on your bet. In this fast-moving game, picking the exact final score is tricky.
- Handicap: In its most basic form, one side is given a points advantage (handicap) to level an uneven match. This is usually designed to make all bets pay out at roughly even money. It means that a volleyball team, finishing two points ahead, would be considered the losing team, if it had a handicap of three points.
MAJOR INTERNATIONAL VOLLEYBALL TOURNAMENTS
- Olympic Volleyball: The first time many punters see volleyball will be at the Olympic Games. The sport has been part of the official program for the Summer Games since 1964. In 1996, its suntanned cousin beach volleyball also joined the Olympic roster; creating quite a media stir in the process.
- FIVB Volleyball World Championship: Organised by volleyball’s governing body, the FIVB, the world championship is the sport’s major competition. Held in a different country every four years, the three-week event features 24 teams in three rounds of pool competition; climaxing in a semi-final and final knockout stage. Qualification for the event takes place over the preceding three years.
- FIVB Volleyball World Grand Champions Cup: The Champions Cup was created in 1993 to fill a gap in the volleyball calendar, ensuring that there would be no single year without a major, high-profile, world volleyball competition. The event takes place every four years in Japan. Six teams enter the competition - the four continental champions from the preceding Olympic Games (men and women), the host team Japan and a wildcard. It’s the only FIVB tournament that doesn’t award FIVB points towards global ranking.
- CEV Champions League: The Confédération Européenne de Volleyball (CEV) Champions League is the annual competition between Europe’s top clubs. Twenty teams compete in the league which starts in November, culminating in a knockout stage in April and May. The competition has been historically dominated by Russian teams, including CSKA Moscow and Zenit-Kazan.
- FIVB Nations League: This replaced the World League and the World Grand Prix. The inaugural event took place between May and July in 2018 and was a showcase for both the sport and the technology for broadcasting it. It is essentially a world league competition that finishes with a knockout round. The event attracts a global audience of more than 1.5 billion people, with big prize pools for the winning team.
WHY TRUST MANSIONBET?
MansionBet prides itself on offering top class service to sports betting fans.
Our reviews highlight the best places to wager on volleyball and pinpoints the sites you should avoid.
We use our insider knowledge to imporve your experience of betting online – people trust us because we provide the best UK betting sites reviews!
- Betting sites
- Best Sites for Betting on Volleyball in 2023