New customer betting offers are designed to entice you into signing up for an account with an online gambling site. Read on as we tell you all you need to know about betting offers for new customers.
New Customer Betting Offers
Claim Betting Offers for New Customers
What New Customers are Entitled to
If you are thinking about signing up for an account with an online gambling site, one of the first things you will want to know is what betting offers are available to you.
Betting offers for new customers vary between different operators, so it makes sense to shop around before depositing your hard-earned cash.
Generally speaking, sign-up bonus(es) reward new customers by giving them additional funds to play with when they make an initial deposit. Welcome bonus offers often come in the form of free bets, which you must wager on the site before you can turn the funds into withdrawable money.
While bet offers for new customers give you the chance to significantly boost your bankroll, there are usually terms and conditions attached that you need to be aware of. Let’s take a closer look.
Types of Welcome Bonuses
A welcome bonus is awarded to a new customer when they first register an account with an online gambling site. The most popular types of new customer betting offers are as follows:
- Free Bets: Many online betting sites will award free bets when you sign-up for an account. In most cases you will need to make an initial deposit and place a qualifying wager to receive the bonus.
- Bet £10 Get £30: This is a more specific welcome bonus that requires new punters to deposit £10 to receive £30. The bonus is generally awarded as free bets.
- Bet £10 Get £50: A more lucrative offer which has become increasingly popular with online betting sites. Simply sign-up for a betting account, deposit £10 and you receive another £50 to play with.
- Matched Deposit Bonuses: These bonuses are usually advertised as a percentage reward when you make an initially deposit. For example, a deposit £10 get a 200% matched bonus would give you an additional £20 to wager with.
- No Deposit Bonuses: If a betting site is really keen to drum up new business, they will offer punters the opportunity to grab no deposit bonuses. These are effectively free money which you can use to wager with on the site.
How to Claim the Bonuses
Each online gambling site will have its own process for claiming a welcome bonus. The format usually runs along the following lines:
- Sign up for an account with a betting site.
- Enter the bonus code or opt-in if applicable.
- Make a qualifying deposit via an eligible payment method.
- Place a qualifying bet and wait for it to be settled.
- Receive the bonus in your betting account.
Before signing-up for a betting account, it is imperative to read the terms and conditions attached to the welcome bonus.
All new customer betting offers have some form of T&Cs attached to them, which you must adhere to in order to receive the bonus.
The following section will explain how welcome bonus terms and conditions work and what you need to look out for to ensure you receive the offer.
Welcome Bonus Terms & Conditions
It may seem like we’re making a big fuss about the T&Cs, but they are generally really easy to understand on the best betting sites.
To help you take advantage of new customer betting offers, we have come up with a list of the most common T&Cs you need to be aware of.
- Promo Code: Some sites require you to enter a valid promo code to receive their welcome bonus. This is generally requested when you sign-up for a betting account.
- Deposit Requirement: This is the minimum amount you need to deposit to receive betting offers for new customers.
- Deposit Restrictions: Some payment options such as Skrill, Neteller and PayPal are often ineligible for welcome bonus offers.
- Qualifying Bet: Most sites require you to make a qualifying wager to receive their sign-up bonus(es). It is not uncommon for this amount to be the same amount as the initial deposit.
- Minimum Odds: The bet you place to qualify for the bonus will need to be above a minimum odds level. Above odds of 1/2 (1.50) is the usual level this is set at.
- Market Restrictions: In many cases, your qualifying bet must be placed on specific sports and markets to receive the bonus.
- Qualification Time: You will generally have a set period of time in which your qualifying bet must be settled to receive the bonus. A period of up to 30 days tends to be the norm.
- Free Bet Expiration: If your welcome bonus comes in the form of free bets, you will have specific period of time in which to use them. 7-14 days is not uncommon.
Now we have explained how welcome bonuses work, let’s take a closer look how you can best use them to your advantage.
Welcome Bonus Strategy
While there is no guarantee that you will turn new customer betting offers into real money, they do increase your chances of securing winning returns.
To maximise your chances of making a profit, do not be afraid to open online gambling accounts with more than one operator.
If you signed-up with five sites that offered a Bet £10 Get £50 bonus, you would have a whopping £300 to wager with (£50 deposit + £250 bonuses).
We also recommend sticking as closely as possible to the minimum odds requirement when placing your qualifying bets.
By definition a selection priced at 1/2 (1.50) is much more likely to win than one much higher odds. While the returns are smaller, your chances of winning are greater.
The same theory should be applied if your free bets require you to place a multiple bet with specific minimum odds per selection.
For example, if your bonus requires you to place a four-fold with minimum odds per selection of 1/2 (1.50), stick as closely to this as possible.
A successful £50 wager using a free bet that meets this criteria would generate a profit of £203.13 – a generous return if you can make four successful picks.
New Customer vs Existing Customer Bonuses
Your status as a new customer ends once you have fulfilled the requirements of your welcome bonus. If you use the site afterwards, you become an ‘existing customer’.
Once you have exhausted all the new customer betting offers available to you, there are a ton of other existing customer bonuses you can take advantage of. Here are some of the most popular:
- Free Bets: Most online gambling sites offer free bets to existing customers. These are often used to reward you for wagering regularly.
- Money-Back Specials: If your bet loses or something occurs that is linked to the promotion, some sites will refund your stake in the form of a free bet.
- Boosted Odds: Many sites boost odds on selected markets each day. For instance, first goalscorer odds in football games are often boosted for certain players.
- Enhanced Accas: If you like placing multiple bets, enhanced accumulator offers are designed to boost your returns if your selections are successful.
- Acca Insurance: Some sites will refund your acca stake as a free bet if one of your selections lets you down in a multiple bet.
- Best Odds Guaranteed: Most leading betting sites offer Best Odds Guaranteed on UK and Irish racing. If you take the odds and the starting price is greater, you will get the higher rate.
- Daily Specials: These types of offers give punters the chance to grab higher odds on different sports events each day.
- Event Offers: Many betting sites link their offers to specific events such as the Grand National in horse racing or Premier League football.
As with new customer betting offers, we recommend using several sites as an existing customer to ensure you have access to more ongoing promotions.
How to Choose the Correct Betting Site Based on their Welcome Bonus
You are almost ready to take the plunge and start signing-up for new customer betting offers, but which sites should you choose?
Bet offers for new customers should have fair wagering conditions attached to them, so always check the T&Cs to make sure they meet your requirements.
One of the most frustrating elements of a welcome bonus is to place a winning bet only to find you have to jump through more hoops to unlock your winnings.
If a site wants you to ‘play through’ your bonus winnings an unreasonable number of times, it generally pays to take your business elsewhere.
With regards to the size of the bonus, you should be aiming to receive at least two or three times your initial deposit. Anything more than that is well worth considering.
Consider other elements such as the minimum odds requirement, deposit restrictions and market restrictions to ensure these fit with what you want from your bonus.
We also recommend checking out how the timescale attached to your qualifying bet and when it needs to be settled by to receive the bonus.
The same theory applies to the free bets you are awarded when your original bet is settled. Some sites give you as little as 48 hours to use them, which is restrictive.
By contrast, some of the leading online gambling operators will allow you a period of up to 90 days to use your free bets before removing them.
It is important to note that the welcome bonus should be just one of the elements you consider when signing up for a betting account.
Make sure you check out how many sports are covered, compare the odds against other sites and look at the range of markets on offer.
📢 "Features such as live betting, live streaming, payment options, mobile apps and customer service are other factors you need to consider."
Our betting site reviews contain all the information you need to know in this regard, so spend time assessing which ones best suit your requirements.
The online betting industry is a hugely competitive marketplace and you are spoilt for choice when it comes to deciding where to open an account.
The best operators will make it worth your while to sign-up with them by offering generous bonuses and promotions along with a superb online betting experience.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which site has the best sign-up bonus(es)?
Each of the sites we listed earlier in this guide offer competitive welcome bonus promotions to new customers.
Can I get more than one welcome bonus?
Yes! If you sign-up for accounts with different betting sites, you can receive welcome bonuses from each one.
I haven’t received my welcome bonus – what should I do?
If you have met all the T&Cs attached to your bonus, contact the customer support team on your chosen site for assistance.
Can I withdraw my free bet?
No. You will need to use the free bet to wager on the site. If your selection is successful, you should be able to withdraw your winnings. The free bet stake is not returned.
I want to bet on mobile - can I get a welcome bonus?
Absolutely! Some of the top sites also offer exclusive deals for customers who sign-up and wager on their mobile device.
New customer betting offers are a great way to boost your bankroll when you open an account with an online gambling site.
Offers such as Bet £10 Get £50 are well worth checking out as they give you a generous amount of free cash to play with.
If you use them shrewdly, you can bag a significant profit that will help to fund further wagering activities on your chosen site(s).
- Betting sites
- New Customer Betting Offers