Major League Baseball (MLB) has overseen and organised the sport in the United States since 1903. This included the World Series, the league’s annual championship.
Best MLB Baseball Betting Sites for 2023
The 30 teams that compete in MLB come from both the National League and the American League with the winning team from each going head-to-head in the World Series.
Although baseball is an iconic American sport, several other countries have also embraced it including Japan, South Korea, Canada and Cuba.
MansionBet has reviews of the best baseball betting sites. Grab that bat, make a bet and knock it out of the park”
BASEBALL BETTING MARKETS & BETS
Here are some of the best ways to bet on baseball.
- Outright Tournament Winner: When you bet an outright, you are making a wager on the final winner. In the case of baseball, popular tournaments include the College World Series, the international World Baseball Classic and the iconic World Series.
- Outright Match Winner: A typical baseball game usually consists of nine innings. Players must try to score as many runs as possible in each innings, before three players strike out and the sides exchange. The winning team is the side with the highest number of points. An outright match bet means you are betting for the team that wins the game.
- Run Line Result: Run line betting on MLB is similar to both spread betting on the NFL and Asian handicap betting. The favourite team to win may be given a 1.5 run line. This means they must win by at least two runs. If you bet the underdog to win, and they lose by only a single run, it still counts as a win.
- MLB, MVP, Rookie of the Year: Many American sports put great stock in the nomination of the Most Valuable Player and the Rookie of the Year, and MLB is no exception. In the case of the MLB MVP, the winners are determined by the Baseball Writers’ Association of America.
- Over/Under Betting: One of the most popular bets with fans of MLB is the over/under bet. You are betting on the total number of runs scored by both teams at the end of the game - will it be over or under the projected total? This is a great bet for the neutral to enjoy. It can change what team you are cheering for in the last innings.
- Accumulators: Also known as parlays, this type of bet involves mutiple selelections. Add additional picks to create a bigger accumulator. The bigger the accumulator, the greater the risk and the greater the reward. Combo bets don’t have to be exclusive to one sport.
- Prop Bets: A prop bet is a wager on any aspect of the game that is not necessarily dependant on its outcome. For example: who will score the first run? Will there be a home run in the next inning?
- Winning Margin: No prizes for guessing what is involved with this wager. Are the Boston Red Sox looking on form? Will the New York Yankees dominate again? If you think you can guess the winning margin of the day’s game, the sportsbooks featured on MansionBet have a market for you.
- Live In-play Betting: If you have never experienced live in-play betting what are you waiting for? You can enjoy a bet on the baseball as the game progresses. Will there be a home run in the next innings? Bet on live baseball for the biggest thrill.
MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL BETTING & ODDS
Major League Basball is the oldest professional sports league in North America.
Historic Major League Baseball rivalries include the Red Sox versus the Yankees and the Los Angeles Dodgers versus the San Francisco Giants.
The goal of any MLB team is to win its league and earn the right to compete in the World Series. The Yankees have lifted the trophy more times than any other team.
The World Series home advantage is determined by the pennant winning team with the best regular season record. The World Series consists of a best-of-seven games format.
At MansionBet, we review sportsbooks that offer baseball odds including the World Series.
MAJOR INTERNATIONAL BASEBALL TOURNAMENTS
WORLD BASEBALL CLASSIC
Unlike the World Series, the World Baseball Classic is open to countries from around the world. The event was founded in 2006 and takes place every four years.
It was created partly as a reaction to baseball being dropped from the Olympic schedule. The format allows the best players from around the world to compete against each other.
WBSC PREMIER 12 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP
Angling for a piece of international baseball action is the WBSC Premier 12. Held every four years, it brings together the 12 best national teams in the world. South Korea, United States, Mexico and Japan are amongst the teams that feature regularly.
It would be fair to say that the International Olympic Committee has blown hot and cold about the addition of baseball at the Olympic Games.
Baseball featured in 1904, was an exhibition game in 1912, returned from 1992 to 2008 and was then dropped again. It was back for the 2020 Games, but will be omitted from the 2024 edition.
If your idea of a dream holiday is a mix of baseball and Caribbean beaches, then make sure you head to the tropics in February for the annual baseball bonanza that is the Caribbean Series.
Dominated by the Dominican Republic, this competition brings together all the best teams in the Caribbean.
NIPPON PROFESSIONAL BASEBALL LEAGUE
Although soccer is on the rise in Japan, baseball is still the country’s most popular sport. Nippon Professional Baseball is the highest league level of baseball in the country.
Often called Puro Yaky, the league consists of 12 teams. The Yomiuri Giants have won the title more than any other team. Many ex-pat players compete in the league.
The Korea Baseball Organization was founded in 1982, with six franchises. It now has ten.
Each team plays 144 games in the regular season which culminates with the KBO Korean Series. Baseball in South Korea is one of the most popular sports in the country.
WHY TRUST MANSIONBET?
MansionBet is part of the mighty Mansion Group - a leading online sports betting company with a rock-solid reputation for trustworthiness.
Diligent, responsive and responsible, MansionBet’s in-depth reviews will help you get the most out of your baseball betting online.
From bonuses and promotions to betting features and more, we’ve got all the bases covered when it comes to betting on top-class baseball.
- Baseball Betting Sites