Shangri La is better known for its physical and digital casinos across Eastern Europe, though they have made strides into the online sports betting industry more recently. Operating in the Irish market as Shangri La Ireland, the range of coverage and numerous lines on offer will appeal to plenty of bettors, though there are a couple of minus points you should be aware of before you take the plunge. Keep reading to learn more about what’s on the table in our comprehensive Shangri La review below.
Shangri La Sports Betting Review
Shangrila Sport Types
- Horse Racing
- Top layout and website design
- Wide range of sports available
- Extensive bet builder options for certain events
- Great variety of payment methods
- Betting Variety4.9
- Banking Options4.9
- Mobile Experience4.9
- Betting Experience4.9
- Customer Support4.8
Shangri La Full Review
Shangri La Strengths and Weaknesses
Like all sports betting sites available to Irish customers, Shangri La hits some high and low notes. I’d imagine many of you are relatively new to the brand, but don’t let that put you off – there are enough incentives here to give Shangri La Ireland a whirl. Below, we’ve listed what we feel are the sportsbook biggest strengths and weaknesses.
✔️ Shangri La Strengths
- User-friendly and attractive website – Now this might seem like a sort of secondary reason to bet with any sportsbook, but in my experience, the useability of a site has a major impact on the whole enjoyability of the process. Unlike some other betting sites, which can be cluttered and clunky, Shangri La bring you a crisp design that’s super easy to navigate. Market options for events are neatly tabbed and it’s a sinch to find exactly what you’re looking for.
- Excellent coverage across multiple sports – If you’re a bettor who likes to have a flutter in a number of different sports, then I highly recommend checking out what Shangri La has to offer. While other betting sites and competitors drop the ball when it comes to covering certain disciplines, Shangri La Ireland sportsbook is extensive. By our count, there are close to 40 sports to choose from, including horse and greyhound racing.
- Extensive lines and markets on most events – Once you navigate to your sport of choice and click on your desired event, you’ll be blown away by the vast number of options and lines you have to choose from. As a big football fan, I love a bit of choice with some niche lines and Shangri La offer as much depth as any other betting sites out there.
❌ Shangri La Weaknesses
- Mobile betting app is Android only and not iOS – Exclusion is always a bad idea and Shangri La have dropped a bit of a clanger by not releasing any mobile betting apps that works with iOS. Unfortunately for many, that will probably put them off giving Shangri La Ireland a try, though we can only hope that they have an iOS app in the works.
- Limited bonuses and promos on offer – We think there is plenty to be enthusiastic about when it comes to Shangri La welcome bonus, but aside from that opening incentive, there is little to shout about elsewhere. Overall, there are disappointingly limited promos and bonuses on offer for their sportsbook, with the majority of their promotions aimed at the casino market.
- Live streaming limited to eSports events – Unlike other sports betting sites, Shangri La don’t have a licence to stream regular live sports on their website or betting apps, so they fall short of many of their competitors in this field. Fans of eSports can catch plenty of live action with Shangri La, though that doesn’t feel like anywhere near enough to satisfy most bettors.
When it comes to the variety of sports on offer, Shangri La can go toe-to-toe with just about anyone, however, they are definitely lacking in other areas. They really need to up their promos and bonuses game, while the lack of an iOS app or any decent live sports streaming options takes away from the overall experience. Keep reading our Shangri La review for a deeper dive.
Shangri La Profile
|Website: https://shangrilalive.com/sport||Company: InterStorm (Curacao) N.V.|
|Year founded: 2016||License & regulation: Fully licensed in Curacao|
|Contact information: email@example.com plus 24/7 live chat||Sponsorship Deals: N/A|
|Address/Headquarters: 17 Santa Rosaweg, Willemstad, Curacao||Contact information/Support: 4/7 live chat and email|
|Payment Methods: Visa, Mastercard, Skrill, Neteller, ecoPayz, Paysafecard, Bank Transfer, Bitcoin||Features: Visa and MasterCard debit and credit card, Bank Transfer, EcoPayz, Neteller, Skrill, Apple Pay, Google Pay, Amazon Pay, Yandex, Qiwi, MuchBetter, PerfectMoney, AstroPay, Cash-to-code, Interac, Crypto (Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin and Ripple) and more|
|Apps Devices: Android||Casino game types: N/A|
Shangri La Review
Though it has been operating as a sportsbook since 2016, it’s fair to assume that most bettors in Ireland will probably be unfamiliar with Shangri La as a brand, though I invite you to cast aside any fear of the unknown for this promising up and comer.
First of all, I’ll address the all-important security stuff. When putting the site through its paces, I found Shangri La to be safe and secure, with their processes largely in line with what you would expect to find at other betting sites.
With peace of mind a great starting point, the look of the website and interface itself will catch your eye and hold your attention pretty quickly. It’s nicely laid out and is really enjoyable to navigate. The betting app is similarly aesthetically pleasing, though the fact that it’s only available in Android and not iOS is a pretty major drawback.
What about the Shangri La sportsbook itself? Well, what’s not to love? The variety on offer is excellent and alongside the huge number of sports, the markets you’ll find within each event are also impressively vast.
For even the most demanding live betting connoisseurs, Shangri La has oodles to keep you interested and satisfied, while there are enough customer service options to get you out of any hole fast.
That’s not to say that absolutely everything is hunky-dory, however. While researching our Shangri La review, we found their bonus and promos to be lacking in terms of numbers and quality, while the dearth of live streaming options for everything but eSports will leave many disappointed, especially here in Ireland where we love to consume all the action.
Overall, Shangri La has enough about it to make it worth your while however, and though the overall offering feels a little stripped back, sports bettors looking to get in and out with competitive odds will enjoy the experience.
is Shangri La legal in Ireland?
Yes, it most certainly is. Players from Ireland can legally access the Shangri La site to bet on sports. Shangri La is licenced by the Curacao eGaming Control Board and is operated outside of the Irish borders by InterStorm N.V.
Shangri La Welcome Package 🎁
Just like other betting sites, Shangri La offers new customers a welcome package. The incentive stacks up pretty well against other sportsbooks out there, so let’s take a closer look at what’s involved in the next stage of our Shangri La review.
Shangri La Welcome Bonus
Sign up to receive a Sports Welcome Bonus matching 100% of you first deposit up to €100.
As an additional sweeter, you get 20 free spins on the slot machine Sin City Nights.
How to claim Shangri La Welcome Bonus
- The first step involves signing up as a new customer on the Shangri La website or Android app
- Next, make a qualifying first deposit at a minimum €10 and remember to select the relevant bonus in the deposit window pop-up.
- Finally, place your first qualifying bet at a minimum of €0.30 at minimum odds of 1.6 and the bonus will be automatically added to your balance.
Shangri La Welcome Bonus Terms and Conditions
- Maximum bonus is €100.
- Minimum qualifying deposit of €10 and there are wagering requirements x8 on the bonus and deposit amount. For example, if you deposit €20 and receive a €20 bonus, you will have to place a total of €320 in qualifying bets (€40*8) to redeem the bonus.
- Your deposit and bonus amount will be transferred to your bonus wallet, and will be locked for sports betting while the bonus is active.
- You have 30 days to complete the wagering. After this period any remaining bonus will be forfeited.
- Only bets with odds 1.6 or higher contribute to the wagering requirement.
- Other T&Cs apply.
Shangri La Best Sports Features
When it comes to nifty features and things to keep you interested, Shangri La doesn’t quite reach the bar set by some of the more established betting sites in Ireland, however, there are a few features that are definitely worth your time.
- Shangri La bet builder: Construct personalised bets from a vast array of options with Shangri La bet builder. There is a particular focus on football here, so if that’s your bag, you will have a lot of fun.
- Shangri La In-Play hub: Via Shangri La excellent In-Play hub, you can keep right on top of what’s happening in your event of choice. There are numerous stats, fluctuating odds and markets to dig into.
- You can access all current live sports that you can watch via the widget digital display. You get all the in-game stats and latest odds and betting markets for that sport.
- Shangri La Acca Boost: While promotions are limited overall, we do like Shangri La Acca Boost. Starting with a 5% price boost for a four-selection ticket, you can work your way up to a whopping 60% bonus if your accumulator has 16 legs.
- Watch live e-sports with Shangri La: E-sports aren’t for everyone, though enthusiasts will love the amount of live streaming options available on Shangri La in this arena.
Shangri La Mobile App 📱
More and more people like to do their betting and gaming on the move and Shangri La have joined the betting apps revolution by releasing their own. While their app loses points for only being available on Android, it does a good job of packaging the website features into a mobile ready application.
You’ll find all of your favourite sports and markets on there with ease and during our research for this Shangri La review, we found the app really stable and reliable. It’s particularly handy for live in-play betting.
Downloading the app is a piece of cake. You’ll find a direct link to get it at the very top of the Shangri La home page.
Shangri La Banking Options
Some betting sites tend to cut down their payment/deposit options, however, Shangri La do a great job of making it as easy as possible to game with them.
You can use all the staples to fund your account like Visa and MasterCard debit and credit card, Bank Transfer, EcoPayz, Neteller and Skrill, though we were impressed to see Apple Pay, Google Pay, Amazon Pay, Yandex, Qiwi, MuchBetter, PerfectMoney, AstroPay, Cash-to-code, Interac and even crypto (Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin and Ripple) listed there too.
Best of all – each of those, bar the deposit only Cash-to-code, are available as both deposit AND withdrawal options in Ireland.
Personally, I went down the Visa debit card route and found the whole process really straightforward.
Limits wise, everything is pretty standard fare and comparable to other betting sites.
The withdrawal times change depending on the service you choose to use. With traditional banking methods, payment can be transferred to your account within 3 to 5 business days.
With newer modern e-wallet services, that timeframe can be shortened to between 1 to 3 days. For a more detailed breakdown of times, we recommend checking out Shangri La withdrawal page.
Strong customer service is a hugely important part of online betting and as part of our Shangri La review, we gave their department a thorough test.
There is no telephone number available for people who want direct human interaction, though that is pretty common on betting sites these days.
Shangri La Help Centre team – who you can talk to using the live chat function – are available 24/7 however, to get you over any bumps in the road.
The help section is also pretty useful if you’re looking to have a common query answered quickly, though the response times on live chat are generally good too.
If you prefer to e-mail and your issue isn’t too urgent, you can choose to go down that avenue. Overall, the customer service options at Shangri La Ireland are super professional and on the ball.
Frequently asked questions about Shangri La
Does Shangri La have a minimum withdrawal amount?
The minimum withdrawal amount at Shangri La for the majority of the payment methods available is €20.
Where is Shangri La licensed?
Shangri La is fully registered and licensed in Curacao.
Can I live stream sports events with Shangri La?
Unfortunately, you can only stream eSports currently with Shangri La.
Does Shangri La have any mobile betting apps?
Shangri La has a dedicated betting app, however, it is important to note that is only available on Android and NOT iOS.
- MansionBet Ireland
- Shangri La Sports Betting Review