Before jumping in with any new bookmaker or betting sites, you should always try to arm yourself with as much information as possible. From the sports coverage and promos available to the comparative value of odds and payment/withdrawal processes, there are plenty of things to be aware of. Our Powbet review aims to provide all the info you need, so let’s get right to it.
PowBet Irish Sports Betting Review
PowBet Sport Types
- Horse Racing
- Huge range of sports on offer
- Interesting and exciting promotions
- 24/7 customer service live chat
- Excellent horse racing coverage
- Betting Variety5.0
- Banking Options4.9
- Mobile Experience4.9
- Betting Experience5.0
- Customer Support5.0
PowBet Full Review
PowBet Strengths and Weaknesses
Sports bettors in Ireland are already spoiled for choice, but despite its relative infancy, Powbet has the makings of another major contender in the online betting space. Below, I’ve taken a deep dive into what I consider are Powbet major strengths and weaknesses.
✔️ PowBet Strengths
- Extensive range of sports available – Variety is the spice of life and multi-sports enthusiasts will have their socks knocked off by the enormous range at Powbet. By our count, there are over 40 sports available to bet on with Powbet, which compares really favourably with just about any competitor you care to name. All your staples like football and horse racing are covered extensively, while the GAA options on there should be a real hit here in Ireland.
- Competitive odds on most events – Everyone from novice to seasoned bettors and those in-between want the best bang for their buck and while researching this Powbet review, I found the sportsbook odds and prices to be a match of anyone else’s. With a little effort, I was able to beat a number of more established outfits on certain events with Powbet.
- Fast loading times and slick interface – Powbet complement a really good-looking site with rapid-fire loading times and for my money, there are few betting sites out there that are as pleasing on the eye. They’ve nailed the colour combos and general navigation, and it takes mere milliseconds to move between pages and menus.
❌ PowBet Weaknesses
- No mobile betting apps available – Most of the top betting sites in Ireland offer customers dedicated betting apps, however, Powbet haven’t released one yet. Their website is fully optimised for mobile use, though a standalone app would drag up the overall quality of their product.
- Tricky wagering requirements for some promotions – There is a good range of promotions and bonuses available with Powbet, though we found that some of the sports offers come with less-than-ideal wagering requirements. Too many T&Cs attached to a single promo can strip the fun away pretty quickly and that’s something that Powbet probably need to work on.
- Limited live streaming options – While our Powbet review research turned up a few live streamed events from minor leagues and competitions, the site compared badly in this arena to many competing betting sites. We realise that live sports streaming isn’t the be all and end all, though it can still be a bit of a letdown when your expectations aren’t met.
There were a couple of holes in Powbet product, but I was overwhelmingly impressed with what was on offer there overall. It’s easily one of the best-looking betting sites in Ireland and the variety of sports and markets on the book is superb. I have a feeling that many of you will try Powbet once and end up staying forever. Keep reading our Powbet review to learn more.
|Website: https://powbet.com/en/||Company: Rabidi N.V.|
|Year founded: 2021||License & regulation: Fully licensed in Curacao|
|Contact information: firstname.lastname@example.org plus 24/7 live chat||Sponsorship Deals: N/A|
|Address/Headquarters: Scharlooweg 39, Willemstad, Curacao||Contact information/Support: 24/7 live chat and email|
|Payment Methods: Visa, Mastercard, Paysafecard, Bank Transfer, Skrill, Neteller, eZeeWallet, MiFinity, CashtoCode, Cryptocurrencies||Features: Live betting, tournaments, bet builder, popular sports, cash out|
|Apps Devices: N/A||Odds Providers: Altenar|
Right off the bat, Powbet welcomes you on board with a great matched first deposit bonus and the positive early marker they put down quickly turns into a trend of plus points.
Bettors in Ireland will be thrilled with the vast array of sports on offer with all your favourites at your fingertips including football, horse and greyhound racing.
In terms of the odds on offer, our Powbet review found the prices to be extremely competitive and you won’t be shaving off any value by sticking with Powbet for the majority of sports they offer.
Their live betting package also stacks up well against competing betting sites, though it’s the functionality of Powbet in terms of aesthetics and navigating that earns the most points from us.
The colour scheme and organisation of the different panels you use are second to none and on my first use of Powbet, I was able to get to where I wanted as quick as a flash.
The lack of any dedicated betting apps is a bit of a drawback, however, the website functions so seamlessly on mobile devices that Powbet can skirt around that small issue pretty handily.
Any concerns about payments or withdrawals should also be cast aside. I found both depositing and withdrawing a sinch, with numerous options available for each direction the cash flows. Customer service response times were also strong, so there is really little to complain about here.
Overall, I can’t recommend Powbet highly enough. For a sportsbook that launched as recently as last year, they already hit so many of the right notes so I’m excited to see how they develop even further.
Is Powbet legal in Ireland?
Yes. Players from Ireland can legally join and play as the sportsbook holds a recognised gambling licenced issued by the Curacao Government which is accepted across the continent by EU regulators. From my experience, Powbet is both safe and secure, and I was at ease while betting on their website.
Powbet Welcome Bonus Package 🎁
The vast majority of sports betting sites out there offer incentives to new customers and registrants and Powbet are no different. For new sign ups in Ireland, Powbet offer a competitive welcome package that is well worth checking out.
Powbet Welcome Bonus
Register with Powbet to receive a First Deposit Bonus matching 100% of your first deposit up to €100
How to claim Powbet Welcome Bonus
- Open a new account at Powbet by following their simple registration process.
- Deposit up to €100 and place a qualifying bet (minimum €20).
- Bonus will be automatically applied once you’ve run through the wagering requirements.
Powbet Welcome Bonus Terms and Conditions
- The welcome bonus is open to new customers only.
- Players must play through their original deposit at least once with odds no less than 1.50.
- Bets must be fully settled before the bonus can be claimed.
- Deposits via Skrill or Neteller are not eligible.
- Some wagers do not count towards the wagering requirements for this bonus including handicap, over/under, both teams to score, odd/even and cashed out bets.
- Punters must meet all of the offer’s wagering requirements in 30 days.
Powbet Best Sports Features
When we talk about features, we’re discussing the different elements, tools and interesting items that betting sites use to add value to their product. A lot of the stuff in question are pretty standard things, though quite often you’ll find unique items that set some bookmakers apart. Below, we continue our Powbet review with a look at some of their best features in Ireland.
Now, this is something we don’t stumble across all that often. With Powbet tournaments, bettors are handed the chance to win big cash prizes based on their punting history.
What that means is that you can sign up for a tournament and move up and down the rankings based on the success of your bets when measured against the other competitors.
A minimum deposit of €20 is required to be eligible for most of the tournaments, however, this is a really innovative and fun feature.
Powbet bet builder
Bet builders – which are fully customised, multi-part bets - have exploded in popularity in recent years and Powbet have hit the mark with their effort to compete. Football is the feature sport here and there are enough markets for most events to build excellent bets, including numerous cards and corners options.
Powbet Cash out
Punters in Ireland can fully or partially cash out bets with Powbet. This includes bets placed earlier in a live event or in pre-match betting. Accumulators can also be cashed out after a number of legs – which is a feature we are particularly fond of.
Powbet Mobile App 📱
The big-hitting betting sites in Ireland all have dedicated apps for both Android and iOS, however, Powbet has yet to add its own product to the space. This might seem like a major issue – but we promise you it really isn’t.
Powbet have fully optimised their website and it’s a dream to run on mobile devices. You won’t even realise that you’re betting through a browser. All the finesse is there along with the extensive markets and excellent odds.
An app might be released further down the line, though it doesn’t seem like a priority right now.
Powbet Customer Support
I’ll get the negative stuff out of the way first. The FAQ on Powbet isn’t exactly exhaustive, in fact, it is barely populated at all and other betting sites have more comprehensive frequently asked question sections.
Elsewhere, the addition of a customer telephone line for folks who still prefer old fashioned human interaction would be a sweetener, though it’s common enough to find online sportsbooks without phone options.
The good news is that Powbet 24/7 live chat and email customer service options are strong enough to make up for the bits and pieces lacking elsewhere.
While researching this Powbet review, I put both the live chat and email through their paces with a flurry of queries and I was impressed with the swiftness of the responses and professionalism within. Powbet score big here for this hugely important aspect.
Frequently asked questions about PowBet
Can I make deposits in Euros with PowBet?
Yes. Bettors in Ireland can make deposits and withdrawals in Euros.
Does Powbet charge any payment fees?
No. All deposits and withdrawals handled by Powbet are done so completely free of charge.
Does Powbet have a minimum withdrawal amount?
The minimum withdrawal with Powbet is €10.
Does Powbet have a mobile betting app?
There are no downloadable betting apps from Powbet, but fear not! Their website can be reached from mobile devices and it's fully optimised.
- MansionBet Ireland
- PowBet Irish Sports Betting Review